Snack Attack! I need to perfect my list of must-tries...

jade'nsuch

Mouseketeer
I genuinely had no idea where to plop this post, so I settled on what I would consider the "home board" (honestly, its just my personal favorite board lol). I do apologize to any moderator this causes problems for. Anyways, I've just spent the day reading the menu and staring at the food pictures for F&W and I am SO. EXCITED! I, and honestly probably my trip sister and mom, have pre-picked our snacks and we cannot wait to get there and FINALLY eat everything! Now for a list of the things I want to try:
  • roasted duck bao bun from China
  • black pepper shrimp and garlic noodles from China
  • loaded Greek nachos from Greece
  • taste of Greece... from Greece
  • grilled tuna tataki with seaweed salad from Hawaii
  • warm Indian bread with dips, madras red curry, and korma chicken from India (yes, everything lol)
  • spicy roll from Japan
  • the kefta pocket and hummus fries from Morocco
  • seared shrimp and scallop cake from Thailand
Ok, so seeing it in print doesn't look too bad, except for the fact that I put all the Indian dishes together so I would feel better haha. Anyways, please, feel free to share your opinions on my choices! Let me know if there is something I should absolutely try or if one of my choices is maybe notoriously terrible. Obviously, my list doesn't factor in the "wine" part of F&W, thats a list we don't have time for, but feel free to make suggestions on that, too!

Last edited:
The duck bun is good. Great choice to get if you'd never had it before .

Everything from Greece sounds amazing and I can't wait to try.

And that shrimp and scallops cake is something I will need to try .

Oh my gosh. Your list is SO much shorter than mine. Now I feel like a piggy. And most of my list is dessert options too. Oh well, if they have to roll me out of world showcase and to the bus, so be it!

Oh my gosh. Your list is SO much shorter than mine. Now I feel like a piggy. And most of my list is dessert options too. Oh well, if they have to roll me out of world showcase and to the bus, so be it!
Oh nooo this is just the beginning of mine lol! I know my trip moms list will have all the sweets so I didn't even bother with those haha. But if we're being honest, I want to try EVERYTHING! Our goal this trip is to get out of our food ruts. We'll get pretzels and churros and Dole whips, but we've all agreed we need to branch out!

We'll be the piggy brigade! Because we will not be made to feel shame for our lists haha and let's be real, the snack sizes are tiny so really it's not a whole lot.

What's the top thing you want to try?

The duck bun is good. Great choice to get if you'd never had it before .

Everything from Greece sounds amazing and I can't wait to try.

And that shrimp and scallops cake is something I will need to try .
I've not tried any of the things on my list so I'm glad to hear the duck bun is good! It's usually so hot by the time we make it to the showcase so I don't feel like eating, but heat be darned! I'm going to try things this year if I have to crawl through the showcase to do it lol

My top drink priority is the Dragon Berry Refresher at the Refreshment Port. I just can't decide on the top food priority, but looking at my list only about 4 things are NOT dessert. Yep. I'm going to gain 20 pounds on this 4 day trip. My trainer will kill me, but I don't care. Now that I have my list, I have to send a list to my former students who work at Disney so they can go try some of my questionable items first. This may help narrow my list (or add to it when they suggest things I passed on.)

My top drink priority is the Dragon Berry Refresher at the Refreshment Port. I just can't decide on the top food priority, but looking at my list only about 4 things are NOT dessert. Yep. I'm going to gain 20 pounds on this 4 day trip. My trainer will kill me, but I don't care. Now that I have my list, I have to send a list to my former students who work at Disney so they can go try some of my questionable items first. This may help narrow my list (or add to it when they suggest things I passed on.)
That drink sounds delicious! I've got my eye on anything of the slushy quality lolol but I love your method! I like the guinea pig idea, I'm stuck to reading reviews on the boards, blogs, and instagrams haha I just so ready to go! 29 more days until we head down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter