~~Snowbirds Weight Loss Thread~~

:cheer2: :cheer2: I know you can do it Meghan!! Don't deny yourself just practice moderation!! Just a little piece of cake and just a little bit of spice pumpkin donut...just don't eat the whole thing LOL!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

As far as cooking with oil we use Canola Oil at our house and olive oil with pastas...let me do some research on that and get back to you!!

No I haven't forgotten the Chicken alfredo..I've done some tweaking and am going to cook it this week and then tweak it once more and try it again...we tired the real thing and it was delish!!! But now I have to make it a bit healthier LOL ...we won't discuss how many points it was LOL!!!

Wasn't it wonderful!!! I know~the point thing is probably around 20!!!! You would probably not get to eat anything else all day and very low on the point scale the next day witht that!!!!

Hey guys! It's been a couple of days since I checked in. I've decided that I'm going to join Weight Watchers officially. My SIL has lost so much weight and two of my other good friends are joining. I figure, why not:confused3 I have to find out when the next meeting in my area is.

My eating is the most challenging thing for me. I have no will power, so hopefully the guidance of a professional will help. If my SIL was able to go from a 14 to a 0, certainly I can get to a 6.

:cheer2: Weight Watcher meetings really get some people motivated. I have 2 friends that go. They have really learned a lot. I think that's what is so important. You learn what is really in your food and what you aren't sure about~it kinda becomes second nature, so you automatically know what you should or can eat, and you kinda lose all that guilt and confusion. I think you'll do great!!! Here's hoping for a 6!!!!!:cheer2:

Hey guys! It's been a couple of days since I checked in. I've decided that I'm going to join Weight Watchers officially. My SIL has lost so much weight and two of my other good friends are joining. I figure, why not:confused3 I have to find out when the next meeting in my area is.

My eating is the most challenging thing for me. I have no will power, so hopefully the guidance of a professional will help. If my SIL was able to go from a 14 to a 0, certainly I can get to a 6.

Hey Mindy! Congratulations on your choice and I will be cheering you on!!

I'm seriously considering going back to the WW meetings just for the moral support! I can do it at home but there is something about paying to go that changes things and you have a room full of people who are supporting you! Now if I can just find the coupon I had that gave me a discount when joining LOL!!

This weekend was not good. My DB and DSIL came down for the weekend. On Friday night, we had Outback. I had the Alice Spring Chicken and Fried mushrooms. Then on Saturday, we had meatloaf with baked potatoes and cheesy broccoli. Then on Sunday, we had pizza. We had tons of left-overs, so I have been eating those since I hate to throw food away. Hopefully I'll start doing better after the left-overs are gone. Sorry, I haven't checked in...it's because I was feeling sooo guilty:guilty:

This weekend was not good. My DB and DSIL came down for the weekend. On Friday night, we had Outback. I had the Alice Spring Chicken and Fried mushrooms. Then on Saturday, we had meatloaf with baked potatoes and cheesy broccoli. Then on Sunday, we had pizza. We had tons of left-overs, so I have been eating those since I hate to throw food away. Hopefully I'll start doing better after the left-overs are gone. Sorry, I haven't checked in...it's because I was feeling sooo guilty:guilty:

Don't feel guilty. I ate HORRIBLY today!!!! I don't know why, but I did go through a fast food window today, and then I felt so yucky later on. However, for dinner, I did have some pasta with broccoli, garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese (just a sprinkle). Then, for a little snack tonight, I had a delicious apple. :) After helping my mom wrap 70 some odd caramel apples for my sister's wedding, I just had to add a little individual sized caramel apple dip too.

One of the things I learned at Weight Watchers was that it wasn't profitable to feel guilty! Just pick yourself up and start back on track! And that is why we have each other to help us get back on track when we fall!!

So Ladies how did your first COW go!!! Did you succeed or at least attempt to have a COW!!! I did pretty good, better the last two days!! Let's just put it this way it is a very good thing the bathroom is right next door to my classroom LOL!!

Alright ready to have this week's COW!!!! This week I want to challenge us to at least do 20minutes of medium to high intensity exercise everyday!! This will be huge for me as when I get home I just like to crash, but I'm going to get out and walk (have to prepare myself for those miles upon miles of walking we do at Disney LOL)!! So share your successes this week and creative ways you get your workouts in!!

One of the things I learned at Weight Watchers was that it wasn't profitable to feel guilty! Just pick yourself up and start back on track! And that is why we have each other to help us get back on track when we fall!!

So Ladies how did your first COW go!!! Did you succeed or at least attempt to have a COW!!! I did pretty good, better the last two days!! Let's just put it this way it is a very good thing the bathroom is right next door to my classroom LOL!!

Alright ready to have this week's COW!!!! This week I want to challenge us to at least do 20minutes of medium to high intensity exercise everyday!! This will be huge for me as when I get home I just like to crash, but I'm going to get out and walk (have to prepare myself for those miles upon miles of walking we do at Disney LOL)!! So share your successes this week and creative ways you get your workouts in!!

I will be much better at this one! I already take ballet on Mon & Wed mornings and I also take tap on Mon evenings. Then, I teach ballet on Wed evenings! Starting in a few weeks, I will have practice for my dance team on Tues and Thurs evenings. I don't usually do much on Fri, Sat, Sun though. Too tired from my crazy week!

Okay~ I did pretty good on the COW. Not great-just pretty good. Some days I think I was up to 6 glasses--others were like 3 or 4. But, this is my 2nd week with no Dr P or any soft drinks:cheer2: I am actually on my 3rd glass right now-- I'll probably make it to 5 tonight~ but I've noticed that if I drink only water (no softies at resteraunts) I'm not as thirsty. Maybe because it isn't flushing out so much yucky!!!

I need to get back to walking-it rained yesterday and was nasty-so I didn't do anything. But for days when you can't go out-I encourage you to try out a walk dvd by Leslie Sansone. She's from Pa-so some of you may be familiar with her studio-She's great. A good christian walk program--what could be better!!

Good Morning Good Morning!!!!

Okay so how are you doing on your COW!! I'm doing okay, I'm suffering from a terrible cold right now and its just eating me up alive!! So I'm sorry I haven't been as motivating lately!!

Anyways thought I would share a dessert recipe with you guys...

Wendy's No-Bake Peanut Butter bars (cuz I just love peanut butter)

3/4 c. reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
3 Tbsp. light stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. crispy rice cereal
2 c. wheat Bran buds cereal

1. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Add the cereals; stir well to coat.
3. Spoon the cereal mixture into the baking pan. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and gently press to form an even layer. Let cool completely. Refrigerate, covered until firm, at least 1 hour. Uncover and cut into 24 bars.

Point Value: 4 points per bar

This weeks COW is not doing so hot. My younger son is sick and had high fever in the night, so yesterday was a Dr. appt. Then he was not sleeping well and I was up with him for a while, now I am just drained and feel a headache coming on. Last weekend was lots of family company and I have just been out of the exercise thing. :sad2: It's pathetic, really. I don't know why I am so out of it. I am watching what I eat, drinking water-(-still no DR. P for me!!!), Just not having the motivation or energy this week to do any walking. maybe this weekend I 'll get a jolt!!!

This weeks COW is not doing so hot. My younger son is sick and had high fever in the night, so yesterday was a Dr. appt. Then he was not sleeping well and I was up with him for a while, now I am just drained and feel a headache coming on. Last weekend was lots of family company and I have just been out of the exercise thing. :sad2: It's pathetic, really. I don't know why I am so out of it. I am watching what I eat, drinking water-(-still no DR. P for me!!!), Just not having the motivation or energy this week to do any walking. maybe this weekend I 'll get a jolt!!!

I too haven't been very motivated this week..I have had a serious head cold which then moved to my chest and has decided to take up permanent residence there!! Okay its not that bad, but seriously haven't been up to much working out when it hurts to breath. Although I am going to do something I have been thinking about for awhile. I'm going to walk the number of miles from my house to my hotel LOL!!! I have to look up my mapquest instructions, but I want to be in the best walking shape as possible. So I have three months to tackle about 500 miles I think I can do it. I want 6 miles in the park with a backpack on to be a cake walk. As soon as I get my new passporter I'm going to put on the backpack with my goodies in it and start hitting the trail!!

Good Idea! I usually am able to walk about 3 miles when I walk for exercise--kids too. I have never walked 3 miles at Disney without making it to a ride, bus stop or whatever--except from the BC to HS!! That seemed like an eternity!

How is everyone? I've been trying to do better-eating healthier and I've been following my training schedule. I ran 5 miles Saturday night and 4 this morning. Getting up early to run is so hard to do, especially if it's still dark outside and cold. Hopefully this will get easier to do.

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I checked in. It's hard enough to keep up on the snowbird thread AND get all my school work done!
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great!
I've gotten myself into a pretty regular exercise regime now, 20 mins a day. I've been doing stuff from magazines and some tapes or shows I've seen to come up with my own workout! After this week school will slow down and I want to add 20mins of powerwalking a few times a week to the schedule too.

I'm doing WW, but just from the books and stuff, I don't want to pay for the weekly meetings! So far so good, I really need to work in more veggies though.

Ok and now to the best news, my total Weight Loss....drum roll please, and make it a big one........11lbs! :yay: :yay: :yay: That's after about 3 weeks!

Good luck to everyone else, I'll try to check in more regularly! I have a few parties for Halloween, so hopefully that doesn't kill me!

Way to go Jessica!!!! That's awesome--I must say, since right after this thread really took off, everyone of us have had a turn with the sinus sickies! And you probably read it on the snowbird thread--my middle son had it for a while and was really feeling awful--so that really messed my plans up. BUT---drumroll for me too---- a little over 4 weeks with no Dr. Pepper!!!! And I gave up my scales, so I don't know if I lost any or not--but I am gonna try to get back into my walking schedule.

Way to go Jessica!!!! That's awesome--I must say, since right after this thread really took off, everyone of us have had a turn with the sinus sickies! And you probably read it on the snowbird thread--my middle son had it for a while and was really feeling awful--so that really messed my plans up. BUT---drumroll for me too---- a little over 4 weeks with no Dr. Pepper!!!! And I gave up my scales, so I don't know if I lost any or not--but I am gonna try to get back into my walking schedule.

I'm glad you and your family are feeling better. Good for you on cutting out your soda pop intake. 4 weeks-that's really good :worship: I try to cut out Coke products altogether, but that doesn't last long, so now I'm trying to limit how much I drink on a daily basis. We'll see how that goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts