Smoking ban goes into effect at HH

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
Here is a link to a news story about the new ban on smoking at HH which goes into effect after midnite tonite.

Restaurants, bars and public facilties are covered under the new policy. Private homes and up to 25% of the rooms in a hotel are exempt. The Disney HH resort already has minimal "smoking optional" villas - far below 25%.

Here is the full article.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/story/6489273p-5777914c.html

Thanks for the information. This doesn't surprise me. I always remember a tour I took with Carol around the resort where she kept saying how the town fathers of Hilton Head are so concerned about not wanting the island to be "tacky" (according to her, one reason they initially objected to Disney's presence was that they saw it as "tacky"). I guess the town fathers decided that smoking was "tacky".

We had a post on the resorts board today that read as follows :

I am not sure if this was posted yet (I did a search and did not see it) but in the new DVC Vacation Magic magazine it is anounced that "all rooms at Walt Disney World Resort hotels will be non-smoking beginning in June."

Has anyone else gotten their copy of that yet to confirm?

From the news article:

...the bans are being challenged in court, and a Supreme Court showdown is likely on the horizon. A circuit court judge overturned Greenville's smoking ban last month....

This thread title may allow for some misunderstanding.

South Carolina producers are estimated to have harvested 22,000 acres of tobacco in 2006. This is a slight increase in acreage from 2005......The 2006 estimated tobacco production is 46.2 million pounds up 10% from 2005.

Local politics must be "interesting".

We are used to smoke-free restaurants here in DE and find it very pleasant dining out with the family. I'm glad to read that for our August trip to HHI we will also be smoke-free. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter