So glad I cancelled and will go when things are normal

Yeah. I have zero desire to go back to Disney until things are normal. Our spring break trip was cancelled, so we were offered the free dining promotion for summer, but it held no appeal to me.

I am a big Disney fan and will be happy to return in the future. But the future is a ways off. I know a few people IRL who had Disney trips planned for this summer pre-Covid and none of them are going b/c it’s too expensive of a trip for a “less than” experience. We are looking at beach vacations, mountain cabins, etc. in terms of any travel plans over the next 18 months or so and I don’t think we are alone.

I suspect Disney will be footing the bill or offering incredibly steep discounts and/or special events for travel agents and social media influencers to try to get people into the parks who will then shout from the rooftops that everything is great.

Yeah, I'm with you.

I'm not waiting on a vaccine or worried about the virus, but I have no desire to pay premium Disney prices for a drastically lesser experience. Without characters and nice restaurants and parades and fireworks and stage shows and street entertainers, Disney is just an park full of elaborately themed kiddie rides. And that's not something I'd pay thousands of dollars and travel a thousand miles for.

Op I totally agree with you. No way are we paying the $$$ Disney demands for an experience that will not be even a fraction of what it used to be. Our March trip was cancelled and we are now hoping for end of Aug. 2021 but even that is a "maybe" or it will be pushed till summer 2022. For the past 3 months we have been social distancing, sanitizing, wearing masks and basically venturing out of the house in fear of catching covid 19. There is no way (for my family) that we will vacation like that as well and pay big $$$ for the privilege. When the time is right Disney will still be there.
That said, I hope that whoever does decide to go when Disney opens has a fantastic time and makes wonderful memories with their loved ones.

Agreed - that is why we deiced on POP Century
Just us DH & DW - we only need a bed & shower - the table with 2 chairs is nice to eat breakfast at
Maybe use the quiet pool once in early AM - then shower before heading to the Parks.
The drawer space is fine for us and the raised bed is great.

We do not want to spend a fortune at WDW.
And if we spend $4K which would include airfare, food, hotel and park tickets ....
I do not want to wear a mask, I want extra magic hours, eat at TS, to be able to park hop, ....
Be normal - not new normal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter