So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

Other servers have their own sections to worry about so I wouldn’t ask them anything. That in itself would be rude on my part because I realize that. Servers go by certain tables and asking other ones not assigned to your section to get you something takes them off their game and in essence affects other people. I’d find my own and make the request.
So I would be enjoying my frosty beverage while your still waiting on yours. And it takes them about 2 seconds to say table number whatever needs drinks when they walk in the kitchen. What would be rude is if I walked in the kitchen and fixed my own drink.

It’s funny, was reading thru my local newspaper online and they have an article about the new menu at BoG...kinda weird, not sure why they’d care about it

Other servers have their own sections to worry about so I wouldn’t ask them anything. That in itself would be rude on my part because I realize that. Servers go by certain tables and asking other ones not assigned to your section to get you something takes them off their game and in essence affects other people. I’d find my own and make the request.

If I'm paying the CRT prices and I can't get my eyes on my server for a long amount of time 5-10 min why wouldn't I ask another server? This is our meal and money yes it might suck for the waiter who now has me to worry about but it might get our waiter back on track. If anything you can ask." Would you be able to get our waiter?" I'm all for customer service appreciation and we tip well every where we go but waiting for food/drink/check for way to long without a simple "it will be out in a moment" from the waiter is unacceptable.

No but they might allow you to substitute a salad instead of dessert. Or a nice refreshing fresh fruit dessert. My understanding is that Disney in general is very accommodating for those with allergies and eating disorders.

I wish they'd add a good salad for an appetizer. It's hard to find a good salad at MK, and some days, I'm hungry for a salad that is other than iceberg.

As for desserts, BOG already had one of my mom's favorite sugar free desserts, the lemon-rasberry cream puff (gluten free too). For the dessert parties, Disney will also get a diabetic person a sugar free rasberry sorbet that is pretty darn good. They could add that with the cream puff and maybe a lemon flavored sugar free/gluten free cookie, and voila, dessert platter for those with dietary restrictions.

Quick question.

If fireworks start 9pm in the summer, what time does the dessert party start? I booked 5:30 be our guest but think maybe I should move to 5.

Thanks

Quick question.

If fireworks start 9pm in the summer, what time does the dessert party start? I booked 5:30 be our guest but think maybe I should move to 5.

Thanks

It's usually an hour and a half, so probably 7:30. You can also show up anytime before about 8:45 pm and get desserts. If you are doing the seated version, when you show up can effect where your seat is. But for the garden viewing, it really doesn't matter if you show up late (unless they've changed something recently).

It's usually an hour and a half, so probably 7:30. You can also show up anytime before about 8:45 pm and get desserts. If you are doing the seated version, when you show up can effect where your seat is. But for the garden viewing, it really doesn't matter if you show up late (unless they've changed something recently).

Yeah I think 5 is the way to go. Hang out there eat dinner, drinks. Out at 7. Hit a ride with FP, let the stomach digest, get some deserts at 8, outside on the plaza 8:30. Boom.

Thanks

Yeah I think 5 is the way to go. Hang out there eat dinner, drinks. Out at 7. Hit a ride with FP, let the stomach digest, get some deserts at 8, outside on the plaza 8:30. Boom.

Thanks

We actually did this for the seated version. We asked for our desserts to go at BOG (we ended up eating the desserts next morning)...rode Buzz, and then went to the dessert party. We were out of the restaurant at about 6:00 with an ADR at 5 pm. We showed up a little early to check in. Worked out really well and made for a really nice evening at MK.

I wish they'd add a good salad for an appetizer. It's hard to find a good salad at MK, and some days, I'm hungry for a salad that is other than iceberg.

As for desserts, BOG already had one of my mom's favorite sugar free desserts, the lemon-rasberry cream puff (gluten free too). For the dessert parties, Disney will also get a diabetic person a sugar free rasberry sorbet that is pretty darn good. They could add that with the cream puff and maybe a lemon flavored sugar free/gluten free cookie, and voila, dessert platter for those with dietary restrictions.
“Sugar-free” foods are often full of carbs (frequently, more than non-sugar-free counterparts depending on the sugar alcohol used), and are not good for diabetic diets (even though many diabetics eat them thinking they’re doing themselves a favor).

If they allow substitutions in lieu of dessert, then great. (Quick search showed a thread from 2016 with many varying reports of success getting substitutions.) I know a lot of people who feel weird about asking for substitutions of any kind (meal component or ingredient) and will suffer through (wasting part of a meal), or avoid going to restaurants they might otherwise want to go to. I’ve seen reports that people have easily gotten substitutions for dessert, but we haven’t (my mom never pushes things with servers and is always very polite - maybe she’d have more success if she asked more assertively or spoke to a manager?) Disney needs to have a blanket policy rather than leaving it up to the server, and make that policy known so guests are aware.

“Sugar-free” foods are often full of carbs (frequently, more than non-sugar-free counterparts depending on the sugar alcohol used), and are not good for diabetic diets (even though many diabetics eat them thinking they’re doing themselves a favor).

If they allow substitutions in lieu of dessert, then great. (Quick search showed a thread from 2016 with many varying reports of success getting substitutions.) I know a lot of people who feel weird about asking for substitutions of any kind (meal component or ingredient) and will suffer through (wasting part of a meal), or avoid going to restaurants they might otherwise want to go to. I’ve seen reports that people have easily gotten substitutions for dessert, but we haven’t (my mom never pushes things with servers and is always very polite - maybe she’d have more success if she asked more assertively or spoke to a manager?) Disney needs to have a blanket policy rather than leaving it up to the server, and make that policy known so guests are aware.

There is actually an email to contact for dietary issues at WDW. We did this for the dessert party. From what I've seen, Disney will try to accommodate dietary restriction. For those with gluten allergies, I've seen the chef walk through Tusker House buffet pointing out things people could eat for a family. I've seen a chef come out for another family at Hoop Dee Do and discuss dietary restriction. There are options, but sometimes you do have to push. For ADRs, I believe there's also a way to tag the dietary restriction, and then remind the host upon check in.

There is actually an email to contact for dietary issues at WDW. We did this for the dessert party. From what I've seen, Disney will try to accommodate dietary restriction. For those with gluten allergies, I've seen the chef walk through Tusker House buffet pointing out things people could eat for a family. I've seen a chef come out for another family at Hoop Dee Do and discuss dietary restriction. There are options, but sometimes you do have to push. For ADRs, I believe there's also a way to tag the dietary restriction, and then remind the host upon check in.

I have celiac and Disney is usually fantastic with accommodating me and having great options. However, I have found limited dessert selections at TS. I'm usually only offered Sorbet. Not typically a problem because we don't eat dessert. I do hope they allow substitutions for dessert OR come up with some great options that accommodate people with allergies.

I’m aware about Disney’s reputation re: dietary restrictions and allergies. I also know MANY people, including my own mom, who would NEVER dream of asking a chef to come out and speak to them. And I know that “sugar free” options are often just as bad, or worse than, their regular counterparts for diabetics (and if a chef just pushes a sugar free option, it does no good speaking to them). There has been plenty of discussion in prior threads about people’s varying degrees of success in substituting dessert for other options, which shows there isn’t a clear policy and is instead left up to the restaurant/CMs - I don’t mean to evolve this thread into another.

My original point was to highlight what I dislike about the new BOG dinner menu and why (as a response to another poster asking what is wrong w the new menu). A prix-fixe menu has a degree of relative inflexibility that an a la carte menu doesn’t (eg, requiring that someone ask to substitute a course if they can’t have dessert, not allowing someone to order more than one appetizer, etc). I understand that they are probably trying to stop guests from ordering one cupcake for their party (and really the prix-fixe OOP price isn’t terrible for Disney) but personally, I wish they had both a prix-fixe AND a la carte menu (like Chefs de France). Or at least an option to add a la carte items to the prix-fixe.

I wish they’d have put Beast somewhere where anyone could line up to meet him, and then given those who dine at BOG an additional FP+ for the M&G. (Not sure where they would’ve done this.) That way people wouldn’t have been incentivized to order one cupcake for a party of 8 just to meet him.

Interesting 2 Credit dilema, helping a coworker plan a first visit in April (so missed the BoG change) 2 adults a a 3yo.

Entire trip was a gift from Grandma, Lucky Ducks.

Arriving late evening and departing in the AM leaves them with 5 TS and only 4 nights to use them.

Wonder how often this happens.

So they could do 2 TS on one day (might even) but kinda want one upscale. Castle is high interest but never get in.

Thinking C Grill, Yachtsman, Boat House, BoG would have been high on that list for 2 Credits. Struggling. :badpc:

I'm with you on tempering expectations for food quality, but BatB isn't just a kid's movie, and MK isn't just a kid's park - one of the reasons the remake was so popular is because older, nostalgic millennials who saw it in '91 came in droves to see the update. It's the same here- sure, tons of kids love BatB (and they should get to enjoy the castle experience, as well), but so do the twenty&thirty-something set who will pay for an upscale experience with wine & the whole nine yards.
I am one of those 90s kids that loves BatB, but was so disappointed with my dinner at Be our Guest. The atmosphere makes my heart so happy, but the food was mediocre. I’m excited for a change.

Interesting 2 Credit dilema, helping a coworker plan a first visit in April (so missed the BoG change) 2 adults a a 3yo.

Entire trip was a gift from Grandma, Lucky Ducks.

Arriving late evening and departing in the AM leaves them with 5 TS and only 4 nights to use them.

Wonder how often this happens.

So they could do 2 TS on one day (might even) but kinda want one upscale. Castle is high interest but never get in.

Thinking C Grill, Yachtsman, Boat House, BoG would have been high on that list for 2 Credits. Struggling. :badpc:

Breakfast on check out day? Not a "great use" of the credit but it's not like they paid for it themselves either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter