Snow tubing near Disneyland?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
We thought it may be fun taking the kids for some snow fun (like tubing or sledding) while we visit Disneyland end of this month. I've read that some of the nearby mountains offer that. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it and would recommend. Thanks!!

It's not something I'd recommend to a tourist. The weather this time of year can be unpredictable and a storm can ruin your ability to drive up there, AWD or chains may be required depending on conditions, you'd need to bring along cold weather/snow gear like boots, gloves, coats, etc. I mean, it is possible, but would require a lot of planning and extra packing. Big Bear and Mountain High are where most people go, and they are each about a 2 hour drive from Anaheim.

It's not something I'd recommend to a tourist. The weather this time of year can be unpredictable and a storm can ruin your ability to drive up there, AWD or chains may be required depending on conditions, you'd need to bring along cold weather/snow gear like boots, gloves, coats, etc. I mean, it is possible, but would require a lot of planning and extra packing. Big Bear and Mountain High are where most people go, and they are each about a 2 hour drive from Anaheim.

Great points! Thanks - appreciate it!

If you would like to go, though, Big Bear would be a good place. There is a nice little town, as well as ski slopes. If it's not snowing then it's an easy drive. (Hwy 18 is the fastest route, but there was a landslide, and so you'd need to take one of the other routes. Here's a link to nearby areas. Please feel free to ask questions.

Ten spots for sledding/snow tubing near LA

Snow play near LA

If you would like to go, though, Big Bear would be a good place. There is a nice little town, as well as ski slopes. If it's not snowing then it's an easy drive. (Hwy 18 is the fastest route, but there was a landslide, and so you'd need to take one of the other routes. Here's a link to nearby areas. Please feel free to ask questions.

Ten spots for sledding/snow tubing near LA

Snow play near LA

Thank you so much! Would definitely check weather conditions to make sure we wouldn't need chains!

Thank you so much! Would definitely check weather conditions to make sure we wouldn't need chains!

Just know that anytime there is a heavy rain coming for CA, in February it almost always means snow in the mountains and impassable roads in the days immediately after the storm. So, pay attention to the RAIN forecast for Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter