So.Cal Locals please help! Which airport is closer to LA Convention Center?

cooniez

Mouseketeer
Trying to took a last minute ticket for my aunt and was wondering if Long Beach airport or LAX is closer to the Los Angeles Convention Center? I saw a Google map & they both look like an equal distance away? Also, between the 2 airports is one in a safer area than the others? I have a friend who lived in Long Beach (not sure of exact area) and she was saying some areas can be pretty scary :( Any advice would help!

Thanks!

hmm, LAX is closer i believe. Long Beach is farther...

LAX would probably be cheaper and have more available rides to convention center.

If you want safer airport, maybe ontario airport?

oh man that is tuff question and i am a local. well LAX would be closer to los ang. convention center.. ........(thinking)......yeah i don't know, i been to both airports, never had a problem.

hmm, LAX is closer i believe. Long Beach is farther...

LAX would probably be cheaper and have more available rides to convention center.

If you want safer airport, maybe ontario airport?

Thanks for the prompt response! My dad doesn't have much experience with airports, but he said LAX is huge & craaazy busy. I'm coming from San Jose (Bay Area) and based on the map it looks like I should pass by both airports on the way up to the Los Angeles Convention Center. I think the cheapest rate I found didn't include Ontario as an option.

no u pass LAX but not long beach airport.. long beach is down the freeway from LAX. .

here found this

From the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Take the Century Boulevard exit to the Century Freeway (105) East. Take the Harbor Freeway (110) North to the Santa Monica Freeway (10) West. Exit at Pico Boulevard and proceed northward.

South Hall Parking: Turn right on Pico Boulevard, turn right on Figueroa Boulevard, turn right on Venice Boulevard, turn right on Convention Center Drive and proceed to the parking entrance.

West Hall Parking: Cross Pico Boulevard and make a right turn at the intersection of Cherry and 12th Street into the parking garage entrance.

i found it on here

http://www.lacclink.com/directions/directions.aspx?menu=attendees

your welcome!

no u pass LAX but not long beach airport.. long beach is down the freeway from LAX. .then that case your better off doing LAX

I see...Is Long Beach far from I-5? There's no scale on the map so I can see how many miles. It looks like the cheapest flights available might be departing only from Long Beach. Thanks!

WELL that map is for the la convention center only.. so it would not show long beach..but hold on i am googeling it!

ok you would have to take the 5 to the 710 to the 405 OR the 5 to the 605 to the 405 to get to long beach airport.

and the convention center is located of the 110 witch is closer to the 5 as it become the 101 up in that area

here is the map link

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...085081,-118.221817&spn=0.274106,0.673599&z=11

for la convention center is the "a" marker the "d" marker is LAX

umm the way i see it long beach is south of LAX and the LA convention center, it lies between the 710 605 405, witch can be accessed from the 5..

What about transportation? If you don't have a car, getting to downtown LA from Long Beach won't be fun, especially if you have baggage. There is a dedicated bus that goes from LAX to Union Station, and there you transfer to another bus for a short trip to the Convention Center area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter