So You Think You Can Dance 2007!!!

SHUT UP!!! Nooo way!!! Ok off to set the Tivo. You rock Dyan!!!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

I don't know how they are going to top Benji?!?!? :love:

I hope that girl that broke her foot comes back, she was talented.

DIdn't watch ot last time but am planning on checking it out this time around...probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway...how often is it on each week? What's the format?

I'm going to the movies tonight so I set my tivo. I'll have plenty of time to watch it this weekend since my DH is getting his wisdom teeth out so we're just hanging out at home.

I want a tivo. I've been thinking about checking out the Dish network DVR though but I'm already irritated at their rates.

I set my Tivo for 2 minutes late too. I think it ran over next year.

V, you have to get a Tivo!!! We have DVR service on our cable box too but we also bought a spacial Tivo at Best Buy that had a recordable DVD player with it so I can record my Tivo'ed shows onto DVDs.

April, last year I think it was on 2x a week??? One for the dances itself and one for elimination. Teh grand prize was a 1 year contract with Celine Dion. Don't know who it will be this year. The basic format was I think 12 girls/12 boys I'm guessing at the numbers. But they were partnered up and had to learn a certain dance every week, one week it could be broadway and the next week it could be the contemporary. Each of the dancers usually had some kind of dance background too. But they had to learn new things too. Benji, last years winner, was a Swing dancer. His dad is the SWing King of the West Coast. Anyway he had to learn krumping, hip hop, contemporary. etc....
Each week 1 boy and 1 girl was eliminated. Some people had their partners for weeks, others would get new ones if their other 1/2 was eliminated. Towards the end they started switching partners every week, drawing names out of a hat and then drawing names. I think they had solo numbers too.
The 2 finalists were thisclose. It was a tough call, but I loved Benji. So I'm happy he won. DH was routing for Travis.

I set my Tivo for 2 minutes late too. I think it ran over next year.

V, you have to get a Tivo!!! We have DVR service on our cable box too but we also bought a spacial Tivo at Best Buy that had a recordable DVD player with it so I can record my Tivo'ed shows onto DVDs.

April, last year I think it was on 2x a week??? One for the dances itself and one for elimination. Teh grand prize was a 1 year contract with Celine Dion. Don't know who it will be this year. The basic format was I think 12 girls/12 boys I'm guessing at the numbers. But they were partnered up and had to learn a certain dance every week, one week it could be broadway and the next week it could be the contemporary. Each of the dancers usually had some kind of dance background too. But they had to learn new things too. Benji, last years winner, was a Swing dancer. His dad is the SWing King of the West Coast. Anyway he had to learn krumping, hip hop, contemporary. etc....
Each week 1 boy and 1 girl was eliminated. Some people had their partners for weeks, others would get new ones if their other 1/2 was eliminated. Towards the end they started switching partners every week, drawing names out of a hat and then drawing names. I think they had solo numbers too.
The 2 finalists were thisclose. It was a tough call, but I loved Benji. So I'm happy he won. DH was routing for Travis.

Thanks...We will definitely check it out more. Got home last night from my daughters Jazz Band concert at school and had forgotten to record it...caught the last half hour.

I liked watching last night! I only wished they would have showed more of the call backs. That shows us who actually has the talent. I especially wanted to see why the second hip hop guy didn't make it!:guilty:

My two favorites were the teacher and student! The student was unbelievable...oh, also, the first ballroom dancers!

I liked the first ballroom dancers too, and the sister of last year's guy (name?). They spent too much time on Sex and his mom...sheesh! That was NOT entertainment to me. Loved the teacher and student. Wow, that girl has legs the just didn't end.

So, my question is do they have screeners like on Idol? I know they let the untalented through for dramatic effect, but sometimes it's just painful to watch!

My favorites too were the teacher & student.. Boy did that student have a set of LONG legs on her.. She was just breath-taking to watch!!! Very talented..

I too, as well as my complaining kids, would have liked to see more of the callbacks.. more of the "you've got to be kiddin' me".. I thought it was funny w/ the mom what yelled at Nigel...

I can't believe Sex came back! I mean come on! His mother is doing him no favors. I know "kids" have dreams but it's a 30-something year old man for goodness sakes!

The student and teacher were both really good and that first ballroom pair - WOW!

I loved Benji last year too :)

I can't believe Sex came back! I mean come on! His mother is doing him no favors. I know "kids" have dreams but it's a 30-something year old man for goodness sakes!

The student and teacher were both really good and that first ballroom pair - WOW!

I loved Benji last year too :)

That is exactly what I was thinking with Sex's mom.. Good grief.. quit allowing him to follow a dream to destruction!!! She is definitely not doing him any favors... My kids even said they hope DH and I will be honest and if they are pitiful point them in the right direction to make themselves successes... I very nicely pointed out.. I'm the perfect mom.. so you are perfect in everything you do!!! :):rotfl:

It is one thing if your 7 year old child has a dream to be a dancer but obviously when you're 30-something with no training no rhythm etc. and just are scary to watch, it's time to find something else to do.

I agree about "Sex". It's really sad that they spent so much time on him...and his mom. It was so painful to watch. As moms we all encourage the kiddos, but this is just not fair to that guy. And the show putting on the whole thing with the mom and all the criticism, it was just a waste. I needed to see those better dancers that went to choreography. A few of the crazies is entertaining, but like Idol, the sad ones need to not be shown...IMHO.

I hope next week there are some good ones.

I was not happy that they didn't show much of the choreography round. I wanted to see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter