Smoothie recipes needed!

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My sister bought me a smoothie maker for Christmas as we always rave about the wonderful smoothies we have in Florida - but I really don't have much idea about what to make so any recipes would be gratefully recieved, and do the smoothies have to be drunk immediatly or are they ok kept in a flask to take to work etc. Many thanks :flower1:

I don't have a specific 'recipe', just kinda eyeball the ingredients. I use either milk or pineapple juice for the base, depending on whether I'm in the mood for creamy or frosty.
I think the one 'secret' I have is to use frozen fruit. Then you don't need ice. I take leftover bananas, cut them up and freeze them and use frozen berries or peaches.
I use honey as a sweetener, but I'm planning to try Splenda next!
I add the liquid, then mix the fruit and adjust to get the consistency I want. More liquid if it's not spinning well or more fruit if it needs to be thicker!

Mango Smoothie

½ c mango, peeled & diced
½ c plain nonfat yogurt
crushed ice
brown sugar
sprig of fresh mint to garnish (opt)

Place mango, yogurt and ice in a blender or food processor and whirl away. Taste a spoonful to see if it is sweet enough for you. If not you can add brown sugar and mix again. Pour into glass and garnish with a mint sprig if desired.

Orange Julius® Strawberry-Banana Classic Smoothy®
from Top Secret Recipes
½ c orange juice
3 Tbl pasteurized egg white or egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla
¼ c sugar
¼ c milk
¼ c coconut syrup (such as Coco Lopez)
¼ tsp almond extract
2 ripe bananas, medium-sized
10 oz frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
3 c ice

1. Combine all ingredients except banana, strawberries, and ice in a blender and blend on high speed for 15 seconds or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add banana, strawberries and ice and blend until ice is crushed. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, add a straw and serve. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

Makes 2 regular-size drinks.

I got these from the Newman's Own Website:
Lemon-Aided Strawberry Smoothie

2 c Stonyfield Farm Nonfat, Lowfat or Whole Milk Vanilla yogurt*
2 c Newman's Own Old Fashioned Roadside Virgin Lemonade,
2 c fresh strawberries
2 bananas
4-6 ice cubes

Combine yogurt, lemonade, fruit and ice in a blender. Blend at a high speed until fruit and ice is finely chopped. Serves: 4-6

Iced Berry Bash Smoothie

1½ c Stonyfield Farm Nonfat, Lowfat or Whole Milk Plain yogurt*
1½ c Newman's Own Old Fashioned Roadside Virgin Lemonade
1½ c frozen mixed berries

Combine yogurt, lemonade and fruit in a blender. Blend at high speed until fruit is finely chopped. Serves: 4-6

Banana Mango Tango Smoothie

1 c Stonyfield Farm Nonfat, Lowfat, or Whole Milk Plain yogurt*
1½ c Newman's Own Old Fashioned Virgin Roadside Lemonade
2 ripe bananas
1 ripe mango (peeled & cubed)
2 Tbl pure vanilla extract
4-6 ice cubes

Combine yogurt, lemonade and fruit in a blender. Blend at high speed until fruit (and ice) is finely chopped. Serves: 4-6

*For a delicious frosty treat, substitute the yogurt with 1 cup of Stonyfield Farm Organic Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt and omit the ice.

This is the recipe DD and I use....1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 cup of milk and any kind of fruit you enjoy! However, I agree with chimera, use frozen fruit, it works soooo much better. My favorite is banana/strawberries and DD's favorite is peach...I also do make mine in the morning and put it in an insulated cup and bring it to work as my "breakfast drink"...we have left some in the fridge for the day, but it does not look so appetizing to drink later in the day...Good luck and have fun experimenting!

Here's Mine Contribution To you smoothie Recipes Collection.
To make the Nutty Banana Smoothie 1/8 cup of almonds will need to be pulsed in a food processor until they are a fine ground. In the blender put 1/2 cup of almond milk. If a slushy consistency is desired from the smoothie the almond milk can be froze in an ice cube tray and once frozen pop them out of the tray and put into the blender. Next slice up a really ripe banana and put into the blender. Now add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter and then add the ground almonds to the blender. Press pulse or puree on the blender until the smoothie is a creamy consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

I have a blentec, which pretty much does the same thing.We used it a lot (few times a day) the first couple months we got it, but now we don't use it as much (few times a month).
blendit tv

To make any smoothie really healthy, add Kale or spinach, plus a little bit of fresh ginger. You'll never taste the greens and the ginger will add a little zing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!