So we are home now

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
Isn't it always such a sad feeling when you've gotta go home? My son started to feel it the day before we left! I kept telling him to just enjoy the day! But I knew how he felt!

We had a great trip. Monday and Wednesday being our best days. All the days seemed to have a ton of foot traffic, lots of crowds to walk around with. But the ride lines were not that bad at all. Tuesday was a bit more crowded for some reason. Unfortunately part of it was because at one point we had Pirates, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain all closed at once. Which made the lines and crowds in the walk ways just crazy. Splash Mountain and Space Mountain both went down again on Wednesday for a while, don't know what the problem was. But both my DH and DS got to ride it multiple times during the trip.

The weather was HOT!! Just too hot for me honestly, I doubt I'll plan a trip for July ever again. In fact I felt down right sick on Tuesday, between the crowd of people and the heat I just felt awful. And spent a little more time then usual in the hotel! I'm thinking late Spring and early fall are good times for us, like we usually do.

Pirates was awesome. The longest we ever waited was about 30 minutes. Never take the left side of the line, it seems a lot longer because it wraps around the side of the building. The right side of the line always moved faster and seemed shorter. Haunted Mansion was cool, I liked the new Bride scene.

Had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen on Wednesday. It was good as always. We had Goofy visit us twice. Chip and Dale came by. Balou the bear, Mary Poppins (although my son didn't know her! LOL), Minnie, Donald and Max. Got lots of great pictures! We also had a great meet and greet with Mickey and Goofy at the Visa Meet and Greet. More great pics!

Had my Dole Whip Float. Very yummy! Only the dole whip did not like my lip! I must have had a reaction of some sort, my lip swelled up after drinking the juice! Kinda scary! LOL But it went down by the next day.

EE made the trip, we rode more in that hour, then what we would ride in several hours later in the day. Oh but getting up that early was a killer on us. It seemed like on those days we'd only get but 5-6 hours of a sleep a night because we'd also be in the park late! We had to take advantage of a good nap in the afternoon, usually when it was the hottest. Each night we made show. First night we got a good spot for the fireworks, pretty close to the time it started too. Second night we hit the Electric Parade, and the third night Fantasmic second show. So I was glad we got all 3 in.

DLH was great, really enjoyed the pool, grabbing food at Croc's, the boats. The upgraded pool view for free is still top of my list of this trip! I spent a lot of time just hanging out the window! :) The monorail was only running one train, and made the waits pretty bad. And the walk started to wear on us by the end of the trip, my feet was toast! LOL Usually that isn't an issue when the monorail is running full speed.

But all in all we got to do everything we wanted to, with lots and lots of favorite repeats during the trip. Made a lot of good memories, and spent way too much money on cool stuff! LOL All the new Pirate souvenirs are really cool, we couldn't resist! :)

Well gotta start planning our next trip, thinking October of 2007! :)

I'm glad to hear you had a fun trip, but sorry that you were so miserably hot. I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm just so sad I can't make it to Disneyland this year. :sad2:

Oh my goodness! yes it was hot. On the news they had said that it had not been this hot in 11 years. We felt like we were still in Phoenix. Wednesday was crazy with the 3 major rides closed. We left and went back in the evening. We checked out this morning and we were also pretty bummed. Yesterday was not too crowded. We took advantage of collecting as many fast passes as we could and riding all the big stuff at night. Thanks to the tips of all the DISers on here.
Jendisneylover: i wish I knew what you looked like so I could have at least said HI!!

spazzyjazzy said:
Oh my goodness! yes it was hot. On the news they had said that it had not been this hot in 11 years. We felt like we were still in Phoenix. Wednesday was crazy with the 3 major rides closed. We left and went back in the evening. We checked out this morning and we were also pretty bummed. Yesterday was not too crowded. We took advantage of collecting as many fast passes as we could and riding all the big stuff at night. Thanks to the tips of all the DISers on here.
Jendisneylover: i wish I knew what you looked like so I could have at least said HI!!

Oh wow I didn't know they were saying that about the heat! It was just too much! LOL Where we live it's hot, but it's a dry heat. So that kind of heat were just not used to! Glad to hear the crowds weren't as bad yesterday. I really think I would have handled the crowds better if it wasn't so hot. And then with them closing the 3 rides, yikes. Yeah we spent some time in the hotel too that day.

I wish we could have met up and said hi! That would have been really neat. Maybe next time for sure! ;)

Welcome Home Jennifer :cool1:

So - the question is...............

Did you ride Soarin'?

Well, did ya? Hope so.

:thumbsup2

DVC Daisy said:
Welcome Home Jennifer :cool1:

So - the question is...............

Did you ride Soarin'?

Well, did ya? Hope so.

:thumbsup2

Oh Deb, I totally chickened out! :sad2: In my defense though, DH and DS decided to go on it on Tuesday when I was feeling like crap from the heat. At that point I really didn't think it was a good idea. And had hoped they would go on it again later when I felt better but they didn't! AHHHH!! Okay, next year for sure! :rotfl2: They need a big chicken icon on here!

Man - I would be using the Chicken icon all of the time! :rotfl2:

Don't feel bad, it took me like 3-4 trips before I went on it! :thumbsup2 But, looking back, it was really not that big of a deal.

Now, since you did not go on it - you know what that means? You have to start planning your next trip RIGHT AWAY :cool1: :cheer2:

I am so ahead of you! LOL Next October, looking at staying at the Grand Californian. ;) It may take me a whole year to work up the nerve, I just didn't have enough time to sike myself up I think! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter