>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

At PoP it was closer that I would just walk out to the parking lot to smoke. I saw that AOA where we are staying this time is set up the same. Does anyone know if you can get in trouble for smoking in the parking lot?

I am enjoy a cigar usually at night by the small pools at OKW. In the smoking section.

Any recent WL or WLV guest out there that could tell me if the DSA behind the Trout Bar is still available? I know there will be construction in the area soon but was wondering if it was already closed as a DSA. :tink:

The Designated area behind the Castle was removed I believe in April. It was there last year. That was always a popular place to go.

Please Note: Smoking areas can change overnight. We experienced this at the MK in October of last year. The smoking area moved (from the previous day) from outside the Adventureland store and place where you used to get Dole Whips to the planters near the gates to Adventureland overnight. We wandered around searching for it. It wasn't there. As we left that park area, we spotted all the ashtray/trash cans around said planter. Each one was painted with "Designated Smoking Area".

I am going into detail here because CMs are not well informed about these overnight changes and we and others were ambushed by an overzealous CM who marched toward us with purpose and demanded we extinquish our cigarettes or face eviction from the park. She was adamant, forceful and rude and would not listen to our explanation of the change of location that took us 20 minutes to find. It was NOT changed on the map. I was startled and confused as were others there. It remains the one bad memory of my trip and I wish I had taken her name.

I witnessed it first hand and it happened exactly like you described, trespassing. I was at Beach Club hanging out on the balcony reading while my family was enjoying SAB and heard/saw the entire thing. Mom and Dad both smoking on the balcony and were told 3 days in a row not to. On day 4 Manager and Security came down and said they had to leave. Both refused saying they "paid their $400 per night to stay here and aren't leaving". Manager stated their Credit Card was refunded the previous night's rate and the next 4 they were booked for. They were not having any of it and refused. About an hour later Manager, Security and 2 Policeman come back with Police stating that they are trespassing and will have to leave. Again they refused. Officers stated if they don't pack up their stuff and go they will be arrested for trespassing. Again they refused. Mind you their are 2 kids about 6 and 7 there also begging the parents to leave, but no. The officers pleaded with them to pack up and go but after 45 minutes finally took Mom and Dad away in handcuffs while kids were crying. It really wasn't pretty.

That is horrible!!!! Poor kids. My hubby & I smoke (as weird as this is, him more than me. lol. I can wait hours and hours to smoke if I'm busy. Him on the other hand, smokes like a train.) Hoping I will be done with them before we go. I'm not sure about him cutting down as of yet, but he is good to go to designated areas.

I feel so bad for those kids and their magical experience was shattered.

We will have a smoker with us and I wanted to know what room request should we make for a standard room at Beach Club to be close to a designated smoking area?

I would word it just like that, "Close to smoking area". It's always best to describe what you're looking for.
From looking at the touring plans map for standard rooms it doesnt look like there are any close.

From looking at the touring plans map for standard rooms it doesnt look like there are any close.

I would not trust that at all. It is extremely inaccurate. I know there are standards very close to multiple areas.

I think one of the best resorts smoking areas is at Pop. One of their's (or at least last year) was overlooking the lake.

If it is still a DSA the best on to date is the fountain in Italy. You get to sit by a gorgeous fountain and take in the atmosphere.

I'm not a smoker but come from a family of smokers and was a CM. I was always polite to smokers and tried to find the best spots I could direct people to because I know some CMs can be so nasty to people who may not know they are doing anything wrong.

Is the smoking area at the All Star Music just an open area with benches next to the food court entrance? The last time we visited we stayed at POP, and it was like that. Smoke really bothers me, and I am hoping to be able to avoid the smoking area if possible.
If you look at the map of Music (link in Resort Maps in the original post) you can see that yes, there is a designated smoking area outside one of the entrances to Melody Hall. There appear to be multiple doors. Just don't use the one near the DSA.

Is the smoking area at the All Star Music just an open area with benches next to the food court entrance? The last time we visited we stayed at POP, and it was like that. Smoke really bothers me, and I am hoping to be able to avoid the smoking area if possible.

POP has moved that bench further away and no problem being outside eating without the smoke. If your staying in the 80s or 90s, depending on how you walk to eat you may pass the 2 benches. My experience is most resorts where you walk outdoors to get to food there is a smoking section annoyingly close however the moderates that have this, you don't see the same hanging out that you find in the values.

Last year there was a spot behind the castle that I loved...but I don't see it on the ap.

When I was there in sept it was an area you couldn't get too because of construction. Not sure if it will return after they are done. IIRC the crane is currently there (if it's still there).

I think one of the best resorts smoking areas is at Pop. One of their's (or at least last year) was overlooking the lake.

If it is still a DSA the best on to date is the fountain in Italy. You get to sit by a gorgeous fountain and take in the atmosphere.

I'm not a smoker but come from a family of smokers and was a CM. I was always polite to smokers and tried to find the best spots I could direct people to because I know some CMs can be so nasty to people who may not know they are doing anything wrong.
In 2012 I found the one you mean in Italy. There were even grapes growing next to it. I took several photos the spot was so lovely!

Facing the food court with the pool to your back, the smoking area is to the left as you are walking around the lobby to the parking lot. It is far enough away that you shouldn't smell anything if you leave the lobby or the food court.

Rules are rules. There is so much to enjoy about WDW. Having move to a specific location so as not to bother other guests shouldn't be all that big an inconvenience.

Now, what confuses me (and I don't know "vaping") is the ban in e-ciggs. Isn't what comes from those little more that flavored (or infused) water vapor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!