Soarin’ around the the world - screen

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by smartlabelprint, Oct 12, 2018.

1. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

I tried searching...

WHich screen do I request to not see it all curved? I really hate this attraction compared to soarin’ over ca.

2. midnight star

midnight star Mouseketeer

I believe it is middle and row 1..

Someone else correct me if this is wrong.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. LilyJC

LilyJC Mouseketeer

Yes, you’ll want to request B. Any of the rows are fine in B to avoid the bending, but if you don’t want hanging feet you’ll need to request row 1.

And agreed, we miss the Soarin’ over CA version. :sad1:

5. dcraythorn

dcraythorn Mouseketeer

I have found that the best view for Soarin' was the center in the back, even though you see the feet, it is still the best view for no curves.

6. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

Screen does not matter...what you want to request is "B"seating section. A and C are the left and right seating sections where the curvature is more prominent. B is the center section with more of a straight on view.

7. ashley0139

ashley0139 DIS Veteran

Yep, the closer you are to the middle of the screen, the less curvature you'll have. Either theater is fine, you just need to request section b.

8. jbh275

jbh275 Love VGC

I sure would like to see them bring back California version from time to time.

9. Nonsuch

Nonsuch DIS Veteran

This past weekend (Friday to Tuesday) the "B" seating was broken in the West screen (left when the line splits).

10. alvernon90

alvernon90 DIS Veteran

Agreed! For a while I had completely given up on that ride, because it so desperately needed a refurb, so I just pretended it was in refurb and refused to ride. But once they upgraded the screens and projectors, it was like a brand new ride.

The mechanical stuff still works great, but the new movie itself is fatally flawed. Yet knowing Disney we are stuck with it for at least the next 15 years because they'll refuse to pay to make a new one or fix the existing one. So the least they could do is bring back the old movie for special occasions. But I suspect they won't, because when they do it will become clear that people love the old one and dislike the new one.

11. ButterflyKisses77

ButterflyKisses77 Mouseketeer

Alvernon90 So true!!

12. Chrisfilm

Chrisfilm Mouseketeer

I will never understand why they didn't leave one screen as Soarin' over CA.