So, did anyone buy a rainbow Mickey magic band?

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
If anyone bought one, does it have any special effects on park entry?

Were they supposed to have special effects on entry? I didn't read that.

Im headed there this week but the only things I purchased from the rainbow collection were a hat and sunglasses

No, I don't think they were supposed to have special effects, I was just wondering if anyone bought one and can say for sure.

I got one, but I won't be at WDW until August. I had not heard that there were any special effects with the rainbow band.

DH got one. No special effects. Special effects are exclusive to the boxed limited edition magic bands.

So, without effects, I assume it will simply access my MDE account and from time to time get the purple DVC lighting at Park Entry, like the free ones provided by the resort.. That's fine. I was just wondering what to expect, since I won't use it until December. I had a hard time justifying paying for a Magic Band, but thought this one would be fun.

I'm contemplating the rainbow magic band or the Haunted Mansion wallpaper magic band for my next trip - tough decision.

I pulled the trigger on the magic band and a rainbow tumbler yesterday. I don't have a WDW trip planned until Destination D next year, but I want to be ready.

I wanted to get one, but they are sold out. Waiting for them to come back in stock hopefully.

I’ve been trying to get one for our next reservation but it’s practically impossible. They appear to be very popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!