smoking policy question

Ms Chessire

Earning My Ears
Hi; Just joined. Planning a trip to WDW for summer of 2019 and have a question. Only one person in our party smokes but she only smokes vape pins. I've heard that if you are caught smoking in or any where around your on site property resort or in the parks you will be fined. I can't find any information about electronic ciggs and vape pins though. I know there are designated smoking sections for "real" smokers but they are few and pretty spaced out in the parks and far from your rooms at the resorts. I used to smoke a vape pin too as it was the only thing that helped me kick the 30 year smoking habit I had. I last visited WDW in 2012 and smoked my vape pin every where I went in the parks and no one complained then but we were staying off property at that time. I am finally free of smoking habits entirely but my daughter still needs her vape pin. So does any one have any information about this they might like to share?
Thanks in advance

Hi; Just joined. Planning a trip to WDW for summer of 2019 and have a question. Only one person in our party smokes but she only smokes vape pins. I've heard that if you are caught smoking in or any where around your on site property resort or in the parks you will be fined. I can't find any information about electronic ciggs and vape pins though. I know there are designated smoking sections for "real" smokers but they are few and pretty spaced out in the parks and far from your rooms at the resorts. I used to smoke a vape pin too as it was the only thing that helped me kick the 30 year smoking habit I had. I last visited WDW in 2012 and smoked my vape pin every where I went in the parks and no one complained then but we were staying off property at that time. I am finally free of smoking habits entirely but my daughter still needs her vape pin. So does any one have any information about this they might like to share?
Thanks in advance

Well, as others have said, vaping is also restricted to the Designated Smoking Areas in the parks. Vaping is not allowed anywhere that smoking is not allowed. Now, as far as I know you will not be fined if caught. A Cast Member will likely ask you to please not smoke or vape there and direct you to the nearest DSA. Unless someone wants to argue back with the CM, that's the extent of it. Of course, you should still please respect the rules.

By the way, welcome to the DIS and congrats on kicking your smoking habit. Hopefully your daughter can wean herself off of vaping as well. Have fun on your trip and feel free to ask any additional questions.

If you're concerned about the smoking area being far from your room at your resort, you can put in a request to be close to the smoking area when you make your reservation. No guarantees, but I'd guess it's a less common request and one more likely to be honored because of it.

The fines come into play in smoking in the hotel rooms. The parks will just send you to nearest designated smoking area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!