Snacks

ashleyann31

Thankful for Phoenicians
What are your favorite snacks to bring into the parks for your kids (and, let's be real, yourself too)?

We bring goldfish, pretzels, fruit snacks, granola bars, peanut butter crackers, cheezits and dum dum suckers. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with carrying anything perishable because of the added weight of icepacks. But I know some people will bring in a cooler. I am the one that ends up with the back pack most of the time and we already have extra changes of clothes for our two littles, autograph books, sunscreen, battery operated fans, etc in there. We eat either QS or TS lunch/dinners and have breakfast in the room so last time I found myself often overpacking snacks the first few days. By the last few days of our trip, I only packed a morning snack for everyone and didn't have tons of options. If they were hungry, they ate what we had. And we always got free water from QS versus bringing water bottles in for everyone. Then we would either go back to our room for the afternoon or the few times we were still in the park, we would get mickey ice-cream bars or something like that as a treat.

Trail mix and ProBars are our go-to's, but you need to watch the heat for these. If its crazy hot and we don't want to lug a cooler, we eat a good breakfast, and plan an early lunch. Later when its cooler we'll get an ice cream, or popcorn and lemonade.

I made a ton of character shaped gummies and suckers and brought thrm along because it was far cheaper than buying the character shaped snacks at the parks. We also brought baggies of goldfish and Froot Loops. I also brought some salty mixed nuts to keep up sodium levels and peppermints for low blood sugar as I have issues with both. Peppermint also helps with upset stomach which happens a lot with all the walking in the heat and eating out so much.

We try to bring things that balance fun with healthy. We avoid a lot of processed food at home and I learned early that if we take a 10 day trip and let the kids eat all sorts of things they aren't use to, they end up feeling awful. (Yes my toddler was projectile vomiting while my husband was wearing her in the Ergo... And yes she almost hit the big gingerbread house in the American pavilion in Epcot. It was 6.5 years ago but some things are hard to forget!!)
We bring apple sauce pouches, little boxes of raisins, little packs of almonds, kashi strawberry cereal bars, fruit leather. Pretzels and goldfish sometimes too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter