So excited - DL trip now planned for May 2020

Chickinvic

DIS Veteran
I am just giddy over it. Hubby and I will finally be returning to DL May 16-23. This will be 4 years since our last DL trip. DL is by far my favourite and we don't get to go there as often anymore since we moved from the west coast (Victoria, BC)to Ottawa. Ottawa is much closer to WDW, but I find WDW pales in comparison. I love the more spontaneous ability to just decide what you will do on the day at DL.

Happy dance!!!!

We will be staying at Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites. Haven't been there before, but the price was right lol.

Now here's hoping for a Canadian ticket deal.

Tigger tails here we come! Also, have to go for Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner at some point in our trip. Blue Bayou too!

Yay! Congratulations on your return! We are west coasters and just went on our third visit to WDW in July and though we had an amazing time, on this trip I realized that DLR really is home for me. It has my heart. WDW can’t match it in my eyes. I completely agree about the spontaneity! And I’m not even a spontaneous person in general; I just like to be at Disney, I guess!

Side note - I adore Victoria! My mom and I have gone there the last couple summers (along with Olympic National Park) for vacation and we just love it. Of course doing the touristy things would be different than living there, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for your former home town. :)

Yay! Congratulations on your return! We are west coasters and just went on our third visit to WDW in July and though we had an amazing time, on this trip I realized that DLR really is home for me. It has my heart. WDW can’t match it in my eyes. I completely agree about the spontaneity! And I’m not even a spontaneous person in general; I just like to be at Disney, I guess!

Side note - I adore Victoria! My mom and I have gone there the last couple summers (along with Olympic National Park) for vacation and we just love it. Of course doing the touristy things would be different than living there, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for your former home town. :)

DL will always be more "home" to me too I think. Definitely a much more relaxed feel, and I really find there is so much to do there.

Victoria is beautiful, and Vancouver Island has a lot of fantastic natural scenery. I have actually done lots of the touristy things there too even though it was home for me most of my life.

If you haven't already done so, take a drive to Sooke potholes next time you are in Victoria, beautiful scenery. The beaches beyond Sooke are very cool too (French, China, Mystic).

The drive up Island is amazing also. The Malahat, Cathedral Grove (amazing huge old growth rainforest), so much there really.

Victoria is beautiful, and Vancouver Island has a lot of fantastic natural scenery. I have actually done lots of the touristy things there too even though it was home for me most of my life.

If you haven't already done so, take a drive to Sooke potholes next time you are in Victoria, beautiful scenery. The beaches beyond Sooke are very cool too (French, China, Mystic).

The drive up Island is amazing also. The Malahat, Cathedral Grove (amazing huge old growth rainforest), so much there really.

Seeing more of the island is definitely on our list for future trips! Thanks for the recommendations!

Fun! We are planning a short weekend trip the first weekend of May after an almost 6 year break from Disneyland. We've been to Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo but it has been a long time since we have been to any US parks. So much has changed! I am bummed it will have to be a short trip, but now that we are close enough for a quick drive we are considering annual passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!