Smoking banned in Disney parks

1 in 3 adults in France smokes, but unless they are in their own home, it will be outside only.

I'm surprised by this stat. I'm French, and I would say that less than 5% of my friends are smokers. At my office, less than 10% people smoke.
Regardless, you need only one cigarette to smell it… and DLP is not doing their best to help ensure their Parks are smoke-free.

This will be a joke in Disneyland Paris if they try to enforce it. As it stands now the no smoking signs in the park are actually on the Ashtrays! It was amusing and appalling at the same time. The French/ Europeans simply smoked anywhere they wanted to...even next to the no smoking sign. It was truly "amazing".

This will be a joke in Disneyland Paris if they try to enforce it. As it stands now the no smoking signs in the park are actually on the Ashtrays! It was amusing and appalling at the same time. The French/ Europeans simply smoked anywhere they wanted to...even next to the no smoking sign. It was truly "amazing".

Please take the time to raise your voice at Guest Relations. Only this will make things evolve…

Please take the time to raise your voice at Guest Relations. Only this will make things evolve…

Didn't figure there was any point..... Guest Relations is obviously aware. Like I said the no smoking signs were actually ON THE ASHTRAY! LOL

Didn't figure there was any point..... Guest Relations is obviously aware. Like I said the no smoking signs were actually ON THE ASHTRAY! LOL

Management doesn't care. They have no plan of actually enforcing the non-smoking rule, and chose to keep the ahstrays in the Parks because they figured out it would be cheaper than to hire someone to actually clean the cigarettes on the floor.

That sign means: smoking not allowed, put out your cigarette in the ashtray.

You do not want cigarettes in a normal garbage can or throwing them on the ground.

That sign means: smoking not allowed, put out your cigarette in the ashtray.

You do not want cigarettes in a normal garbage can or throwing them on the ground.

On the other hand, no ashtrays in US parks, and no cigarettes on the floor.

On our last trip to DLP we saw a woman in the park (not in a designated smoking area), sitting in her child's stroller, smoking a cigarette while chatting to a cast member. The smoking there is just out of control.

On the other hand, no ashtrays in US parks, and no cigarettes on the floor.
Completely different culture. In the US there are many more smoking bans, inside and outside buildings, than there are here in Europe. Even before the smoking bans in the Disney parks, smoking was already frowned upon/discouraged. And the reason why mainly visitors from the US are surprised by the amount of smokers, and the lack of CM response, at DLP.

On our last trip to DLP we saw a woman in the park (not in a designated smoking area), sitting in her child's stroller, smoking a cigarette while chatting to a cast member. The smoking there is just out of control.

One nice tip if you're sensitive to cigarettes (I can relate): the outside terrace of the Victoria's Homestyle Cooking is smoke-free (this is enforced).

Completely different culture. In the US there are many more smoking bans, inside and outside buildings, than there are here in Europe. Even before the smoking bans in the Disney parks, smoking was already frowned upon/discouraged. And the reason why mainly visitors from the US are surprised by the amount of smokers, and the lack of CM response, at DLP.

Lack of CM response because nobody cares because nobody complains.

They couldn’t give a damn in Paris. They smoke where they want, when they want and give you a hard time if you dare tell them to stop. The only thing that’ll work there is a blanket ban that is enforced by removal from the park if ignored. It really is the worst aspect of the park, ruins the magic for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!