Smuggler's Run Single Rider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faldred

DIS Veteran
Does Smuggler's Run run a single-rider line, and if so, how much time will that save?

I plan on getting to DHS pre-rope drop to get in a boarding group, but I'm traveling solo on this trip so I'm trying to plan my park days around being able to take advantage of single-rider when possible.

I couldn't get a SDD FP (though I'll keep checking) so my tier 1 FP is TSMM at around 11:15 am. (Burner FP for Frozen sing-along at 10, Star Tours at 12:30 for my others).

So, my basic plan is: go straight to Slinky Dog at rope drop then try to hit Tower of Terror and use single-rider at RnRC before doubling back for my TSMM and Star Tours FPs and then head over to SWGE. Obviously, all plans go out the window for replanning depending on when my boarding group gets called (and the nitty gritty of the plan will depend on if/when they move park opening back from 9am to earlier).

But the meat of the question remains: does Smuggler's Run use single rider, and how long of a wait should I expect for early afternoon using single rider?

Last edited:
Excellent! Thank you!

That makes planning my DHS day... well, I don't know about "easier", but maybe more efficient. 8-)

Sounds like most single riders on SR end up as engineers.... not sure if that make a difference to you. I have read about a few outliers where someone gave up their coveted pilot seat for a first time rider, but from reading these boards it’s few and far between.

Does Smuggler's Run run a single-rider line, and if so, how much time will that save?

I plan on getting to DHS pre-rope drop to get in a boarding group, but I'm traveling solo on this trip so I'm trying to plan my park days around being able to take advantage of single-rider when possible.

I couldn't get a SDD FP (though I'll keep checking) so my tier 1 FP is TSMM at around 11:15 am. (Burner FP for Frozen sing-along at 10, Star Tours at 12:30 for my others).

So, my basic plan is: go straight to Slinky Dog at rope drop then try to hit Tower of Terror and use single-rider at RnRC before doubling back for my TSMM and Star Tours FPs and then head over to SWGE. Obviously, all plans go out the window for replanning depending on when my boarding group gets called (and the nitty gritty of the plan will depend on if/when they move park opening back from 9am to earlier).

But the meat of the question remains: does Smuggler's Run use single rider, and how long of a wait should I expect for early afternoon using single rider?
I rode twice on single rider when the standby by was 200 min. Took about 15-20 min. Got engineer both times.

Thanks for the info - and caveat.

It's a whirlwind trip for me, so I'll accept the less optimal engineer position as a price to pay for making sure I get a chance to do as many new things as possible in the short amount of time I'll have.

As a family, I got to do right-seat pilot the first time. Later in the evening, we did single-rider line, and I was assigned Engineer. That's fine with me going forward because VR rides make me a little queasy, and I can just concentrate on pressing buttons.

I rode SR on Saturday. Stand-by posted at 50 minutes. I was out of the ride within 30 minutes of entering the single-rider queue. They picked 6 people from our single-rider line to fill the Falcon. Not sure why. But I got to be the pilot even in the single-rider line. Lucky me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter