So, we had a FP for Slinky Dog Dash last weekend...

NMAmy

Can speak food in German
and when we reached the merge point, we were waved in front of a woman and her daughter. The woman came up to me in line and our conversation was as follows:

Woman: Can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure.
Woman: Did you have a Fast Pass for this ride?
Me: Yes.
Woman: So you didn't have to wait at all?
Me: Nope, no wait at all until this point.

Woman: Well, I just want to make sure you understand the value of your Fast Pass. My daughter and I have been waiting since 9:00 (it was 10:10 at this time) and you were able to get right in with out waiting. (Her tone was a tad snarky--I get it, it was hot and a long line.)

Me: Yes, but of course, 70 days ago, I was up early and online to book a fast pass for the very last morning of our 10 day trip because that was the only day any fast passes were available. They are very hard to come by and you have to book them early. This is the only one we were able to get and we waited until today to ride it with little wait.

The ride was cute but definitely not something I'd wait in a long line for going forward.

Oh for crying out loud. 1 hour and 10 minutes, for a top tier "E ticket" type ride, isn't even that long!! I remember posted waits for Space Mountain of 90 minutes ALL THE TIME back in the day. Yeesh what a spoiled brat.

and when we reached the merge point, we were waved in front of a woman and her daughter. The woman came up to me in line and our conversation was as follows:

Woman: Can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure.
Woman: Did you have a Fast Pass for this ride?
Me: Yes.
Woman: So you didn't have to wait at all?
Me: Nope, no wait at all until this point.

Woman: Well, I just want to make sure you understand the value of your Fast Pass. My daughter and I have been waiting since 9:00 (it was 10:10 at this time) and you were able to get right in with out waiting. (Her tone was a tad snarky--I get it, it was hot and a long line.)

Me: Yes, but of course, 70 days ago, I was up early and online to book a fast pass for the very last morning of our 10 day trip because that was the only day any fast passes were available. They are very hard to come by and you have to book them early. This is the only one we were able to get and we waited until today to ride it with little wait.

The ride was cute but definitely not something I'd wait in a long line for going forward.

I mean she is right, it is a great thing to have.

60 mins for a top tier ride in the park without fast pass doesn't seem that bad

Oh for crying out loud. 1 hour and 10 minutes, for a top tier "E ticket" type ride, isn't even that long!! I remember posted waits for Space Mountain of 90 minutes ALL THE TIME back in the day. Yeesh what a spoiled brat.

I wouldnt say spoiled brat. I think we tend to forget that a majority of people who go to disney don't understand or know the ins and outs of the fast pass system like we do

I wouldnt say spoiled brat. I think we tend to forget that a majority of people who go to disney don't understand or know the ins and outs of the fast pass system like we do

Very true. My friend's son and his family went during the summer and he thought guests had to purchase fast passes.

My comment has nothing to do with Fast Pass. It has to do being aware that sometimes you have to wait in a long line, just like in olden days.

There are all types of people who go to Disney. Many are great to talk with and very polite. Some aren't. You met one.
FPs are great when you have them and an annoynace when you don't, but thats the system.
The lack of planning on the part of other people is not my fault or problem.

Heard similar complaints (only nastier) at Universal with the express passes for staying onsite.

Very true. My friend's son and his family went during the summer and he thought guests had to purchase fast passes.
Yup. Whenever I try to explain this “included with your ticket” thing to people, they end up just nodding and smiling- and I know they still don’t believe me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!