So if I buy an Annual Pass at the Disney Store

abeyst

DIS Veteran
Hopefully before prices go up tomorrow....

When I get to Disney to pick up my actual pass and I want them to credit me the DVC discount, will they give me the $100 credit on the price I paid for the ticket at the Disney Store, or will they give me the discount on the new and higher gate price?

I am not 100% sure but I do not think they sell AP passes at the Disney Store. I would call Member Services and buy it through them. You will get a voucher that can be exchanged at the gate when you arrive at WDW.

I bought mine online. I went through DVCmember.com and linked to the disneyworld website. I got my vouchers and had no problem exchanging them.

They used to sell the AP vouchers, but stopped after Disney sold The Disney Stores.

Hopefully before prices go up tomorrow....

When I get to Disney to pick up my actual pass and I want them to credit me the DVC discount, will they give me the $100 credit on the price I paid for the ticket at the Disney Store, or will they give me the discount on the new and higher gate price?
Prices have already gone up - they went up on Sunday, August 5.

AFAIK, the Disney Stores no longer sell annaul passes of any kind.

When you order a voucher for a DVC discounted pass (either online or via MS) you pay the DVC price. If you buy the actual pass on site, you pay the DVC price. Currently, the adult DVC AP is $370.62, including tax.

If the Disney Stores do still sell annual passes, you must buy the DVC - discounted pass/voucher to begin with. You cannot get a refund / credit when you exchange a voucher for the actual pass.

I just purchased an 8 day PH ticket through Undercover Tourist. I am thinking about upgrading it to an AP with my DVC discount if good hotel discounts are released (girls only trip - saving DVC points for family trips). If I decide to do this, and since I need my AP in hand to check-in at the resort, can I go to Downtown Disney before checking in and have my 8 day ticket (with DVC card in hand) upgraded to the AP? :thumbsup2

Also, doesn't it appear that the DVC discount for APs is $107 now? :confused3

Thanks.

Based on posts over on the Theme parks board it appears that at least some Disney Stores now sell AP vouchers.

However, you will NOT get a refund on the $100 when you arrive at Disney. Tickets are not refundable. You could use the value of the voucher towards something that costs more (A preimum AP), and get the discount on that.

IMHO DTD is the best place to do things like "exchange" tickets for AP etc. The staff there seems much more expereinced then at the parks.

I just purchased an 8 day PH ticket through Undercover Tourist. I am thinking about upgrading it to an AP with my DVC discount if good hotel discounts are released (girls only trip - saving DVC points for family trips). If I decide to do this, and since I need my AP in hand to check-in at the resort, can I go to Downtown Disney before checking in and have my 8 day ticket (with DVC card in hand) upgraded to the AP? :thumbsup2
Yes, you can do the upgrade in Downtown Disney at one of the Guest Relations locations. I agree with CarolA - the CMs there are both professional and friendly.

Also, doesn't it appear that the DVC discount for APs is $107 now? :confused3

Thanks.
The discount is usually quoted without mention of the 6.5% FL tax. So the discount is actually $100 plus tax or $106.50.

Thanks for the tip CarolA! I gave our local Disney Store a call and they do sell the 3 to 7 day passes as well as vouchers for annual passes. Must have been brought back by popular demand, lol!

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else. But can someone explain to me about converting a PH to an annual pass. And does this work as an advantage if you get a PH at a reduced price somewhere else?

Thanks

Hi Luv and Welcome to the DIS!

If you go to Guest Services at the parks or at Downtown Disney, they will take your park hopper tickets (provided it has the no expiration option) and compute the value of what is left from the original purchase price. That amount will be credited to the purchase of an Annual Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter