So what's the one gift you DON'T want to see under the tree for you?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
As the holidays rapidly approach... and everyone is trying to find those great gifts, that will be wanted... What gift do you hope that you DON'T get this year...You know that gift that you smile and say a warm thank you to the gift giver as you really appreciate the thought but the gift is not really something that you will use or wear, or whatever and then that gift that goes in a drawer or to charity.

For me it clothing and accessories.... I am okay with socks or a scarf ... and maybe a Disney T-shirt or Disney earrings or something like that ...

Anything, really. I don't typically enjoy getting gifts. It makes me uncomfortable. I get very anxious if I DO see something with my name on it. Luckily, my DH understands this :) We typically do something nice "for the family" as a gift. Just one of my many quirks :)

Running gear
This is my 3rd year of doing races and love it, but I have more than I need. Seems like I get another shirt for every race I do.

Material things
I'd rather get a gift card for dinner, a tank of gas for a weekend getaway, or an extra day of PTO from my employer than a box of something. As I get older, experiences trump things.

Live animals
A couple of years ago, we heard something chewing at wrapping paper. It was a mouse. We can do without one of those again.

The $10 GC to Starbucks that my ILs get my every year as my gift. I don't drink Starbucks, and they also do it to be hurtful (they spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on everyone else in the family and make a point to give me that $10 GC each year). I'd rather they get me nothing at all than something designed to make me upset.

The $10 GC to Starbucks that my ILs get my every year as my gift. I don't drink Starbucks, and they also do it to be hurtful (they spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on everyone else in the family and make a point to give me that $10 GC each year). I'd rather they get me nothing at all than something designed to make me upset.
OMG! That's terrible!

I'd probably thank them and let them know that since I didn't drink coffee, I was donating it to the local police/fire station employees who would probably love it.

Anything for the kitchen. I love my dad but every year he gets me something kitchen related for both my birthday and Christmas and 90% of the time its something I have no use for. Also anything that says hey you need to do housework ie: new vacuum , nice mop ect

Sounds like something my in-laws would do. I'm so sorry. Luckily, Starbucks cards are very easy to regift. Hang in there!

Anything, really. I don't typically enjoy getting gifts. It makes me uncomfortable. I get very anxious if I DO see something with my name on it. Luckily, my DH understands this :) We typically do something nice "for the family" as a gift. Just one of my many quirks :)

Same! I don't really like getting gifts any more and feel totally uncomfortable.

My mom means well but keeps sending me these athleisure outfits from Talbot's. I don't see her often:( so I can return without her knowing though and have gotten two very nice cashmere sweaters in exchange.

I'm in the 'uncomfortable receiving gifts' sector as well, but my mom refuses to not have things under the tree for me. I've asked for board games this year, so we'll see how that goes. Seeing as she texted me the other day asking what size pants/trousers I wear... I'm not looking forward to that portion of the holidays.

I agree, I like giving others things but don't really care if I get anything. I do want my husband and son to make an effort. Last year my son bought me some wash cloths. :D It was so sweet, he went out on his own and bought them. For my birthday he bought me Hershey bars and some diet cokes. He knows his mama!

Anything that is purchased just to have something under the tree--those things I don't need or want and feel guilty about because I'm just going to get rid of them. I don't want fuzzy socks, I don't want a mug with a cocoa packet. If it's from the (young) kids, ok. But from adult family/in-laws, I would just prefer not to get anything. Ok, maybe a Disney gift card :D But seriously, I wish we could keep Christmas for the kids, and the adults could just enjoy each other's company. I'd love to go out to dinner together or have a dinner night together at home. I love that my sister and I have an annual trip to Disneyland in early Dec. and that's our gift. I love getting together with my adult daughter and baking treats. That kind of thing is what's special to me about holidays, not gifts, and it's frankly an expense that often seems like a waste.

Really, anything. I don't need more stuff. I don't. I don't have space for the stuff I have!

But especially clothes. Ugh. My style is varied yet somehow my family still gets me stuff I would never wear.

Screeeetch! STOP. Wait a minute.

Are you serious? That is HORRIBLE!!
What does your spouse say????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter