So excited! I get to plan this trip my way.

Charade67

DIS Veteran
My family is planning a trip to Universal in December. It will be my 50th birthday, so they are letting me plan everything. If it were up to my husband we would go to all 3 Universal parks, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, and possibly 1 or 2 Disney parks. I managed to convince him to keep it just to the 3 Universal parks. We will be staying at RPR and have the express pass. My plan is to take it easy and come and go to the parks as we please. I may even spend some time by myself at Universal and Islands of Adventure while the rest are at Volcano Bay. (I don't really like water parks.) Before I start sounding too selfish, I am planning to make sure the other get to do some of the things they want to do too. My 16 year old daughter wants to meet Spiderman. :) :charac4:

No way does it sound selfish, this trip should totally be all (ok, mostly) about you! I am excited for you, because you sound so excited!

Hi that sounds great. I am turning 50 also and this is my early gift to myself. We are heading down in a week. We will be doing all 3 parks and I have wanted to do Discovery Cover for years so guess what "Happy Birthday to Me":)

Happy Birthday and have a great trip. It does not sound selfish at all. I am being the same way!

I've never been to Orlando in December, but sometimes in October it's not hot enough for us to do the water rides. Have a great birthday trip!

It's a great time to turn 50...I am doing it tomorrow. No trips planned, but when we head to UOR (was just there 2 months ago), we do exactly what you are planning...stay onsite (at and Express Pass providing hotel), relax, leisurely go about what we want to do...including separate and do individual things (I love the Horror Make-Up...the rest do not), and take time to focus in on what each of us would like to do together. It's awesome.

Enjoy yourself and family...Happy Early B-day!!

bobbie68, Happy around-the-corner B-Day!!

Awesome!

If you want to spend a bit of time away while the others are at VB, perhaps book a session at the Mandara Spa at Porotfino. I did that for my wife on our last trip (get her the Mandara Ritual for hands and feet) and she totally loved it after having walked some much throught he parks the previous days.

There's even a Groupon for it!

https://www.groupon.com/deals/mandara-spa-at-loews-portofino-bay-1

I am really looking forward to spending sometime by myself doing only the things I want to do. My daughter and husband love the intense roller coasters, but I don't. I usually spend too much time just sitting and waiting for them to go on a coaster. It will also be nice to take my time and do things at my own pace. I have arthritis in my knees, so it's hard to keep up with the teenager. I thought about doing the spa, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money. (Yeah, I know. I just spend a few thousand on a vacation, What's another couple of hundred?) I may take a leisurely walk through Citywalk too and do some shopping. I think this is going to be our first mouse free Orlando vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter