Snowbird Sabbatical and Sunrise Yoga

szymcl

Mouseketeer
  1. Does anyone else LOVE seeing this finally after hours of driving?

Y2eZmQQmA1i99aQO9fyNUsAvZiUNizLMtVsmtr1e9DyKHKtUv83_8pM1b4YA6n5u0wbQ9hbmMnenJCYaLPfAlljwOOkBH01p_E4E4tjxvxAERNRHX4tzqiHvCVm-Tgx644vBHQlg

I had confirmation from my daughter that she had checked in to Saratoga Springs. She is the daughter who moved to Florida after graduating from college and worked at Disney for 3 years. She got married last year and moved to Maryland, where her husband works. She has had a tough year since the wedding, as her husband was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease after a long bout of “what is wrong with me!” He ended up in the hospital for a month, emergency surgery to remove a lot of his colon and being very seriously ill. He is doing much better but facing more surgery in the future.

Anyway, she flew down, took Magical Express and was now roaming around Disney Springs. We had a room in Congress Park, and even though the Front Desk Cast Member gave her detailed instructions about how to get to the room, she did have a hard time finding it, walking and wheeling luggage!

Best thing about the Saratoga stay was...

Y1Y6hBobMF2WTRltnTSeWAXIK9jXcmEIPNNsGFRkq5zml3SCmUUz27n5zyCMg0cp-ltfkYYHXFpbM6qbNDijcgRYK4-SCfDwEio0Fs4EKzUCrltOMsd2hWoVFfQwn6c75gsoHYx2

SUNRISE YOGA

This was my first time, and we got to watch the sunrise

_9wk4wV1Jn3DZHScj3jYNIMcgMIIXJBc5qVS4kN4dxhpcTTbl4as6TonZNQPcZ_0cwNbSp4YirOlEXqJdiM0xW6_JGeht6dWy_qURLN8To2ksiO0org0Jq1oKwFOb1aDUzdXR0y6

WtzCC_YKqy6VPuC7pubggmYL3foE0gswqRWMTaIZQHP-uYj7VMpI0nbAwDthGJr8FE23v4S4WkdJdAFsMXuvSXAhMvK-K3N87ReWwR16UEo88KwUV82dWDfycoPDLjUhuOUgQ4Iq

iisoJBSq2Aj05PSTEaW6vK7hgO-pmsK18b5co-9voldT8f9inIaJjNsKKtCftqn29VHrrtJLsFIpw6DzjPo69G5uz2nqITRe3gMv9I-sZqgO_xlGy2GJB0aBHPT2VlIWDnDJu-4Z

9ks4mt4eCOp2HdmZJ15g77PzBhr3fo2dYoLg1tqOkW4mJ6Xs_onTer6laf4iGIHeO-R1KzWUdu0W40d8ESXdrQZaMZxURbN4D5X24tV32FWB4CF_WvlyHh1YiAmvgWV39kaz_Jmv

It was a 30 minute session, attended by about 20 people. We had not signed up, just walked up at about 6:45. Mats were provided, along with little towels and water. Very nice!

We also spent some time at Disney Springs, found the top floor of the Coca Cola building and found this flight, cubre libre, white russian, jack and coke and something else with orange mango juice...it’s a fun view from up there!

YnkTHdG-B42-A0lQgYbR3yNeciuWYPb8_LZHAmASrnKUSTKKQWQmN8K4wgZg0Au5RwSOu1c6Z_GU-eB-6-8v3TqduvmS6zJOxh_Hini-y-PvFKxvP0MApFl6gV_ygM8a22z-9WG6

szymcl, 1 minute agoEditReport
    #7+ QuoteReply

OK, well after some total playing around in the kingdoms, I got my apartment keys and my daughter and I started unloading the car. I had put a cosco rolling dolly that opens out to a wheeled cart in my car to make the process easier. The plan for the first day was to just unload and open up the mattresses in boxes to let them expand for the 24-48 hours suggested on the boxes.

AmViIcwl8kTctKf5N8G0UM_eYncFEMAs39GBiEyfYKWpyTHskYHnkZ7POCgF7bqwEaOfvTteFI_aGFatqW-gBGKKbbL8bn2Cx-V4ruRYjqCbJGcRCNAqkrfzFlEWrDodXlHjGjtT

PZMfpg5SXsC31vxQ5j-hZhVad-MUQhS4SpaD2097zg-5RNTJUD09U2VEr34a-2osT2C0N1P2JKjwxneqfF3ICIcBPeE1JfwN2ucyPJ8EuVyWQKzsS1VjYkM9NIF5Xa9-uu10IQmb

OiRhIcP5WzXIyWkbPEVIOMiTVLcbKIB4tFGs7yzpsWO8yolHlCVOFfMRLuluJ_4ESRDGkcSt_zgyEDFPI9ikdVqWEPhNCZQ9uHBKMSjSVhwgf3sUBpastk6cdZb6xfXooq2KPaPF

Then we left the apartment and headed for Hollywood studios! Just in time for a 5 minute wait on Star Tours, then this nice reward at Baseline Tap

-kNOP9EQgGn1bfp8XFhwINYdhnfHGXsjBuA66Sf0Km5rXoAF4TaYv8Xlwv-sAFZx6oI2OCeWnsHSHBwbICknWjOjbvLtWgkSXp__1PIldHb0yKkCAcKzOMfk_qfvLI_5bf27BcN7

And then we went to Toy Story Land for dinner and got in line for our first experience on Slinky Dog-I don’t know why I didn’t take any photos! We had about a 45 minute wait, then got out just in time for the Star Wars show and fireworks.

I love the idea of the Sunrise Yoga! My first real introduction to yoga was at Aulani in 2011. We felt sooooooo stretched ... what a great way to start the day. :)

Now that we have basic needs, it’s time to shop and decorate! For decorations, and to stick to my $1000 budget, I have visited 4 different thrift stores in the Orlando area. Lamps, wall hangings, tables, etc, are all in the $5 range, so I got great stuff! The sofa was my splurge, from Big Lots, $350. We put it in the van, drove it home, and then introduced ourselves to our new neighbors by getting it stuck in the elevator! One of our wonderful new neighbors helped us out and we got it in the apartment! (They had recently moved to Florida to escape winters as well!)

BBoB2nFdDiYlDjk6l1zQAcqqHbhOW7FCqaukXLPPaWd8Bs-3iiVt16NWy4-MrYYhgtxgLRgkrlcLjKNW3gklE8OBS00R338-gjrncjZWRZ1MwMXgniH3DovCXCwgWaEwGzI843Q0

And for working…

Dz0NgwShCxz3Mb-pHSY9VXzBVTQRbVtKc1e55GZ6qJ4MMzWJ-D6cvcFdxz7Bq1DKtYg2epbPpLjQk7wqGhTNkEpbpRvv7fy1DkLbQiB5h_Mtw0NCCSjOdefzFX-hyeW7s0THvj1s

In my free time, I was able to stop in Epcot 4 times, to get this sweet cutting board as a freebie for Annual Pass holders on your 4th visit to the Food and Wine Festival. I saw Jim Belushi, Mark Wills and Air Supply at the Eat to the Beat Concerts and a great demonstration of Joffrey’s coffee with free samples.

9J90yhiPZ6WT7v50QvsGHZTN462jnFDVsrNq2WviPxt1rXHDcY32xaHyAs3pfXcB9yAh7_LlBqMJa-QAioGPXLPw6kSqlMrOnn3tgeZFf0CjZF14Ar5KJEvLPYAP0YjzlEoMfum3

Time to go back north for a bit, but I’ll be back!!!!

Szymcl from Indy
Looks great but are you staying at SS or do you have an apartment? I'm confused.
Looks great but are you staying at SS or do you have an apartment? I'm confused.

Food and Wine Festival is winding down, it has been fun and I will miss you outside kitchens!

My husband flew in for a few days, we enjoyed the “piggy wings” and the skirt steak at the Fire BBQ stand outside of innoventions.

RFse3NXE5ub-roo30YpDlGH3ai5PzX1z3IXZy9J6FV6BIEPe7nAaDcGyCvOynhCk9t5claUbnbZrA3HBLeasgcEzlwiqzuxQdo6CJ3GeSTKvf0yWIJl-a_FJ1E-HRSZgaepLcCHf

We had a few beers as well.

2hx9HvmdJFvOuJDqSaCKVoWSJw_hQ2cNDdCbi6l8jrhz0wCPLdvjxXPiH8srQxO2n2qt3qXU6v_7j-pBqSLxbH-1i79gaxVoMeh55ltFSKIN5Y07Av-3VMTTjfm6DpUqH3G5Fw8L

And had a nice quiet time in the DVC Member Lounge

f_kKVWzy8igg5N-uPaIHG6Lo2nZbgja4D-iFDnqXNEriK2KdVCMd3Y1a7Ev1v_tosXQqLcNMEDaY_Alq63u_7A3AictJugOV62WFOaSZMLpAnS0zY__WczCufUifqTKM62ly9U0E

But...the most fun this week was my volunteer stint at the Food and Wine Mini Marathon! It was my first time as a volunteer, so my first time to see the Volunteer pick up at the ESPN Wide World of Sports! The Expo was there as well, and a separate pick up for the race bibs. I had never seen ESPN, so that in itself was amazing!

0jfhfLzlVcz3AtEOrNtZh5K_0ltCqJWfaq4e5z4svtnVdccV3nyHKZ8QIuU0V9WvTX26mgdyGQxak0_bxjaXpd-tEyexXptV17NNiMWCbJqgB5usDPbdpnXBsAIc3WMxbaQPM0ve

0qNQbpd3Ka3MN0uGiGcUrzMomox_2_9Hn2bpU8KaV2wTRnQsm1Bt8l0IShR8iieUvHBmxmJCqw0GOkQ69K8NKec1pE112WnJ8jfqgntRVlxifajqJKF7Hpn2NFoyWpNM-VMrsgs9

eCe05F85Lt16XRK3Vcn2tsU-WMII3IRXo5IUEMb7766hjs_U85Kk02bgPjIAIyAgLrhImJbyxY6goqKY3rATwz1ZmxigLB5K4lb_LXB6oSHBTNKKTRIZJdtvQTBAlN8zMwgyTW9Q

My shift started with check in at ESPN at 4 a.m., I got my shirt and snack, then got on bus #13 and headed to Animal Kingdom where I was a Course Monitor. I got to watch all the runners go by and cheer them on and direct them to stay on the course. It was great! I have run in some mini marathons, but never volunteered! I also enjoyed the people cheering runners on, so to be the spectator was different. Did I have runner’s envy? No, not really!!!!!

I didn’t take any photos of the actual race, it just didn’t seem like I should, I was working! Next time I think I will. The costumes were so great!

I was done by 9 a.m. I met a lot of nice people who volunteer for every event. I am signed up for more shifts at the Marathon in January and I hope to get signed up for the Princess, I have some friends running in that!

Heh, heh ... even w/out the caption I would have understood the significance of this photo. We might have to take the same on our next visit, very soon! LOL
I know! I wish my husband had been here enough to get one, but my daughter did!!!!

I’m having lots of company! So far, my alone time has consisted of 2 nights! I have had visits from 2 cousins, a daughter and my husband. So, again, my mantra is, there will be plenty of time for that....

I am getting a work routine going, and to my delight, a work out routine! I found out that my apartment includes a personal trainer, so I am getting workouts from him! I am mostly plugged in to work from 7-5 with some breaks for breakfast, lunch, walks or jogs. Occasionally I take a shopping break, but so far, no daytime park breaks. Eventually when I get caught up, I hope to explore the idea of taking my computer to a beautiful location and working from there.

Last night though, I met my cousin at Disney Springs for a Whiskey flight at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin Restaurant. It included 3 types of whisky, we chose the Jameson's cask, Tulleamore Dew, and a local one, another local whisky from a local distillery and a beer chaser, Funky Buddha!

s8R4LTUeQVZhGvs2as4O_5RT4uaV_NlMCUxcogu1LWg1F8afqbeq5x41ncy_UjK8cNXmXIEFVABGAwgzDy4nPjAGz2RTlUHQvZEBzPEVJlZ8BDz2f_KDg1Y-UmIKbOgvCzdSZyHo

Also had yummy Chicken biscuit sliders.

Stopped in Edison’s, a cool Speakeasy,

kNX43HcLEeNKPKFl1S3o8WOzg35NU5GKNJzXKYOgKyTvf53O8snrz8-RlNzAKR6oIJzHhaTPIr4GtcUeQGVEKt1SFMhJWeDYDDbeJW-T85hK5bBk_5mUnhv_hYHoSEYe71kEhXAm

And watched a mother daughter dance complete with neon hula hoops!

aoCKEQVkJAtQZNXYEuEY1mi746ZRnSF70bsxhp9yMAbnRd8i_CXdgIsL4AtOJITQRRQKg_71lPZLMJdXv5X3CcFn_DYI1tEbTtQY0EUcBpKJsGqmSZID5IOmES09fnzLsNoDCsr0

I wish my photos were better from this, it was super entertaining! Ha I was home in bed by 9 though...my cousin was tired and so was I!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!