smell in the water

disneyhou

Earning My Ears
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in Nov. and loved the stay. But, the hot water in our room had a sewer like smell. We called maintenance and they insisted that they could not smell anything unusual. Has any body else experienced this? We are planning to go again in May, and I was wondering if this was just in that specific room, or resort wide.

You were probably smelling sulpher. The water in central Florida has a high sulpher content, which gives it somewhat of a "rotten egg" smell. It's perfectly safe to drink, however I don't like the taste and buy bottled water.

That said, I would certainly advise you to avoid the Zephyrhills bottled water, as it has the same skunky taste as the tap water IMHO.

Anne

Originally posted by disneyhou
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in Nov. and loved the stay. But, the hot water in our room had a sewer like smell. We called maintenance and they insisted that they could not smell anything unusual. Has any body else experienced this? We are planning to go again in May, and I was wondering if this was just in that specific room, or resort wide.

Disneyhou,
All I can say is Yuck!!! I've always found the water in Florida to be horrible. I always buy loads of bottled water for our room.

I guess Floridians are used to their water, hence maintenance not being able to smell anything. Although I must say, I don't ever remember smelling it in the shower or bathroom, just the drinking water.

We had a wonderful stay at the WL a month ago, and smelled nothing but 'florida water' which to me, doesn't smell like sewerage, but doesn't smell too nice either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter