Slimming Thread

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Well every single year, I lose a pile of weight, only to put it back on again and then Im back to square one:crazy2:

So yet again I have started Slimming World in the hope to lose a few stone in time for Christmas this year.

Anyone else on a diet? any hints or tips, feel free to post them here!:thumbsup2

Well this is one thread Im joining in with.
Im the same Sue I lose it then pile it back on again. So Ive started today on a healthy eating plan - sort of following Slimming World.

im trying to cut out bread altogether if I can.

I also like some of The Hairy Bikers diet recipes

Well this is one thread Im joining in with.
Im the same Sue I lose it then pile it back on again. So Ive started today on a healthy eating plan - sort of following Slimming World.

im trying to cut out bread altogether if I can.

I also like some of The Hairy Bikers diet recipes

OOh welcome aboard Gill, I have also given up bread, my weigh day is going to be every Saturday morning. I have started walking to and from work as well these past couple of weeks and Im really enjoying it. Its about a 3.5 mile round trip if I go the quick way and a 6 mile round trip the long way. I try to do both a couple of times a week. I listen to a podcast on my walk and it clears my mind and gives me a great start to the day.:thumbsup2

I need to have a look at the Hairy Bikers recipes, dont think I have seen any.:goodvibes

Well Im taking 3 steps forward and 6 back right now on the Slimming front, I just dont seem to have any will power to follow a diet plan at the moment. I have however increased my exercise and Im walking back and forth to work now so Im covering about 6 miles a day which over 5 days is good going for me. I also feel a lot better in myself with the extra walking as I do suffer from Asthma, and its def improved my breathing:dancer:

Well doing quite well, lost 4.5lbs last week but that was after my 8th attempt to start:rotfl2:

Health wise though I have to do it, as Im feeling really uncomfortable so Im determined to stick at it this time.:goodvibes

Lost 22ibs so far since May and down 4.5% body fat. I'm not doing any set plan but following a programme called MPC which is mainly about an changing your lifestyle and getting active. I have gone from barely doing any exercise the past few years to doing 4 days of exercise routines, Zumba lessons and training to run the Disney World 10k in December. I have another 30ibs to lose which I'm hoping to lose before April when I go to Australia for my sisters wedding.

Well doing quite well, lost 4.5lbs last week but that was after my 8th attempt to start:rotfl2:

Health wise though I have to do it, as Im feeling really uncomfortable so Im determined to stick at it this time.:goodvibes

Well done and good start. Starting is always the hardest bit for me I often manage a day or two then give up!

8th attempt to start in a week???

I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable - I have a lot to lose (again!) but I'm not quite ready for a restart yet. However reading about your great loss in one week might help to motivate me. Well done to you Sue!!

Jackieleanne 22lbs is amazing! Good luck with the 10K.

Lost 22ibs so far since May and down 4.5% body fat. I'm not doing any set plan but following a programme called MPC which is mainly about an changing your lifestyle and getting active. I have gone from barely doing any exercise the past few years to doing 4 days of exercise routines, Zumba lessons and training to run the Disney World 10k in December. I have another 30ibs to lose which I'm hoping to lose before April when I go to Australia for my sisters wedding.

Well done thats amazing! Keep going :thumbsup2

8th attempt to start in a week???

I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable - I have a lot to lose (again!) but I'm not quite ready for a restart yet. However reading about your great loss in one week might help to motivate me. Well done to you Sue!!

Jackieleanne 22lbs is amazing! Good luck with the 10K.

Thanks Libby & No 8th time since the I last said I was dieting Libby about 3 months ago:rotfl2:Im hopeless honestly, but happy with my start last week, so I will report back this week:wave:Good luck for when you start!:thumbsup2

I will join you in the New Year!

Fantastic, I have now given up for Christmas, Im off to Vickis this year so Im planning on eating and drinking everything lol

I shall be back first week of January! See you then:thumbsup2

Im the same - given up now for Christmas.
Ive done quite well and lost about a stone since I started mid September but a few pounds creeped back on while I was in DLP 2 weeks ago and now Ive no chance of getting back on track til January

Im the same - given up now for Christmas.
Ive done quite well and lost about a stone since I started mid September but a few pounds creeped back on while I was in DLP 2 weeks ago and now Ive no chance of getting back on track til January

Wow, well done Gill thats amazing, have a fabulous christmas:santa::santa:

Right Im on track here, re joined Slimming World and had my first weigh in last Thursday and lost 6.5lbs:yay: Thrilled to bits with that, although Im aware the first week is normally a higher loss. My next weigh in is Thursday this week so I will report back.

I bought that new lo dough yesterday and made a pizza with it last night, it was amazing. Its not cheap £5 for two bases but I dont think thats any different to ordering a take away pizza.:thumbsup2

End of January weigh in lost 9.5lb. . Joined a new gym today -so I am off there tomorrow

How is everyone going?

End of January weigh in lost 9.5lb. . Joined a new gym today -so I am off there tomorrow

How is everyone going?
Wow well done hon! That’s amazing, I lost another 2.5lb last week but couldn’t go this week as I’ve been very poorly in bed all week with suspected pneumonia. Feeling a little better today so hope be weighing in next week, but not hoping for much as I’ve eaten rubbish the last couple days to get my strength up, but I’ll soon be back on it xx

Well last week was week 4 and I had been very unwell the week before, however it paid off as I lost another 5lbs, and got my 1 stone award, thrilled!!:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts