SmallWorlds Player v Player Update

souper

DIS Veteran
This is copied and pasted from the SmallWorlds Blog. Thought it might be of interest to some of you still looking for player v player gaming.

V2.0 – Where are You? http://blog.smallworlds.com/2009/08/13/v20-where-are-you/

August 13th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

08132009-1kent.png

This is the question which has been most asked by the SmallWorlds community: V2.0, where are you?

The entire SmallWorlds team is keenly aware of your anticipation. It’s been a long wait. This release, far more than any other, has had deep coding implications which reached into the very fabric of SmallWorlds. Frustratingly for us (and you) many of these were simply unforeseen when we put out our ‘sneak preview’ article in late June. The work needed to complete the release grew and grew, and the team has been working really hard to finalize everything.

Now, a short word in your ear from SmallWorlds co-founder Darren Green:

08132009-2darren-thumb.jpg

Hi SmallWorlds citizens. What can we say, except we’re really sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. V2.0 will hit your home screens within the next two weeks (honest!) and I trust you will feel that the wait has been worth it. Again, my sincere thanks for bearing with us, and we appreciate you being a part of the SmallWorlds community. ~ Darren Green, SmallWorlds Co-Founder

Well there it is, straight from the top. V2.0, long awaited, much anticipated and almost, really, just-about-here. The release that has seen SmallWorlds developers go through more cups of coffee than the other three major releases combined, is due out within two weeks time. You’ll now be able to count the number of days till the V2.0 release on your fingers (and maybe a toe depending on when you’re reading this).
Just to get you re-warmed-up to what’s coming, we just wanted to remind you about two exiting parts of the V2.0 release that we know you’re going to love. Here’s Johnny Wilde to tell you about the new Game Arenas.

Player vs Player Gaming Arenas

08132009-3johnny-wilde.png

Hi citizens. Two games are being released with Version 2.0: Capture the Flag, and Run Zombie Run. I’ve been helping the developers test both of these games (yes, it’s hard to drag myself into work some days…) and I can tell you first hand that they’re both uber-fun!

Capture the Flag

The rules of Capture the Flag are simple - you’ve got to grab the other team’s flag and bring it to your base, without losing your own flag (your flag must be at your own base when you deliver your opponent’s flag). I’ve found a strategy that works well is for some of your team to guard your flag, while the others charge off to get the other team’s.
The game takes place in an amazing volcanic landscape. Here’s a shot of the Arena.

08132009-4capture-flag.jpg

Run Zombie Run

Run Zombie Run is set inside a spooky graveyard. The object of the game is to collect the skulls of your ancestors. The only way to carry a skull is to wear it - which turns you into a zombie! So while you’re staggering back to your base with zombie slowness, the other team get more time to try to stop you.

Here are two zombies staggering past each other - one from each team.

08132009-4capture-flag.jpg

And here’s a shot of a zombie getting blasted with one of the ultra-cool weapons coming out with the new release!

08132009-6zombies2.jpg

There will be more Arena games coming out after V2.0 - I’ll bring you more news about those as soon as I can. Keep your eyes peeled for more articles in the amazing new SmallWorlds Chronicle that’s also coming out with the new release.
Can’t wait to see you in the game arena!
~Johnny Wilde.

The “Landing Pad”

Definitely not just for new SmallWorlds citizens (but terribly useful if you’ve just signed up), the new Landing Pad will provide a comprehensive introduction to SmallWorlds for new players, as well giving a useful orientation point for more established citizens.

08132009-7landingpad-large.jpg

If you are new, it’s full of interesting and informative short videos to help you understand more about SmallWorlds; where to go and what to do.

08132009-8landingpad-basictraining.jpg

Take a seat on one of the comfortable sofas in front of the main TV screen and watch a short video which will give you a great overview of all the wonderful things there are to do here on SmallWorlds. From there, you’ll we invite you to visit the first of 6 stations, the first being Basic Training.

Each station has a number of missions connected to it, all of which are designed to assist you in getting the very best out of your SmallWorlds playing experience. Once you’ve made your way through all six, you’ll be a SmallWorlds expert par excellence! We’re sure that even well-established citizens will both enjoy and benefit from completing many of the Landing Pad missions. The 6 stations are:

* Basic Training
* Hang Out
* My Room
* Games
* Create
* Advanced Training

So there we have it citizens, the countdown to V2.0 is really on now. Sign on to our Facebook page (become a fan to receive updates) to receive updates leading up to the release. On the day of the release, when we take SmallWorlds offline to load V2.0, we’ll keep you updated regularly by Twitter feed on our home page so you know what’s happening hour by hour.

Before you go, please take a moment and vote on what you’re looking forward to the most - if you need a reminder of what’s coming, please refer back to the V2.0 sneak preview blog.

(There is a poll in the actual blog. Click here to to link to blog so you can cast your vote. )

What V2.0 feature are you most looking forward to?

Player vs Player gaming
The new "Landing Pad"
Challenges & Wagering
The Combobulator
All new "Create a Group" Function
The bigger, better SmallWorlds Chronicle
Bathrooms
Ability to "Theme" your space
Other:

Our thanks again for your patience. We know it’s been a long wait.
~ Kent Kronkite

I am using this player for a couple of months and really it is good player...
Everything is good and no viruses ..
it is highly recommended....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter