• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' vs. Wild Arctic

ellindea

<font color=teal>Wore Indie's hat and didn't get b
Hey there:
I tried posting this in a different forum but got no response, so I figured I'd have more luck here. So here it is:

A question for those who have ridden "Soarin' Over California" (Califorrnia Adventure) and the Wild Arctic simulator.
I am a wheelchair-bound young woman and I usually, b/c of my multiple complications from CMD (Congenital Muscular Dystrophy), cannot ride thrill or simulator rides. I was, however, able to fully enjoy "Soarin' Over California" w/ my dad transferring me. Is the Wild Arctic ride comparable to Soarin' over CA, or is Wild Arctic pretty rough? It sounds like a fun ride, but if it's pretty rough I'll plan on doing the non-motion option. My family and I are trying to plan a vacation to Disney World and possibly a day at Sea World, too, so it would be cool to know what options there are concerning rides for me and the 2 other disabled members of my family.
Thanks! :earsgirl:

First of all, welcome to disABILITIES.

If Wild Arctic is a simulator ride wit will probably be pretty rough. I know with the Disney simulator rides (Body Wars and Star Tours) if they are not using all of the simulators they will put you in an usused on and run the vieo and all effects but not the motion.

On a side note, please do not use light blue type on a white background; some of us have vision problems and the very low contrast makes it hard to read.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the light-colored font. :) I'm fairly new to disboards and was just tinkering around with different options. How's this color? It's my fave. :)

Thank you, it is much more readable.

I was just looking at the Sea World Accessibility Guide and it does say that a non-motion version is available.

We have been on Wild Arctic and it is very rough - more so than star wars or body tours. There is a stationary option so that would probably be your best option. If there are others in your party that want to ride at the same time, tell the staff member at the entrance and she can show you where to wait so that when they get to the front of the queue (there is only ever a queue for the moving seats not the stationary ones) you can 'ride' at the same time so that you exit into the exhibit together.

Sue

ellindea said:
My family and I are trying to plan a vacation to Disney World and possibly a day at Sea World, too, so it would be cool to know what options there are concerning rides for me and the 2 other disabled members of my family.
Thanks! :earsgirl:
Hi ellindea,

I sent you a private message regarding discounts you might take advantage of at SeaWorld. If you haven't gotten private messages before, look on the right hand side of the page, near the top, where it says, "Welcome ellindea", and click on "private messages" to read the one I sent to you.

Welcome to the board, - Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter