>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

Perhaps someone on the ground can first ascertain the actual, official location/s 's ASSports' DSA before the Moderators accept this direction?

just returned from all star sports. thur. night. there are 3 DSAs. 1 by the bleachers near the homerun pool. 1 by Mount Mickey (at the juncture of the hoops, tennis, and surf's up sections.). and 1 by the back door to the food court, nearest touchdown bldg. 10. there is NOT a DSA near the laundry bldg., near surf's up bldg 1.

so, just so everyone knows who is looking for the correct locations of DSAs at their resort: in post #1, if you click on "resort maps" and then on "all star sports" the map is incorrect.

Hi all! What are the rules for smoking on walkways outside the theme parks? I'm thinking specifically of walking from the Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios -- will my bf be able to smoke along the walk? I think he would enjoy it a bit more if he could.

So far I’ve found the DSA map on MDE to be accurate. I’ve been to POP, CR, HS, and Epcot.
It was not completely accurate for the Polynesian. There was a smoking area on the 2nd floor walkway at the Rarotonga building that was not on the map.

No, he will not. Smoking is only allowed in Designated Smoking Areas.

But it looks like there are designated smoking areas along (or near) the path, correct? That are technically DSAs for the Epcot area hotels? Luna Park pool, Ferris W. Eahlers, etc. Are these pretty far off the path?

But it looks like there are designated smoking areas along (or near) the path, correct? That are technically DSAs for the Epcot area hotels? Luna Park pool, Ferris W. Eahlers, etc. Are these pretty far off the path?

Oh, if there's a DSA along the path then yes he can stop there and have one. Your original post sounded like you were asking if he could smoke while actually walking the path which is no.

Oh, if there's a DSA along the path then yes he can stop there and have one. Your original post sounded like you were asking if he could smoke while actually walking the path which is no.

To be fair, that is what my original question was. I was all prepared to carry a bottle to collect the ashtrays (because I am that obsessive ex-cast member who wants Disney to be spotless).

But hopefully the DSAs along the way will be close enough that he can stop if he really has to.

Does anyone know about the status of the DSA that is right near the laundry room at Yacht Club? Is it still there, and is it right next to the "secret exit?"

Does anyone know about smoking at Fort Wilderness? We have a cabin for our trip and this resort is HUGE. If we can't smoke outside the cabin we will have to drive a golf cart to kingdom come just to get our disgusting habit fix. There are 4 of us and 3 of us are smokers. There is a grill at each cabin so I assume we should be able to have a cigarette in the same area as flaming charcoal? Please for the love of all that's holy, say yes!
Just keep in mind the fact that the cabins are very close to each other. Every time someone smokes, the families in the 3 or 4 cabins on either side of you will be subjected to the smoke.

I stayed at POFQ 2 weeks ago and requested a room based on the most convenient DSA listed on the map. I got the room I wanted, ground floor bldg 6, but there was no ashtray on the garbage can there. It never occurred to me until reading this thread that they may have gotten rid of that DSA. I smoked there every day and just made sure my cigarette was smashed totally out or dipped in a rain puddle before throwing it in the garbage can. Other people were not as considerate, as evidenced by all the butts laying on the ground. Anyway, just posting as an FYI that in front of bldg 6 may not be a real DSA anymore, but no one said anything to me about it either.

I stayed at POFQ 2 weeks ago and requested a room based on the most convenient DSA listed on the map. I got the room I wanted, ground floor bldg 6, but there was no ashtray on the garbage can there. It never occurred to me until reading this thread that they may have gotten rid of that DSA. I smoked there every day and just made sure my cigarette was smashed totally out or dipped in a rain puddle before throwing it in the garbage can. Other people were not as considerate, as evidenced by all the butts laying on the ground. Anyway, just posting as an FYI that in front of bldg 6 may not be a real DSA anymore, but no one said anything to me about it either.

Curious - was MDE still SHOWING this area as a DSA? If so, this again brings up the question: What is the AUTHORITATIVE source for DSA's?

Yes, it is in MDE as a DSA. I even stated in my room request fax that I wanted a particular bldg 6 room due to its close proximity to the DSA. They never informed me that it was no longer a DSA. I'm not sure if it still is or isn't....but there is no ashtray.
Curious - was MDE still SHOWING this area as a DSA? If so, this again brings up the question: What is the AUTHORITATIVE source for DSA's?

Near as I can tell there isn't one. I've spoken to Cast Members at Animal Kingdom who were legitimately confused as to where the DSAs were.

Yes, it is in MDE as a DSA. I even stated in my room request fax that I wanted a particular bldg 6 room due to its close proximity to the DSA. They never informed me that it was no longer a DSA. I'm not sure if it still is or isn't....but there is no ashtray.

I also like DantePD's post about CM confusion.... Lacking an authoritative source? Let's pick the best one we can get - ONLINE MDE.
I would move that if MDE shows a DSA? It's a DSA. After all the system could be updated within 6 hours (or less) by Disney, and competent IT staff.

When in doubt? Pull up MDE LIVE - SHOW IT to a CM, if they are confused. OR? WDW - pick SOMETHING as an authoritative source. Confusing us, and your employees, is not helping anyone :(. I too look for "Hints" - but "Hints"? Can't we do better than this?

Is there only two smoking areas at Wilderness Lodge? I looked at the map and it only shows 2 around by the villas only.

I am traveling with my S/O next week. He is a heavy smoker, like 2 packs a day. Where would be the closest place to buy cigarettes? I told him we should plan to buy a case before we leave. Will he have an issue taking them through TSA? We will not have a car. We will be relying on Disney transportation for the week.
TIA!!!

I am traveling with my S/O next week. He is a heavy smoker, like 2 packs a day. Where would be the closest place to buy cigarettes? I told him we should plan to buy a case before we leave. Will he have an issue taking them through TSA? We will not have a car. We will be relying on Disney transportation for the week.
TIA!!!

I would advise you to come prepared. There will be no TSA hassle, just pack them in your carry on. While cigarettes are sold behind the counter (and when asked for), they are limited in brand and very pricey. There are some places near Disney Springs and a Speedway Station behind the Boardwalk, but nothing truly convenient unless you are staying near these area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!