Sliding Glass Doors

jennyL

<font color=00cc00>Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!<br><fo
My MIL is in the process of closing on her new townhome and the main door she will be using is a sliding glass door. She has a rear detached garage that leads to a courtyard and then her sliding door.

Here's the question what kindof blinds can she put up? She is afraid that vertical blinds won't work since she needs to walk through them all the time. Does anyone have any other ideas or even pictures of something that might work?

Hi Jenny!

We have sliding glass doors for our backyard entry way (which is our main entry way to our carports)

Vertical blinds work perfectly fine in this situation. I would suggest getting the kinds that are connected both on top and at the bottom so that there's not much annoying swaying. We keep the blinds open half way most of the time and are fairly easy to open and close.

I don't have any pictures on hand, but I'll try taking some when I get back home.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I think she plans on keeping them closed when she's not home since its a townhome. for the ones attached at the top and bottom if its closed would the bottom pose a trip risk?

Not sure if this in the budget, but we just replaced our sliding glass door with french-style doors that have the binds in the glass. We found them at Lowes, but I know home depot has them to.

Not sure if this in the budget, but we just replaced our sliding glass door with french-style doors that have the binds in the glass. We found them at Lowes, but I know home depot has them to.

We thought of this too but being a new construction she has a warrenty for a year so we need something until thats up at least.

There is a new window treatment for sliders called Panel Track. Do a google image search and I'm sure you'll find them. Any dealer who carries verticals should know what I'm talking about. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter