SO Thread: Disney Rides/Attractions Where Once Was Enough!

Mickey's Wheel of Death. We were stuck on it with a pair of youngsters once and keeping the girl from panicking for 20 minutes was a trauma I'll not risk again. I have commemorated the experience in my avatar, though!

At WDW it would be Stitch's Great Escape and the Great Movie Ride. Are either of those even still around?

I think the only thing we really felt that way about was WDW's Fantasmic. I'm prepared to give it another try at Disneyland, but it took a lot of convincing to get dh on board with that.
Disneyland's version is far superior to WDW's or at least it was when I saw WDW's in 2002. Last time I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland was 2014(?)

WDW:
Mad Tea Party
Astro Orbiter
Tom Sawyer Island
Mission Space Orange Level
Kali River Rapids
Rafiki’s Planet Watch
Finding Nemo:the Musical
TriceraTop Spin

I’m not a fan of the above...
All of the above EXCEPT TOM SAWYER ISLAND!!! That place is a jewel; a lovely, calming sanctuary to escape to when the magic kingdom is hot and crowded.

As for rides, I hate anything that goes in circles because I get motion sick and dizzy. That's why I love Disney rides (for the most part) because they meander around and tell a story instead of spinning. I also didn't care for flying carpets, Voyage of the little Mermaid, and test track, they were one and done for me.

I think the only thing we really felt that way about was WDW's Fantasmic. I'm prepared to give it another try at Disneyland, but it took a lot of convincing to get dh on board with that.
Seeing F! in the park where it originated, in the location where it was originally designed to be seen, is a whole different experience! Nothing in WDW's F! can compare to the Columbia sailing right past you (with pirates swinging right over your head! -- if you sit right up at the water's edge) and the finale with the Mark Twain (so nostalgic!). Use your BB package wisely -- make sure to get great spots with a great view! Makes all the difference in your experience of the show.

My contributions to this list:
DL: It's Tough to Be a Bug -- designed by Imagineers who hate children! Not sorry at all to see this one go.
DCA: Goofy's Sky School -- so why did youngest have to fall in love with this ride?

I love rollercoasters, but really disliked Space Mountain. I was in pain when it finished, because it tossed me around like a rag doll. My midsection ached. And it wasn’t even mildly thrilling.

The worst time I’ve ever had at WDW was in The Tiki Room. I’ll never get that time back,

I agree! I drug my daughter to it when she was about 13 and she still claims she's traumatized.

MK- Stitch, Astro Orbiter (done only a few times and that was enough), Aladdin Flying Carpets (if I never went on it that would be ok...sadly I have many times because the line is short),
EP- Mission Space, films in World Showcase,
AK- Avatar, Tarzan show, Nemo show, Navi River Journey (been dragged on it many times....boring!!!)
HS- Voyage of the Little Mermaid (seen it many times but only because there was nothing else to see/do),
DCA- Luigi's Flying Tires, Orange Stinger,

Any and all meet and greets in all parks
MK- Stitch, Muppets, Country Bears, and probably a ton of other stuff that I can't think of right now
Epcot - Everything except Test Track and Spaceship Earth
HS- Tower of Terror. I will go through the queue a millon times but I will never ride it again!
AK- I'd do everything again, but there are things I'll never do at all like EE

Truth is it is probably easier for me to list the things that aren't one and done's instead

Well, I can say, I don't like them, but I have ridden some more than once hoping I was mistaken, usually I am not

Stitch, Laugh Floor, MK Space, Star Tours, Slinky, tea cups, Mission Space, Primeval Whirl......there are probably more

DLR....Star Tours, Smuggler's Run, tea cups, Golden Zephyr, swings, Jumpin Jellyfish, luigi's rollickin roadsters

The worst time I’ve ever had at WDW was in The Tiki Room. I’ll never get that time back,

Agree! I saw it in 2006 and didn't like it at all, because it still had the 'Under New Management' show with Gilbert Gottfried who I can't stand at the best of times. I took my niece to WDW in 2008, and she asked me how it was and I said, "it's lame." She thought I said, "it's great!" so she asked to go in. And I had to sit through it AGAIN.

So now that it's back to the old show I have been wanting to give it another shot, but my sister steadfastly refuses to do it and I really can't say I blame her.

I like the sights from the Astro Orbiter but now with age and my new hip, I can no longer board and disembark( the latter especially) the vehicle in a dignified fashion. 😳😳

Astro Orbiter. I don't mind rides that go up high, but I don't like it when they do it slowly enough for me to imagine my inevitable death by falling.

Peter Pan. We always wondered why the line was always so long. We got free fast passes once because my wife and friend were nurses that came to the aid of someone having an episode. So we used it on PP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter