Socially Distant Transportation to MK

kcp13b

Earning My Ears
I haven't seen a lot of information regarding how transportation to a park like MK will look. Personally, I think the Skyliner now looks like my preferred mode of Disney transportation. How do you think they will limit the ferry boats and monorails? Increase buses from TTC to MK?

The Skyliner is not expected be in use, probably due to the challenge of cleaning between parties. Those resorts are not opening immediately, either. I read that Universal has limited bus occupancy to ~17, and I expect similar limited capacity at WDW. Same for boats. The monorail may limit to every-other car or such.

The big unknown is how long such restrictions may be in place. A couple of weeks? A month? We’ll have to wait and see.

From a safety point, I think the skyliner is the worst option.
Once on, people will 100% not wear their mask in in. Even if they do, the Center for Infectious Disease said if you are in the same air space as another for over 1 minute that you breathed in the same air so once they get off and you get on 🤷‍♀️
it has limited air movement and I doubt “cleaned” after each ride

bus is still enclosed but they can at least spread you out some
ferry would be open and spread out = safest ??

The Skyliner is not expected be in use, probably due to the challenge of cleaning between parties. Those resorts are not opening immediately, either. I read that Universal has limited bus occupancy to ~17, and I expect similar limited capacity at WDW. Same for boats. The monorail may limit to every-other car or such.

The big unknown is how long such restrictions may be in place. A couple of weeks? A month? We’ll have to wait and see.
Oh wow, if they are not opening the skyliner, I hope they will let us switch resorts and keep our discount. I do not want to be stuck with CBR bus transportation and would happily pay more to escape it!

Once on, people will 100% not wear their mask in in. Even if they do, the Center for Infectious Disease said if you are in the same air space as another for over 1 minute that you breathed in the same air so once they get off and you get on 🤷‍♀️

Apologies, but this doesn't make sense. The CDC information relates to concurrent shared air space, not consecutive. But all Disney would need to do is alternate gondola occupancy. Don't reload a car if it just emptied. Let it at least get to the destination ststion, oif not back to the originating resort.

The monorail may limit to every-other car or such.
How does limiting to every other car help? The cars are separate, so there's no "air sharing" between them. Unless they're going to have a CM clean the "empty" cars between guests.

Skyliner Gondolas had awesome airflow when we rode in February. Load every other gondola going one direction, load the opposite gondolas going the other direction. Totally aired out by the time the next group loads.

Apologies, but this doesn't make sense. The CDC information relates to concurrent shared air space, not consecutive. But all Disney would need to do is alternate gondola occupancy. Don't reload a car if it just emptied. Let it at least get to the destination ststion, oif not back to the originating resort.
CDC and Center for Infectious Disease are different.
CID says that the same air without time for germs to settle can and will be breathed in even with a cloth mask.
if you are in one spot for 1 minute of more the air is “infected” and if another person comes into that air for 1 minute then they most likely breathed in the same air

anyway, you are right, if they skip cars and do every other that would work perfect

How does limiting to every other car help? The cars are separate, so there's no "air sharing" between them. Unless they're going to have a CM clean the "empty" cars between guests.
I don't know, it was just a guess. I think what I was picturing in my head was every-other door, rather than every-other car, since each car has a front and back. The opposite end could be cleaned between guests. But again just a random thought and have no insight more than what WDW has shared.

I did read somewhere that the monorail would be in service for resort guests only.

The skylines has open air vents though and air is cintinually blowing th
I don't know, it was just a guess. I think what I was picturing in my head was every-other door, rather than every-other car, since each car has a front and back. The opposite end could be cleaned between guests. But again just a random thought and have no insight more than what WDW has shared.

I did read somewhere that the monorail would be in service for resort guests only.
Hmm, not sure how they would enforce that. I could see them doing the monorail resort loop only, but if you have a guest at MK with a dining reservation at Kona Cafe--how do you stop them boarding the resort monorail?

Ive talked to medical folks who think its the best option. Following some guidelines.

1. We now know surface to surface transmission is not quite as prevalent as we thought. Transmission is believed to be mostly from close contact with others.

2. There is A LOT of airflow in the Skyliners. Make sure all vents are set to let fresh air flow as much as possible no matter the temperature to flush out any air borne particles.

3. Then simply rotate Skyliner occupation between stations. If its was full when it arrives it stays empty until next station to give the air flow time to do its thing. When you get on you will be getting into a previously empty Skyliner.

4. Obviously no mixing of parties or groups. If a single person needs to ride then so be it. They ride alone.

The skylines has open air vents though and air is cintinually blowing th

Hmm, not sure how they would enforce that. I could see them doing the monorail resort loop only, but if you have a guest at MK with a dining reservation at Kona Cafe--how do you stop them boarding the resort monorail?
Launch. Or ferry. Worst case, backstge van (for guests in wheelchairs, which can't be accommodated on the GF/Poly launches.)

I will have a rental car (parking with DVC rental is free) and will probably pay to valet park at the Contemporary so I can just walk to MK.

From our few times on the Skyliner, they almost always gave DH & I our own car, so I do think that would be a good mode of transportation, but it doesn't go to MK?

I will have a rental car (parking with DVC rental is free) and will probably pay to valet park at the Contemporary so I can just walk to MK.
Curently/initially, Valet parking will be available only to guests with handicapped plates/placards.

Ive talked to medical folks who think its the best option. Following some guidelines.

1. We now know surface to surface transmission is not quite as prevalent as we thought. Transmission is believed to be mostly from close contact with others.

2. There is A LOT of airflow in the Skyliners. Make sure all vents are set to let fresh air flow as much as possible no matter the temperature to flush out any air borne particles.

3. Then simply rotate Skyliner occupation between stations. If its was full when it arrives it stays empty until next station to give the air flow time to do its thing. When you get on you will be getting into a previously empty Skyliner.

4. Obviously no mixing of parties or groups. If a single person needs to ride then so be it. They ride alone.
That was where my thought of preferring the Skyliner came in. I found the airflow from open vents to be pretty significant and as a party with a stroller, we were typically in our cabin alone.

If Disney needed/wanted to clean in-between parties, I figured they could create some type of system that would allow for a CM to hop in and out or require guests to sanitize their hands prior to boarding like Universal seems to be doing on rides.

From our few times on the Skyliner, they almost always gave DH & I our own car, so I do think that would be a good mode of transportation, but it doesn't go to MK?
That was my concern. I can drive to the three parks and skip the trams in favor of walking to stay away from others. If I drive to MK, I still have to take some type of transportation to actually get to the park. Obviously there will be less people due to capacity restrictions, but I just keep imagining how the TTC looks on a typical Saturday where the Monorails are slammed and the ferry lines backed up the ramp.

I just threw the Skyliner in there as, while I was not initially jazzed about some of my perceived risks, I think it would be the only Disney Transportation I would feel 100% comfortable riding in our current climate.

Agree with you 100% - thought about the mask situation, too. This is the transportation that people are most likely to pull the masks off and breathe/cough in the confined space. The cars are going to be hot and it'll likely be 3/4/5 people in a car traveling together - so off with the masks. Expect they'll need a plan to sanitize between uses - or else, they might not be able to use Skyliner for the next few months. For us, this is the LAST mode of transportation we'd feel safe using.

Then again, until they open more resorts, there's not going to be a need to even run it - so it's probably a moot point anyway. For the immediate future, only BCV and Riviera will be hosting guests - probably use alternate transportation for those resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter