Slinky Dog Dash at Opening

Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hello!

A little bummed that I wasn't able to get a Slinky Dog Dash Fastpass 60 plus 4 days out. The plan now is to make the mad dash (see what I did there?) to get there right when it opens. I was looking to hear about peoples' experiences going on SDD at opening and wanted to hear and tips or tricks if anyone has them. Thank you!

If you rope drop and get to SDD and the line is still too long, maybe try at the end of the night. Get in line right before park closing and you will be allowed to ride. We did that last year and although the posted time was 65 minutes, we were on the ride in about 30 minutes.

If you rope drop and get to SDD and the line is still too long, maybe try at the end of the night. Get in line right before park closing and you will be allowed to ride. We did that last year and although the posted time was 65 minutes, we were on the ride in about 30 minutes.

This is our strategy, end of night, for quite a few of the hard to get rides. Last trip FOP had a posted wait of 90 minutes 15 minutes before closing. We pretty much walked through the whole Q and started the pre show.

I don't know how many people are in your party, but I was able to "pound the app" and get 3 fastpasses for SDD the day of this past Friday. I wanted to avoid the rope drop rush, and have been able to get both SDD and Flight of Passage same day by doing this method.

I don't know how many people are in your party, but I was able to "pound the app" and get 3 fastpasses for SDD the day of this past Friday. I wanted to avoid the rope drop rush, and have been able to get both SDD and Flight of Passage same day by doing this method.
Just curious, how does this work? Do you have to have already used all your fast passes before you can check for more?

Either use all 3 first, or modify 1 of the 3 fast passes that you currently have booked. It worked twice for Flight of Passage and once for SDD this weekend. It takes some persistence (it took me about 20 minutes) but it worked every time for me.

Either use all 3 first, or modify 1 of the 3 fast passes that you currently have booked. It worked twice for Flight of Passage and once for SDD this weekend. It takes some persistence (it took me about 20 minutes) but it worked every time for me.
Thank you for the idea! When you say it took 20 minutes, is that because you sat and refreshed for 20 minutes straight until one popped up to snag? This sounds like a good idea so I'm trying to figure out exactly what your strategy was.

Definitely don't give up on checking the app. I was able to snag 2 fastpasses for 11 am while waiting in line for Star Tours at 9 on my last trip. Just keep refreshing!

For SDD at rope drop - you really need to be there early and at the front of the crowd. And you need to keep up - stand your ground as the funnel narrows you into a line. This is an assertive crowd. I've done it twice - and it worked out both times - but I did not enjoy it either time. They do walk the crowd slowly - so it will not turn rowdy - but there's definitely folks bumping into each other (not intentional rude, but based on proximity).

For my next trip (before SWGE opens) - I broke down and bought the Early Morning Magic instead. My travel group would not handle this well.

I've yet to have luck with the FP constant trying - but others do.....

Be there at least an hour before park opening and get as close to the front of the RD crowd on Sunset. Different people will tell you to stay to the left or right side, both have advantages and disadvantages.
Keep an eye on your party and make sure everyone knows the drill. Please don't try to form a human chain because that causes some other issues as well. Move quickly and purposefully, but don't run. Be prepared for people to bump into you and to get hit by strollers.
Once TSL is in site, move to the right as you move forward and get in line. If the line for SDD is backed up outside of TSL by the time you get there, consider waiving off for TSMM or A2S, but sometimes this might be from queue movement and them starting to load people on.

Thank you for the idea! When you say it took 20 minutes, is that because you sat and refreshed for 20 minutes straight until one popped up to snag? This sounds like a good idea so I'm trying to figure out exactly what your strategy was.
That's what I did to get a FOP FP on 2 separate days after we exhausted our FP's at a different park. I would literally hit the modify button over and over and over...

If you try refreshing your app at about 2:31 pm day of, you should be able to snag something good ;)

Be there at least an hour before park opening and get as close to the front of the RD crowd on Sunset. Different people will tell you to stay to the left or right side, both have advantages and disadvantages.
Keep an eye on your party and make sure everyone knows the drill. Please don't try to form a human chain because that causes some other issues as well. Move quickly and purposefully, but don't run. Be prepared for people to bump into you and to get hit by strollers.
Once TSL is in site, move to the right as you move forward and get in line. If the line for SDD is backed up outside of TSL by the time you get there, consider waiving off for TSMM or A2S, but sometimes this might be from queue movement and them starting to load people on.
The hour before is in line at the tapstyles, not just going through security.
They are not kidding about the crowds being aggressive on the way to TSL.

Agree with continuing to use refresh on the APP for FPs, it does work.
Also consider going right before the park closes. SDD at night is amazing.

I find getting in a large crowd pressing forward with strollers etc anxiety producing. We did better going late in evening. Still a lot of people but not the press of people like at rope drop. The lighting throughout Toy story land is impressive at night. And it’s cooler at night which helps because of the lack of shade in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter