So excited!

almburr

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend and I will be headed to WDW next year (2021). Yes I know it’s a ways off but planning is good in my thoughts. This will be my 4th trip, it’s been 9 years since. So I know things have changed greatly. This will be my boyfriends first trip.
I’ve started my planning journal where I write down rides, restaurants etc that I feel we have to do. He’s letting me have full control on it all. I’m so excited.
So if you have tips and ideas that would be awesome. I love the DDP and have used the regular and deluxe in past trips.

My wife and I just sent in our DVC rental application for us to head out in January 2021, so we're right there with you :) Never too soon to start planning another trip! When are you going in 2021? I think my recommendations or thoughts would probably be tied into when your trip is occurring.

Two suggestions: book one really nice meal in advance. We travel over our anniversary/his BDay every year and we love California Grill for our special meal. We were lucky enough to get a window table last year and it was really magical.

The other: order Memory Maker with your tickets. The photos from someone's first thrill rides are utterly priceless :D

I second getting Memory Maker too - well worth every penny. We had over 100 photos from our vacation. We didn't get it on our last trip as we were only in the park 2 days, of course there was a great photo and I ordered it - 18.95 later. So even if you only have a few photos that you want it quickly adds up.

Plan some down time in. We find every 3rd day works for us - so we do 1st full day at a park, 2nd full day a park, 3rd day we do a pool day or Disney Springs. We take that day a little more leisurely pace but still do fun stuff.

Is pin trading still a thing? Do they still sell pins? I never traded ours. I just like buying them and little mementos of each ride etc.

If it has been more than 9 years since your last visit, you are in for a pleasant surprise. The changes in the last 9 years will wow you. My only suggestion is to let your boyfriend discover the magic of the parks before you hit him with your plans. Let him take time to discover the magic before your plans take charge of the visit. Maybe take a little time to walk around when you first enter the park to let him discover all that is Disney and then start the plan. It has also been 9 years for you so take the time to slow down and enjoy the changes.

If it has been more than 9 years since your last visit, you are in for a pleasant surprise. The changes in the last 9 years will wow you. My only suggestion is to let your boyfriend discover the magic of the parks before you hit him with your plans. Let him take time to discover the magic before your plans take charge of the visit. Maybe take a little time to walk around when you first enter the park to let him discover all that is Disney and then start the plan. It has also been 9 years for you so take the time to slow down and enjoy the changes.
Oh we will go slow. Too much can overwhelm him, and will be doing this trip without his service dog. I’m researching everything. To give him two options at a time. This trip will be slow. Unlike my others where I insist on the EPCOT. Death march.

My wife and I just sent in our DVC rental application for us to head out in January 2021, so we're right there with you :) Never too soon to start planning another trip! When are you going in 2021? I think my recommendations or thoughts would probably be tied into when your trip is occurring.
This - we can offer some more ideas if we know when you're going :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter