Smoking & stroller wagons banned May 1!

I’m not sure if it’s what you’re talking about, but our stroller of choice over our double Bob is the chariot...it’s a bike trailer but converts to a stroller. Just easier with multiple little kids. I was going to post a pic but I can’t get it to work. Anyway, according to my measurements it’s right at 31x43 so we’ll see on our next trip I guess.

I have a double BOB. It’s pretty big. But still have half an inch to spare on the width.

Interestingly, yesterday I saw someone with one of those things you attach to a bike... it fit two kids side by side. I’ve never seen one used like a stroller before.

I have not seen a good description as to where there the "designated smoking area" now located outside of security at Harbor is. Can anyone elaborate? Also wondering if where it is located now means that the pedestrians from the various hotels on that side now have to walk through a highly congested smoke filled area?

I have not seen a good description as to where there the "designated smoking area" now located outside of security at Harbor is. Can anyone elaborate? Also wondering if where it is located now means that the pedestrians from the various hotels on that side now have to walk through a highly congested smoke filled area?

I am wondering where that is as well. Last weekend, the smoking area seemed to be just off to the side of the security check, by the hedge row. Everyone just gathered there smoking, leaving butts all over the ground at that spot. I myself had a cigarette with everyone else doing it, but made sure to throw my butt away in the trash.

As for others coming into the park, yes, if they came in on that side, they had to walk through a large cloud to get to the park.

We witnessed a mother and her young son try to jump from the single rider line at RSR into the Fast Pass line, which was moving faster and was shorter at that time. Luckily a CM caught them and sent them back to single rider. Makes me shake my head.

More on topic, we were there during the week of the switch to the new rules. Perhaps we were more conscious of looking, but we noticed no wagons around on May 1, but sure saw a lot of them in the days leading up. We spoke to a CM at security and light heartedly "wished them luck" the morning of May 1. They laughed and said they had been trying to warn people with larger strollers of the upcoming change and how their equipment might not comply.
Which is why I loved when they had the second scanner at the merge points. It forced people to be honest because if they jumped the SR line at RSR when they went to scan their ticket at the second scanner they would be caught. I guess maybe they think it takes too long?

Which is why I loved when they had the second scanner at the merge points. It forced people to be honest because if they jumped the SR line at RSR when they went to scan their ticket at the second scanner they would be caught. I guess maybe they think it takes too long?

I can see that. There's usually congestion at the entrance to the FP line, and if they are unaware of having to scan a second time, you'll have a backlog of people fishing out their phones/tickets again.

I am wondering where that is as well. Last weekend, the smoking area seemed to be just off to the side of the security check, by the hedge row. Everyone just gathered there smoking, leaving butts all over the ground at that spot. I myself had a cigarette with everyone else doing it, but made sure to throw my butt away in the trash.

As for others coming into the park, yes, if they came in on that side, they had to walk through a large cloud to get to the park.

We were in the parks from Sunday to Wednesday. The designated smoking area is located to the right side of the security checkpoint. There were 3 garbage cans with ashtrays on top of them. They are located on the side where the #7, 8 &9 etc. Art buses load.

Never smelled any sneaking smoking while in the park but saw someone have their vape pipe or whatever it's called almost taken. Security told the woman she could remove and throw away the cartridge, or take it back to her car. She asked to talk to a supervisor because 'she was staying at the hotel and wanted it sent to her room'. Didn't stay around to see the outcome.

Then while waiting for my friend to come through the 'no bag line' this Einstein pulls out a vape thingie just past the metal detectors and proceeds to smoke the thing!! I was livid! I mean, those of us who smoke are abiding with the rules, so people like that will make it so that there will be no smoking whatsoever on Disney property!!

Oh, never saw any jumbo wagons, but got to the point of eyeballing stroller widths and thinking 'ohhhh that's definately out side the box"! We made a game out of it...lol..
No stroller check by security.

And thus are my observations while at the parks this week.

Used the last day of our SoCal tickets yesterday, which was the first time since May 1st. We were on property from 7:30am until 6:30pm and only saw 1 Keenz wagon. I'll call that a win. I scanned the stroller parking every time I walked by. There were several borderline wide/long ones and also several kick boards for order children to stand on. I did not bring my measuring tape, lol.

The one I did see had a tag on it. I was a little concerned because at soccer on Saturday I saw a Keenz wagon with the Disneyland stroller=wheelchair tag, but it doesn't seem to be as common as feared. I have a friend that uses a cane when she does heavy walking and has one of those tags on her child's stroller. I would hope people aren't able to get that tag on a Keenz since they could use ANY stroller for support. It's one thing if the disabled or seriously ill child needs the space (which I can see in certain circumstances), but not for the pusher. I'm curious to know how City Hall or Guest Relations are dealing with it.

FWIW, I’ve only smelled smoke once in the park since the ban. We were leaving so I think someone was smoking in the picnic area just outside of the DL gates. But I sat in the former smoking area by Big Thunder yesterday and not once did I see anyone try to sneak a smoke. Hmm. Sneak-a-smoke. Sounds like something that will be pitched on Shark Tank soon;-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter