So, locals...is there any point in even trying to predict the weather at WDW 1st week of March?

StormyCA

Chief Troublemaker
We'll be at the Fort then and I'm trying to pare down clothes packing as best I can. I've been looking at various 'historical' weather data and it seems we can expect daytime high temps anywhere from low 60s to upper 90s. And anything from 'rain every day' to 'scattered showers off and on'.

Is the weather really so unpredictable that time of year? And, being from California, how bad is the humidity then?

PS And please don't get me started on trying to figure our route from Calif to the Fort! We know I80 is out of the question due to 'unsettled conditions', but data for I40 is all over the place, so I expect it'll be I10 (not our fav drive) just to be safe.

We go in March all the time, and it is usually very nice. Hot enough for flip flops and a dress during the day with maybe a sweatshirt or jacket in the evenings. We have never had a lot of rain this time of year either. About the humidity, my hair is always a frizz in March so plan accordingly. No way near as bad as summer but in my travels to WDW it is always there. I would check the weather a week before you leave, anything can change. It is a great time of year to go.

Thanks @GrumpySue ! Hopefully that means I can leave the heavy parkas, thermal underwear, and wool socks at home lol.

Yeah, I think the frizz is probably a year round issue. And there's nothing I've found that calms the frizz without leaving you with either 1980s 'wet look' Jheri-curls or hair that doesn't move when you shake your head. Sigh.

It's still appropriate to pack clothes to layer with but it should be nice during the day. Evenings can be a toss up. That said, it's been cold this year. I've had the heat going off and on since mid December. Normally we have "winter" starting mid January for two weeks then it's done.

It's still appropriate to pack clothes to layer with but it should be nice during the day. Evenings can be a toss up. That said, it's been cold this year. I've had the heat going off and on since mid December. Normally we have "winter" starting mid January for two weeks then it's done.

Thanks! I'll pack a jacket then & plan on layering. Lockers come in handy for that! How is the rain that time of year?

Thanks @GrumpySue ! Hopefully that means I can leave the heavy parkas, thermal underwear, and wool socks at home lol.

Yeah, I think the frizz is probably a year round issue. And there's nothing I've found that calms the frizz without leaving you with either 1980s 'wet look' Jheri-curls or hair that doesn't move when you shake your head. Sigh.
We have been to WDW every March for the last decade.

Every year, we watch the weather closely.

Anywhere from daytime highs from the 60s to the 80s is possible. Sometimes the weather is perfect, other times too cold.

Have shorts, pants, short sleeves, long sleeves, and a hoodie ready. You won’t really know what you’re going to get until the day before you leave for your trip.

This year, we are switching to mid April because of the unpredictable weather. (We like wearing shorts.)

Normally not bad, but weather has been a little weird with it being an El Nino year.

I second this. I live in NC and have noticed on EL Nino years that our weather is usually unpredictably wilder, wetter and colder than usual and has reached to the deep south states as well, including FL. So, IMO, I would not count on March being a "normal" average year. Could be - or not - best of luck for perfect weather!! 🤞

1. We live in Florida.
2. We live 20-minutes from WDW (depending upon traffic lights)
3. We LOVE the weather in March.
. . . sometimes rainy
. . . never snowy
. . . seldom cold
4. Some say we are in The Disney Bubble.
. . . usually good weather
. . . usually far from hurricanes or major storms
. . . mostly nice people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter