So what brands, products, or items do you buy regardless of cost?

Dry idea deodorant.
Ford cars.
Equate and Great Value products fill my cupboards because we really have no brand loyalty beyond that, we buy based on price.
Things like milk, I don't understand brand loyalty. Looking at the coding on the jug at my grocery store, all 4 brands come from the same dairy, and there is a $2.50 price spread.

Most cereals we eat- have tried generic and they almost never get eaten.

Oh man, there is nothing better than store brand corn flakes, they have a malty flavor that the brand name doesn't. And when my kids were growing up, they said the Great Value version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch tasted better.

Only 100% maple syrup, no Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima!

McCormick 100% vanilla extract. I can tell the difference in the imitation.

(snip)
We pretty much only buy real products, too. I will buy other brands of vanilla and maple syrup, but not imitation. But . . . sadly, in our house for maple syrup, we have to buy Mrs Butterworths as well. When my kids were little, that's what we could afford, so to them, that is the real thing. Same with parmesan. We always have a chunk of real parmigiano reggiano cheese for the over 50 crowd and a green can of Kraft parmesan cheese for the under 30 crowd. There was some confusion once when DS19 asked for "the good cheese." As you can imagine, it was a shock to me that he meant the Kraft!

Coke - no Pepsi no Diet Coke no off brand cola - just regular coke
Divine Cream from L'Occitane - facial cream
Disney Resorts - we have tried to save money staying off site but I had to go back to staying on property
Lands' End bathing suits

I used to have a lot more but Aldi came along and their store brands are good and the prices are great. I even like their cereal!

The only thing that comes to my mind is the Dawn. We buy it in the gallon dispenser and fill smaller bottles. Also though, I would not have thought of it if someone else didn't mention it, but we would never stay at a resort other than Disney. We stay at All Stars and that is ok with us.

I have things that I just can't go without and refuse to substitute. I try and buy when on sale as much as possible!

Bounty Select-a-size paper towels
Gain or Tide for laundry detergent
blue Dawn dish soap
method or mrs. meyers hand soap & cleaning products
bounce dryer sheets
degree deodorant
whole dried cranberries...not the bits and shards that ocean spray makes
bob's red mill oatmeal
daisy 2% cottage cheese
Fage 0% plain greek yogurt
organic bananas - the regular ones have a funky taste and texture
100% real maple syrup
honey from local beekeepers
organic sugar
kosher salt
SweetLeaf Stevia
Numi tea
organic heinz ketchup
barilla pasta

Blue Box Mac and Cheese (Kraft)
Southwest or Jet Blue for airline
Asics Running Shoes
Hellmans Mayo

Vacations: Disney or Club Med

Which kind do you like?
I am not OP but I love Aveeno sunblock, especially for my face. My DH and one DS like Coppertone stick but it's too greasy for me. The other DS likes the same aveeno I use for his face. All three guys use Coppertone spray for the rest. So I guess those are more items I am loyal to. We had tried Target spray and the nozzle always clogged.

Jif pb
Scott tp
Tide
Doritos. It's rare that they are bought but if so they must be name brand! Generic ones don't come close imo!

We pretty much only buy real products, too. I will buy other brands of vanilla and maple syrup, but not imitation. But . . . sadly, in our house for maple syrup, we have to buy Mrs Butterworths as well. When my kids were little, that's what we could afford, so to them, that is the real thing. Same with parmesan. We always have a chunk of real parmigiano reggiano cheese for the over 50 crowd and a green can of Kraft parmesan cheese for the under 30 crowd. There was some confusion once when DS19 asked for "the good cheese." As you can imagine, it was a shock to me that he meant the Kraft!

100% with you on both of these--I had forgotten! There are very few things that we "have" to have, but 100% real maple syrup is one. It's tougher now, we live in the south, but we used to live in upstate NY, and literally, our electrician had a maple farm, 2 miles from our house. We do keep the cheap stuff in the house, for children who pour on the syrup--I find with the real deal, you don't need much to add a wonderful taste to your morning pancakes.

Ditto for the cheese--we have one of those graters that you turn to freshly grate your chunk of cheese. But, I'm not picky about the brand of cheese. I also find that, although "chunk" romano (my preferred hard cheese) is pricier than the green shaker stuff, you use much less, because it has actual flavor. So, I don't consider bargain shaker cheese to be such a bargain.

On another note, I have to agree with Tvguy on off-brand cereal. They can taste slightly different from name brand, but different can be good. My DD21 swears that Malt-O-Meal's Marshmallow Mateys tastes better than Lucky Charms. OTOH, as I mentioned up-thread, DH doesn't care for generic, plain Cheerios (but will eat flavored generic "O's"). Given how my family plows through cereal, if I can get away with generic, I'll do it.

Wisk has been discontinued.

I bought some a couple of weeks ago, on bogo at Publix. I don't use it on everything, just on my DH work shirts and white undershirts, its the only thing that get the deodorant out and the really gets out the smell. Anyone else not seeing it at your local stores?

I have 8 or 10 bottles in my stash, but since the first of the year I haven't seen it where I usually shop.

https://www.wisk.com/ The website states "Thank you for your interest in Wisk. We are replacing Wisk with our highest performing detergent available, Persil Pro Clean!"

I have 8 or 10 bottles in my stash, but since the first of the year I haven't seen it where I usually shop.

https://www.wisk.com/ The website states "Thank you for your interest in Wisk. We are replacing Wisk with our highest performing detergent available, Persil Pro Clean!"
I went to check.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :crazy2: :scared: :sad: I guess I will be out seeing if I can find any lingering around anywhere....

Anyone use Persil Pro Clean...? thoughts

I'm not brand loyal per se but do only buy natural and organic products or those with clean ingredients lists so aside from fresh produce, meat, and paper goods, all of my shopping is done online or occasionally at Costco depending on their offerings. I am very strict about ingredients as we live a paleo lifestyle.
My brand list includes Primal Kitchen, Great Lakes collagen, Bubbies pickles (or McClures for shelf stable), Thrive Market organic canned coconut milk (or Native Forest Simple organic), Acure shampoo, Primal Pit Paste, Primal Life Organics charcoal toothpowder, 7th Generation dish soap and dishwasher packs, Earth Friendly Products Ecos laundry detergent. I do buy Kirkland paper towels and Charmin toilet paper but would buy any other brand if they were sold out.

I'm not particularly brand loyal. I am a very frugal shopper and look for great deals/coupons, so we do usually end up using "brand name" stuff because it is cheaper than off brand with the deals.

Things that I am brand loyal about -
*Soft Drinks - Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper
*Egglands Best Eggs
*Tide Powder
*DH will only use Pantene Shampoo
*Land O Lakes Butter

I'm not particularly brand loyal. I am a very frugal shopper and look for great deals/coupons, so we do usually end up using "brand name" stuff because it is cheaper than off brand with the deals.

Things that I am brand loyal about -
*Soft Drinks - Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper
*Egglands Best Eggs
*Tide Powder
*DH will only use Pantene Shampoo
*Land O Lakes Butter

No offense, I get that brands are different, but eggs? And Eggland's best are sooooooo expensive.

Tide due to skin reactions. Never pay over $3 if even that much with coupons and ads at Kroger/CVS/Meijer etc.
Toyota-they go forever. I'd rather invest a bit extra into a car and not worry about it than the GM products we used to have where we had to budget hundreds in repairs per month.
American made dog treats and food
My wife uses redken shampoo and conditioner only
Dial soap due to skin issues
Ragu sauce-others are too strong or too watery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter