Slightly undercooked brownies question

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I made Triple chunk brownies this evening and DH took them out of the oven after 24 minutes. Recipe called for 28 minutes. I always under cook them because I like the gooeyness and not denselike or cake like brownies. We've never had an issue cooking this way and they are so yummy. Tonight's batch is just slightly less done than I have made in the past. Since I didn't remove them from the oven, I just now, two hours later looked at them sitting on the counter cooling.

So, can I just eat them like normal? DH thinks they should be microwaved.

I'm ready to just eat them...what do you all think???

Hi all. I made Triple chunk brownies this evening and DH took them out of the oven after 24 minutes. Recipe called for 28 minutes. I always under cook them because I like the gooeyness and not denselike or cake like brownies. We've never had an issue cooking this way and they are so yummy. Tonight's batch is just slightly less done than I have made in the past. Since I didn't remove them from the oven, I just now, two hours later looked at them sitting on the counter cooling.

So, can I just eat them like normal? DH thinks they should be microwaved.

I'm ready to just eat them...what do you all think???

Yes you can eat them...if you don't want them, send them my way!!! mmmmmmm

LOVE them that way, extra gooey goodness! I have worried about the raw eggs that go into the batter but never enough to not eat them, lol

LOVE them that way, extra gooey goodness! I have worried about the raw eggs that go into the batter but never enough to not eat them, lol

They were cooked for 24 minutes so I would doubt that the eggs were raw anymore LOL.

I always bake with pasteurized egg substitute. The baked goods end up having fewer calories and less cholesterol. Plus, you can safely eat the batter and underbaked cookies or brownies with no worries!:)

WE fight over eating the brownie batter when we make them so yes I would (and have) eat slightly undercooked brownies.

I have never thought to do this before they are making me drool here :rotfl:

I hope you went for it!!
My favorite thing to do with undercooked brownies is put them in the freezer! They turn practically into fudge!!

I always eat cookies half baked and teh egg in them has never hurt me, so I would assume the browines would be fine and very delicious!

Unless you're getting the eggs straight from the farm (and possibly even then), you really don't have to worry about raw eggs -- they're generally pasteurized.

Unless you're getting the eggs straight from the farm (and possibly even then), you really don't have to worry about raw eggs -- they're generally pasteurized.

Um, no they're not. I don't know where you got this info from.

Raw, WHOLE eggs can be contaminated by salmonella bacteria either on the shell, or inside the egg itself. Shell eggs are WASHED and the SHELLS undergo a sanitizing process before they are sold in the U.S.A., but the bacteria can be inside the egg yolk, if the hen is infected with salmonella in her ovaries.

There is a process for pasteurizing eggs, but it's not widely used. Since pasteurization uses heat, you cannot generally pasteurize whole eggs without cooking them.

This is from the FDA website:

Can Shell Eggs Be Pasteurized?

Shell eggs can be pasteurized by a processor if FDA approves the process. Pasteurized shell eggs are now available at some grocery stores. Like all eggs, they must be kept refrigerated. The equipment to pasteurize shell eggs isn't available for home use, and it is not possible to pasteurize shell eggs at home without cooking the contents of the egg.

OP, eat the brownies. As long as the internal temperature made it to 180 degrees, it's all good. The brownies need to get a bit hotter than that to "cake" and solidify, but 180 degrees is the temp needed to kill the bacteria, and chances are, your brownies made it to well above that temp.

Enjoy the gooeyness!

OP here...I ate them last night and I'm still alive today.:banana: I'll have even more later tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter