>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

So i dont smoke ciggs, but i do enjoy a nightly cigar. Last year we went to the poly, and it wasnt too bad to grab a drink, and then walk over to a DSA bench. The only real complaint was that it limits your cigar choice to a 1 drink length. It is honestly not a big deal as i only head over after family is bedding down for the night anyway.

The real question i had was around my next stay. I am heading to GF next June for a 2 week stay. I was excited reading that there was a balcony nearby to Mizner's to grab a drink, and go sit down for a cigar. I was curious if anyone else has done this in the evening, and if there are any unforseen hassles around it?

The second part of this question is that I heard Mizner's is getting a remodel, and if the answer to the above is "yes it is a great place to enjoy a great stick to wind down the day", will it still be that after the remodel?

i know it is a long shot, but there is very little info around this out on public boards.

The smoking balcony at GF that you refer to seems to be part of the remodel of Mizner's and is unlikely to remain a smoking area as it will be part of the extended bar.

anyone know where the DSAs are at the new riviera resort and at Wilderness lodge? thanks

I know, from recent experience, there is one at Wilderness Lodge on the Boulder Ridge Villas side just outside of the Train Room. Only room for 4 people to sit but it is shaded. :)

How prolific are the smoking areas at the Yacht Club? Heading there for a seven night stay in September next year and it would be handy to know where to go!

How prolific are the smoking areas at the Yacht Club? Heading there for a seven night stay in September next year and it would be handy to know where to go!
There’s a nice little covered patio overlooking the pool, right outside of Yachtsmen restaurant. It has comfy rocking chairs and plenty of ash trays.

I understand that many people find vape bad because when people use vaping devices the clouds seem much bigger than those created by smokers. However, I don't understand why vapers don't have their own DSA because they really don't want to be around smokers as many are trying to give up.

Also, could someone please tell me where the smoking areas are at ASM?

Also, could someone please tell me where the smoking areas are at ASM?
See blue squares on map https://www.kennythepirate.com/maps/walt-disney-world-resort-maps/all-star-movies-resort-map/

I personally don't expect anyplace that restricts smoking to a specific area of area to provide separate vaping areas. You can see ASMovies has only four. Making it more difficult for smokeless and vapers to locate their assigned areas will only encourage smoking anywhere.

Not a smoker myself, but looking at the floor plans for the upcoming Star Wars Hotel and its premise of a fully immersive experience, I was wondering how they would handle smoking. Will have smokers to descend to earth with the boarding shuttle / elevator to get outside at the arrivals area or will there be some kind of smoking lounge inside the "starcruiser"? Maybe in the "secret" engine room area :-)

I've never heard of or experienced an event like the SW addition. I'm just going to wait and see.

I'm a smoker and I love Star Wars, but at the end of the day, it's all about the Mouse with me. SW at Disney does not compute yet. Maybe someday.

I recall from last year the designated smoking area at AKL was way in the back of the pool near the playground / hot tub area. Know this because you got the disgusting smell as you got off the buses and neared the playground area while within the pool area, which I complained about. Literally the only negative about AKL. No idea if they changed this since last March.

I couldn’t find the option to start a new post. I was hoping there would be updates on the smoking areas at both the resorts and outside the parks since the reopening after the covid shut down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!