So disappointed with Plaza breakfast!

I have done this breakfast 4X and I love it, never had a bad experience, BUT always sat inside. I like to book it as late as possible. 10:40 am, etc. It its near the end, and as it empties out, their are no lines for food at all and the characters spend lots of time with everyone.

Went to Minnie & Friends character breakfast on Thursday. Did this in May on Memorial Day weekend and had a good experience but this time was awful!

1. All of the tables were wet from the rain the night before. I asked if a heating lamp could be turned on and they said no. I asked if we could be inside or on the porch, they said they do not allow that for walk-ins. But we had a reservation. They still wouldn’t let us and we had to sit at a table on wet chairs.

2. Why are those tables so close together?! Everyone had to stand up and move to let people back in with their food and characters couldn’t even fit through so people were being skipped or having to get up and go over to them.

3. The woman working the Mickey waffle station was so spaced out. It was a challenge to get a waffle and she seemed extremely bothered.

4. Lines to get food were so so so so so long.

5. Minnie didn’t show up until a little after 8am. Is that normal? There was a line of people waiting for their picture with her which we chose to bypass and come back later. Glad we did that because we arrived for our 7:40am reservation and folks were waiting until after 8!

6. Food was cold.

Sorry just had to vent because I was so disappointed! Skip this and go to Goofy’s or Paradise Pier instead.
Please write guest services. That is obscene guests were made to sit on wet chairs. 100% obscene.

OP, I do hope you write guest services! That sounds ridiculous!

We had a bad experience there a couple of years ago. We had an ADR for a late-ish breakfast and the only tables they had were outside. Unfortunately, it was during a horrible heat wave (Labor Day Weekend 2015) and I was ridiculously pregnant, and the CMs insisted we could only be seated outside, even though we were willing to wait longer for an indoor table. It was a miserable experience. We ate there one other time and sat inside, and it was like a completely different restaurant.

I'm so sorry for your poor experience. That's not okay to make guests sit on wet chairs. Definitely let guest services know.

We did this breakfast for the 1st time in August and it was wonderful. We had the earliest reservation time on a magic morning and were seated inside. We.had lots of character interactions except we did get skipped by a few which we asked to see only one of them, Pooh. I thought the food was fine but cold because we spent so much time chatting and taking photos instead of eating! My kids loved this one including my normally scared 2 year old. I have the cutest photo of him with Chip touching noses followed by his first ever character hug.

We’ve had some issues with characters skipping us including some crazy chaos with Minnie when seated inside at a late dining time, so I feel your pain on having a bad experience with such a high price point- such a bummer! We’ve since gone back and it was redeemed. We actually usually do both Minnie’s and Storytellers meals on our trips and last trip the Storytellers was terrible so I think all the meals must be prone to some bad bad bad experiences and if the CM’s working are awesome maybe it can be salvaged but not the case with you or us previously. Hopefully if you complain Disney will make it right but I wouldn’t hold your breath unfortunately. Sorry that it happened though- if you have a chance to go back I would encourage you to give it another shot- we’ve had really terrible times at Minnie’s before and the next was great so I guess really expensive hit or miss good time.... hopefully the rest of your trip was magical enough to make up for that ridiculous-ness!!

It is the most bang for your buck. We've done this meal a half dozen time and last week was the first time they were going to put us outside. We asked for a table inside and they said they could squeeze the 6 of us at a table for 5 and we took it. It is always extremely tight in there but the characters were good. Food is always just okay but does the job. But for the first time we never had a server come to our table our entire time there. Not once. My husband had to clear a tray with a ton of plates on it just so we could have room. When he was walking it over one server said "Oh, so sorry", but still nobody ever came to clear a plate in the entire hour+ we were there. The characters are fun and my kids love that aspect so we will continue to go there. This was also the first time to hear a family yelling across the room while Eeyore was with us "Hey- Eeyore- this kid has been really waiting to see you. Come over here please." while we were getting our pictures. Eeyore was going to get there in due time. Just crazy.

It does seem as though they thought you were a walk in and sat you outside.

I don’t think they automatically seat you inside with an adr. They have very limited seating inside, so if it’s full it’s full.

That said, we did it once and that was enough. I remember the only thing that tasted ok were the tiny chocolate croissants. Everything else was gross.

I don’t think they automatically seat you inside with an adr. They have very limited seating inside, so if it’s full it’s full.

That said, we did it once and that was enough. I remember the only thing that tasted ok were the tiny chocolate croissants. Everything else was gross.

I’m not sure if they automatically sit you inside with adr but poster did say they asked to be seated inside and they told them it was not for walk ins but they had adr so I would have made sure to make it clear I had an adr and wanted to be inside.

I do think it’s a something to do at least once.but no need for us to do every single time.

OP: Sorry to hear this happened to you. Sitting in wet seats at those prices? That’s outrageous.

In general, I guess it’s a better deal than other character meals, but the food is just awful. It’s in the same league as free hotel buffets and way below McDonald’s quality. The least Disney can do is ensure decent character interactions—and dry chairs.

We have been outside (on nice days) with later reservations (9:30 - 10:30) and it has been fine! Lots of characters came by and interacted with the kids. The food is basic....not bad, not great CERTAINLY higher quality than McDonalds! (that was a joke, right?) and better than the free hotel buffets! Minnie's has good omelets made to order, Mickey waffles, little yogurt parfaits, fruit..... plenty for breakfast!

See, stories like this are why we skip the character breakfasts altogether. For $50+ per person, I expect more. When we were there a couple of years ago, we were on the porch seating area, but half of the characters bypassed us. But at least the food was good and the tables were dry. I would be lodging a complaint if I had to sit at a wet table. CMs should be prioritizing drying the seats and tables. That's basic theme park/entertainment service/food service etiquette.

The food is basic and bland but it is enough and makes my family happy, so I don’t know if I’d say it’s that bad of food. But again some have higher expectations- DLR is my home park and for all food I expect “theme park” quality and if it’s better yay if not I know what I’m getting. If you go in expecting fine dining you’ll leave upset, if you expect meh food you’ll be happy. We pay for the character interaction and that is usually so plentiful we almost dont have time to eat in between characters so money well spent for us. We have decided years ago to go once each yearly trip so despite some issues we’ve had there in the past it’s decent enough for us to want to take our young kids back and pay the steep prices for it. Each person has their own price point and preference so it’s definitely one you have to try it and see where you stand- lesser quality then Storytellers but I’d say on par with most other CS breakfasts you’d buy at the park.

If you go in expecting fine dining you’ll leave upset, if you expect meh food you’ll be happy.

There is a big difference between “fine dining” (which, come on, no one expects that) and “meh.” I expect decent quality food for the price. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. Sure you might book it for the characters but you should at the very least get a good meal. I went to several character meals at WDW and the food was good at all of them.

We have been outside (on nice days) with later reservations (9:30 - 10:30) and it has been fine! Lots of characters came by and interacted with the kids. The food is basic....not bad, not great CERTAINLY higher quality than McDonalds! (that was a joke, right?) and better than the free hotel buffets! Minnie's has good omelets made to order, Mickey waffles, little yogurt parfaits, fruit..... plenty for breakfast!
No, I wasn’t kidding. McDonald’s breakfast is better, in my opinion. I’ve had the Plaza Inn breakfast while on a handful of Adventures by Disney tours (so it wasn’t my choice to go there), and I found the food to be tasteless. I did enjoy the character interaction and being in such a lovely setting.

Last edited:
Never understood why this place does so well other than it is in the parks. It was always bland bad cafeteria food and lackluster experience all the times I have been.

This is exactly why, it is now the only character dining experience in the DLR parks, since the Lamplight Lounge replaced Ariel's Grotto princess character dining in DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter