We were going to WDW in 2020
Now Spring 2021
Until there is a vaccine for COVID-19
It maybe 20222 or 2023

I want extra magic hours so I can park hop
I want to sit down and eat in a restaurant
I want to sleep in a bed without thinking about germs

Am I doing things right ?
I'd say yes. It's only natural to want to wait and visit when the world looks different and your trip can be more relaxing.

Now Spring 2021
It maybe 20222 or 2023

Only you can say if what you are doing is right.

I had booked an Orlando trip that covers opening day hoping it would be open then. Now I am just hoping I can get a theme park reservation for July 11th.

I think you did the right thing. I would like to go in spring 2021 with my son for his 21st bday but not if they still have these restrictions. I don’t care about a vaccine. I just don’t want a limited experience.

If it’s not the experience you want, of course you’re doing the right thing on waiting.

Personally, I won’t put all my eggs in a “when there is a vaccine” basket because while I’m hopeful for one, it’s not a given. But I’m with you - I don’t think this is how I want to do it.

Bear in mind that there's a very good chance that there will never be a vaccine. There has never been a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus. It's more likely that we'll find an effective treatment that will make it no big deal if you get sick.

Now Spring 2021
It maybe 20222 or 2023

What ever floats your boat. :thumbsup2

"I want extra magic hours so I can park hop" -- EMHs are meaningless for DW and myself

"I want to sit down and eat in a restaurant" -- Not thrilled with eating out even before C-19

"I want to sleep in a bed without thinking about germs" -- Our RV is our home on wheels with our bed

DW and I are good to go in July at FW

OOPS !!! DW just found a FW Reservation for her Birthday in September

Last edited:
You get to decide what normal is for you. For some people walking down Main Street USA and hearing the music means that they are home, even if they have to wear a mask. For others it won't be normal until they can do everything they did last time they visited. I didn't have a trip this year but I decided to make plans for the 50th. Just having something that far off made me feel better, that these bad times would end. And I got a RO at the CR for Oct 1, 2021.

Bear in mind that there's a very good chance that there will never be a vaccine. There has never been a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus. It's more likely that we'll find an effective treatment that will make it no big deal if you get sick.

For most people it's already no big deal and for a select few it's a really big deal. What I honestly think, while unfortunate, is that it will continue spreading and killing many of the highly susceptible patients until it gets to the point where most of the people left don't get very sick or sick at all from it. It's already too widespread and it's too easily passed along to stop it at this point. I don't see an outcome where everyone doesn't get infected at some point.

Now Spring 2021
It maybe 20222 or 2023

Whether what you're doing is right or wrong is completely up to you and how you feel about the situation.

I'm in the same boat, trying to decide to reschedule or not. I'm not concerned about the virus or a vaccine, just that the experience might no longer be worth the cost. If they slashed prices then that would be another consideration but if the prices hold steady I only see a diminished value in visiting.

You said you want to sit down and eat at a restaurant. You will be able to do that.

you said you want to sleep in a bed at night without thinking about germs. Everywhere has germs. We know what you meant you should of put covid.

only you can decided if wdw is right for you.

I’m going on my scheduled time because I’m a dvc member.

Now Spring 2021
It maybe 20222 or 2023

I feel the same way you do. We had a trip planned in the spring and July. We also booked the half marathon for wine and dine in November. We are on the fence about going to wine and dine ( if they even hold the race). I just don’t like the sound of all the restrictions. I guess we would adjust our thinking if things stay this way forever but I am hoping things return to normal even if it’s a year or two down the road.

Then it will be Spring 2023
DH will be 65 and DW will be 63
Hopefully we will still be in good shape
Maybe it will be our retirement celebration trip :)

I’m not looking at “normal” from the masks/vaccine end of it, I’m looking at what was “normal” Disney parks as of ore-COVID......I wonder if Disney will ever return to what it was. All of this no fireworks, parades, character interactions, character meals, entertainment (is that one true?) is giving Disney a great chance at an experiment to do like Six Flags and cut what the park was known for but not cut prices. If Disney sees good revenue with all those things (and cost associated) gone, they may not bring them back at all.

Then it will be Spring 2023
DH will be 65 and DW will be 63
Hopefully we will still be in good shape
Maybe it will be our retirement celebration trip :)
We think the same way. Not going until things are normal, and yes, I think it will return to normal at some point.
However, I think WDW will always be a germ factory. No way to stop the germs with thousands of different guests each week or day from all over the world and the USA. My husband and I always get sick while at Disney, or at least one of us does. Thank heavens it is never both of us. It is always respiratory with chills, sore throat, cough, etc. There's no way that a theme park can keep all the germs out, so we are always exposed to something while at Disney. You can't live in a bubble, especially at large amusement parks like Disney. It's part of personal responsibility you must accept while going anywhere where a lot of people congregate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter