Snow Whites' eyes, blue to brown, why?

In 1954, at age seven, I saw the original film version of Disney's 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. Snow White's eyecolor in the movie was BLUE, I repeat, BLUE. PERIOD. END OF STORY. .

Thanks for the "facts" because we all know how exact your memories of 20/30/40 years ago are :rolleyes2

Thanks for the "facts" because we all know how exact your memories of 20/30/40 years ago are :rolleyes2

Aside from the fact that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was actually released in 1937, it was 17 years later that they saw it...so I doubt it was technically the "original" film - and if it was, the colors could have faded. ;)

In 1954, at age seven, I saw the original film version of Disney's 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. Snow White's eyecolor in the movie was BLUE, I repeat, BLUE. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
Walt Disney's first animated feature, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, was released in 1937 and re-released theatrically in the United States in 1944, 1952, 1958, 1967, 1975, 1983, 1987 and 1993. For each release, new prints were made from original masters (Technicolor or internegative).

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was not shown in U.S. theaters in 1954.

Bottom line is I don't think any of us has any way to figure out which is the true original color.... We can all agree that it's a Disney Classic tho

Bottom line is I don't think any of us has any way to figure out which is the true original color.... We can all agree that it's a Disney Classic tho

Well, actually we do (at least as far as Disney's Snow White). Just look at the many surviving pieces of original artwork that were used to produce the film...brown eyes.

Well, actually we do (at least as far as Disney's Snow White). Just look at the many surviving pieces of original artwork that were used to produce the film...brown eyes.

Why can't we know? The movie and original artwork to create the movie exist. Filmmakers restore they don't change. Memories change and can even be altered. And obviously all other mediums: subsequent books, paintings, or whatever are not authoritative, they are derivative. I would trust the film itself.

Well, the Ask Dave column is still active on the D23 side of things, so I asked if Disney ever produced or authorized material where her eye color was blue.

Everybody is making a fuss about an Illustration that gives Snow White Blue Eyes, I've seen old kids books that used to make Wendy from Peter Pan a blonde instead of a Brunette. I'm pretty sure they are brown eyes.

The movie cels fromSnow White show her with brown eyes. She was my favorite princess because she was a brunette with brown eyes like I was. C

doconeill said:
Well, the Ask Dave column is still active on the D23 side of things, so I asked if Disney ever produced or authorized material where her eye color was blue.

Why did you do that!? He might give us a definitive answer and then what will we argue about? Oh wait, we could argue about if he's right, if he REALLY answered, or about whether or not he is part of the Illuminati's Brown eyed Snow White conspiracy! :)

P.S. Arguing about the color of Snow White's eyes has to put us all in the top 10 of, "You might be a Disneyholic if..." :)

I would watch Snow White everyday as a child. I am not kidding it was my favorite movie. I was always disappointed that I could not fully relate to her because her eyes were blue and mine were brown. When I recently watched the VHS I couldn’t even keep watching because it was so weird to see her eyes brown.

I hate being "that guy" given this thread is almost graduating from college...but something reminded me of this thread, and the fact that I asked "Ask Dave" way-back-when. I don't know when it got answered, but it did:

A: Snow White’s eyes in the original film were brown. It is possible that in later uses—movie posters, books, merchandise, etc.—that she might sometimes have been given blue eyes.

Dave Smith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!