So what brands, products, or items do you buy regardless of cost?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
There are certain things that I will not skimp on, brands that I am willing to pay more for. I am a creature of habit and I want certain things as I know that they will deliver what I need them to do. I am very open to trying new things, but my tried and true products are the daily things that I count on. The reason that I am asking, is my friend made a comment about my nice body wash, & how she loves to stay at my house cause I have all the expensive stuff... it wasn't in nasty way or I did not take it that way, I just was like I want what I want... and we laughed. With the body wash, I use Dove for sensitive skin, I have to use this product the dermatologist recommended said its the best for my skin, so I use it and she was right, within a week I could tell a difference. I don't waste money as I shop where I know I can get the best price and stock up when items are on sale.

I know that their are others like me out there. Do tell... what's your must have's are?

Laundry products are non-negotiable, Tide, oxi-clean spray, and Wisk - between these 3 products I can tackle any laundry problem, stain out there. If these don't get it out nothing will.

Bath products - Dove body wash, Neutrogena face wash. Dove shampoo and conditioner.
Secret deodorant, been using all my life.

Bathroom tissue - Charmin - we even bring our own TP when we travel.. LOL

Kitchen - Pam cooking spray, Lawry's garlic salt, POP Tarts not the store brand, Eggland's eggs, Lipton tea bags, glad trash bags

Dawn - dish soap - I have been using this as long as I can remember, my mom used it and so did my grandmother so I use it, I have tried some others but they ended up going to the church pantry.

Coke - not Pepsi ever.... Canada dry ginger Ale -

Gatorade - I have had to drink other sports drinks yuck but I did not buy them...

6/12 I thought of a few more things.

Peter Pan peanut butter, creamy... there would be munity if I bought anything else.

Oscar Meyer all beef hot dogs, Johnsonville sweet sausage for the grill, land o lakes stick butter, Jones farms turkey sausage links, Hershey's syrup for chocolate milk or ice cream

Last edited:

I don't know that I have any items that I really HAVE to buy, regardless of cost. There are things that I prefer to buy - for example, I don't buy ketchup with corn syrup in it, so I'll buy whatever I can find that doesn't have it. I prefer Persil laundry detergent because I like the smell, but if the cost is really high I'll just get some other brand. And as a Southern woman I usually buy Luzianne tea and Duke's mayo, but again, if they're crazily expensive I'll just go without.

My face cream and shampoo. Switching either is just a bad idea. Smart wool socks.

Juice not from concentrate and good beer. I'll do without if I can't afford them. Dog food because he's got a sensitive stomach.

Pens. I'm weirdly particular. Laundry detergent- brand isn't really important but I don't like scents. Similar to someone above, I try to avoid corn syrup.

Cat food and litter. My one kitty has issues with bladder stones so both cats eat a specific prescription food to keep the one healthy and I only use Tidy Cat Instant Action because I don't want to switch that on them.

Other then that I can't really think of anything else. I use a lot of generics.

Always Intel CPU chips and Gigabyte motherboards when I rebuild computers. None of that ADM garbage.

Cat food and litter. My one kitty has issues with bladder stones so both cats eat a specific prescription food to keep the one healthy and I only use Tidy Cat Instant Action because I don't want to switch that on them.

Other then that I can't really think of anything else. I use a lot of generics.
Oh yeah. Me too on the cat food. Proplan. And I use tidy cat scoop litter. I've tried others and dont like them. With my 2 cats I had before I still used the litter you dump. Fresh step. One started peeing around the house when I tried to switch.

And as a Southern woman I usually buy Luzianne tea and Duke's mayo, but again, if they're crazily expensive I'll just go without.

Q-tips, never generic cotton swabs

I came here to say all of these! And I also never switch my animals' food based on sales- they always eat the same brand.

I usually stick to Gain or Tide laundry detergent, but that's more because I can combine coupons with a Kroger sale and get it for less than $3 rather than brand loyalty.

Q-tips also for me!
And Heinz ketchup only, nothing else tastes right. And they do have a non-corn syrup version, Simply Heinz, that is what I buy.

Well, not regardless of cost, b/c I buy them only on sale...but
Cold Water HE Tide - nothing else ever
My eye glass lenses - it's a special brand that I don't actually know, but they make my lenses 90% lighter than what I used to wear (since I'm very nearsighted) - since I can't do Lasik, this is my Lasik alternative - best money I ever spend
Pantene - I will use a few different types, but I only use this brand
Hellman's Mayo - grew up on it and can tell the difference in mayos (whereas, I'm not as picky on ketchup/mustard)
Name Brand Cereals - I don't buy generic - too many bad memories of bad generics from childhood
Fresh Step Cat Litter - others stink to me

Oohhh, forgot Decaf Diet Coke and Caribou K Cups:)...

And that's pretty much it...all other items, I'm fine switching between brands:)...

Last edited:
Coach purses. I'm thinking of getting a D & B at Aulani later this month, but that would be a HUGE switch for me!!! We'll see what I decide at the time.

Kerrygold Butter
Eggland's Best Eggs
Simply Heinz Ketchup
Welch's Grape Jam
NAME BRAND CEREALS (hate the generic ones with a passion)
Neutrogena Rainbath Shower Gel
Dove deodorant
Cascade Platinum Dishwasher tabs
Tide Laundry Detergent
Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix
Snyder's of Hanover Pretzels
Sargento cheese

Tide
Downey
Palmolive - The Green One (reminds me of my grandma)
Hellman's Mayo

Most householdish things like I think I buy more out of habit than brand loyalty. My 13 year old and I don't eat ketchup, and my 11 year old and DH have no preference, so I buy whatever I grab off the shelf for them. I think it usually ends up being Heinz?? I do always buy Gain detergent, but use Tide pods for traveling instead of the Gain Flings. No real reason why, it's just what I always do. I buy a lot of the Walmart Great Value items for basics like trash bags, ziploc bags, foil, etc...
I use Mrs. Myers basil dish and hand soap in the kitchen, but keep a little bottle of blue Dawn too, just in case. Bath and Body Works hand soaps in all the bathrooms.

The main things I buy where cost doesn't matter to me are cosmetic items. Diorshow mascara gets purchased no matter what, I just close my eyes when I swipe my card, LOL!!

Hellman's...and that is about it. I have discovered that knock-offs, or generics, do just as well. I am not brand-loyal, just cost-conscious.

I can't think of a single thing, other than mayo, where I buy for brand vs. cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter