So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?

Well I booked mine for August but nothing shows about prefix menu.. I guess they haven't updated it yet

Are we sure that prefix isn't just an option, and they will let you order anything also?

So if BOG dinner is no longer your cup of tea ................... RUMOR MILL says you may have a new option .......... right down to a name ........

"There have been a lot of changes to the in-park restaurants lately, including Be Our Guest changing to a Prix Fixe Signature Meal for Dinner starting in July. Now a new rumor is going around that a Dinner Buffet is coming to Pinocchio Village Haus in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. According to rumors the Pinocchio Village Haus will remain a quick service restaurant at lunchtime (like Be Our Guest), but for Dinner it will transform into a table service dining experience.

Cast members are saying the name of this dinner will be “Gepetto’s Village Haus Buffet”, and the pricing actually seems quite reasonable: $22 per adult and $12 per child. In fact it seems really low considering it’s a buffet and most quick service entrees around the Magic Kingdom run from $11-$15 already."

Source:
https://tinyurl.com/y77ms5pp

Well I booked mine for August but nothing shows about prefix menu.. I guess they haven't updated it yet

Are we sure that prefix isn't just an option, and they will let you order anything also?

PER DISNEY PARKS BLOG:

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm
  • Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

PER DISNEY PARKS BLOG:

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm
  • Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Do we know the price of the menu?

EDIT: nevermind, saw 55 in another thread per person. Great value if true.

Do we know the price of the menu?

EDIT: nevermind, saw 55 in another thread per person. Great value if true.

I've actually come around on this a bit. $55 (IF THE FOOD IS IMPROVED) is a decent deal if you can get an app/signature-like quality entree/ and a better dessert than a dry cupcake.

I still think they'll
1) cram tables in the restuarant
2) turnover tables very quickly

If that holds true, then $55 isn't such the bargain but I am curious how reviews will turn out. I am not surprised they are trying to screw over those on the dining plan though :sad2:

I still believe that the $55 price will be $60-$65 in under 12 months. The rumored TS @HopperFan mentioned for $22, if true, also won't last. These prices just don't match the rest of the WDW resort. Maybe WDW Management is figuring out that prices have increased a bit too much lately? If the survey I took late last year about AP TS discounts is true, maybe things are changing property wide, but first at MK? I'd love to see real lunch menus back at the TS restaurants, that would add some value to me anyways.

Last edited:
For us, it's a step in the right direction.

We were totally underwhelmed with what was BOG dinner. It was a "been there, we don't have to go back" situation. By contrast, Skipper's Canteen is a "must do" for us.

But we like new BOG menu items they published (even DS likes octopus and escargot), so if reviews are good, we'll try again. For reference, we don't do DDP.

Last edited:

The dinner menu at BOG has never appealed to me or my family, so it doesn't bother me at all. I admit, I will be disappointed if they change lunch though. I love their sandwiches, braised pork, and cupcakes.

So if BOG dinner is no longer your cup of tea ................... RUMOR MILL says you may have a new option .......... right down to a name ........

"There have been a lot of changes to the in-park restaurants lately, including Be Our Guest changing to a Prix Fixe Signature Meal for Dinner starting in July. Now a new rumor is going around that a Dinner Buffet is coming to Pinocchio Village Haus in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. According to rumors the Pinocchio Village Haus will remain a quick service restaurant at lunchtime (like Be Our Guest), but for Dinner it will transform into a table service dining experience.

Cast members are saying the name of this dinner will be “Gepetto’s Village Haus Buffet”, and the pricing actually seems quite reasonable: $22 per adult and $12 per child. In fact it seems really low considering it’s a buffet and most quick service entrees around the Magic Kingdom run from $11-$15 already."

Source:
https://tinyurl.com/y77ms5pp

Would love this !! Thanks Hopper !!

Tell them no. Tell them you think it's the perfect place for them (i.e. romantic if that's appropriate) and you think they should spend the time alone together. Or whatever's appropriate.
This cracked me up!! I'd LOVE to do that, but for the sake of family relations I'll suck it up. It's my son's in laws who want to go and meet Beast. Sigh....although I think its crappy to charge you $55 if you only want the $35 food. Boo.

Tell them no. Tell them you think it's the perfect place for them (i.e. romantic if that's appropriate) and you think they should spend the time alone together. Or whatever's appropriate.
This cracked me up!! I'd LOVE to do that, but for the sake of family relations I'll suck it up. It's my son's in laws who want to go and meet Beast. Sigh....although I think its crappy to charge you $55 if you only want the $35 food. Boo.

I'm hopeful that more information will come out in March, so we can decide if it's worth going for an out of pocket dinner ADR rather than a DDP lunch like we planned! I really want to know dessert options and if the chicken dish will be a more formal version of their coq au vin. 'Poulet Rouge Chicken' is just a breed of chickens, not a dish, as far as I know. :rolleyes1

I have to say it would have never occurred to me to make an ADR just to go eat a cupcake. smh I have eaten both lunch and dinner there. I like lunch better and am not adverse to eating dinner there again, but will probably stick with lunch

We’re actually excited about the change. While there are some strong dining options at the Deluxe resorts and DS, the parks leave a lot to be desired. Grilled octopus app + lamb chops sounds good to me - hopefully they maintain quality as I’m sure they will still be crowded. $55 for a 3 course meal is on par with many other Disney restaurants that aren’t serving as high quality food.

I'm hopeful that more information will come out in March, so we can decide if it's worth going for an out of pocket dinner ADR rather than a DDP lunch like we planned! I really want to know dessert options and if the chicken dish will be a more formal version of their coq au vin. 'Poulet Rouge Chicken' is just a breed of chickens, not a dish, as far as I know. :rolleyes1
That's what I think as well although it is generally thought to be a better tasting chicken than your average supermarket bird. Has no antibiotics, hormones and lives longer than your average US chicky. Nice nod to those who are interested in the whole food philosophy. I suspect the bird will be roasted since that's a common way to let this variety's flavour shine. Maybe they'll put a sauce on the side...dunno.

They're adults. Why do you have to find with them every meal?
I assume you're talking to me. They're very nice people, and want to do everything together, which is really fine. Who knows, when they see the new menu they may change their mind. I'm just muttering here but not to them. I don't want to rain in their parade, especially it being their first time.

I don’t have a problem with the change and I think $55 for a 3-course dinner is in line with other good restaurants. That said, we are going in May because our grandkids want to meet the Beast. I’m glad we’ll be there before the new menu because our grandkids are very light and very choosy eaters. They will happily split meals and be satisfied. The rest of us will order dinners, not just water and dessert. But it kills me to pay $35 for a child’s character breakfast at AYCTE places when what they care to eat is 1/2 pancake and a few grapes. Not that I want them to eat more than they want but I just need to not think about the cost and enjoy the atmosphere which we’re paying to enjoy:)
This is my sentiment exactly. I would be interested to know how many of the people happy with this change have little children.

This is my sentiment exactly. I would be interested to know how many of the people happy with this change have little children.

I have a 2 year old and he will be over 3 on our next trip. As long as the menu looks more like the adult menu I have no problem paying $35. If looks like a typical kids menu I will not be happy. I know my middle son will want then order off the adult menu and possible have to do the same for the baby, if it’s a standard kids menu. Alll my kids love steak,lamb, bison, and seafood, and are very open to trying new things.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter