skyliner from epcot to HS

drosenbe0813

Earning My Ears
From the map, it looks like a couple of transfers will be necessary to use the skyliner from epcot to HS. Has anyone timed how long it will probably take? Will it be more efficient than buses?

Thanks

There will only be one transfer at CBR. It's about 15 minutes from Epcot to CBR, then 6-7 minutes from CBR to HS. The system is significantly more efficient than the buses in terms of number of riders per hour, a full bus load's worth every couple minutes. It will depend on which side of Epcot you are in whether or not it would be faster to take the bus. If you are already in World Showcase, then it would likely be faster to take the gondolas. If you are in Future World, than a bus would probably be faster.

There's a new thread asking this about every 3 days right now.

Until it opens & reports start coming in its anyone's guess & you have a 50% chance of being correct.

You are comparing buses which leave from the front gate to the skyliner which leaves from the IG. So, depends on which you are closer to when trying to exit. Will depend on if a bus is waiting with no line to board or you have a half hour wait & so many people you can't get the first one (really unlikely for a park transfer). Will depend if you're there when skyliner first opens & its inundated with everyone giving it a go & they're experiencing glitches they're working out.

As you exit IG, if there's a boat to HS loading (3 stop route), it might be the fastest but you should be able to quickly assess the line for skyliner. Unlike buses, you can't check out line for both since different exits.

Some say walking is fastest, but I'm not interested in ADDING a walk to a park day.

We also have to wait for reports if bus service becomes less often as other transportation options are added.

Happy planning!

As someone staying at Skyliner resorts my next 2 out of 3 trips, I worry about people using the Skyliner for fun or to go park to park, and that making the Skyliner lines longer, but I completely understand it. Because if I was not already at a Skyliner resort, I would be dying to ride it around too. It looks sort of fun to do on a non park day, for example. We arrive the 29th and look forward to riding.

As someone staying at Skyliner resorts my next 2 out of 3 trips, I worry about people using the Skyliner for fun or to go park to park, and that making the Skyliner lines longer, but I completely understand it. Because if I was not already at a Skyliner resort, I would be dying to ride it around too. It looks sort of fun to do on a non park day, for example. We arrive the 29th and look forward to riding.
True, but we have to keep in mind that Disney transportation is provided for ALL WDW visitors, regardless of where they are staying. Resort buses are less likely to be used by non-guests, but the Skyliner will be more like the monorails and boats-- EVERYBODY will want to ride them at least once.

True, but we have to keep in mind that Disney transportation is provided for ALL WDW visitors, regardless of where they are staying. Resort buses are less likely to be used by non-guests, but the Skyliner will be more like the monorails and boats-- EVERYBODY will want to ride them at least once.
FWIW our boat captain from DHS to Epcot said you will need valid park admission to ride the skyliner - unclear if she meant just the park to park or any liner line. So if no park tickets but at boardwalk do dinner it didn't sound like a spin in Skyliner would be an option.

FWIW our boat captain from DHS to Epcot said you will need valid park admission to ride the skyliner - unclear if she meant just the park to park or any liner line. So if no park tickets but at boardwalk do dinner it didn't sound like a spin in Skyliner would be an option.

Yeah, I don't believe that.

Do they still have you show or verify park admission before entering the Ticket and Transportation Center? (I always thought it was a bad idea because guests should not be raising their hands holding tickets for fear of dropping and losing the tickets.)

If so then there may be a similar checkpoint prior to entering the Skyliner boarding alcoves at Caribbean Beach.

Did the boat captain also say that "the monorails are going to be extended next year to pass through two rectangular bricked in spots in the Swan and Dophin buildings that are just the size to be monorail portals"?

:)

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't believe that.

I don't either. The transportation CM's are notorious for spreading rumors & false information. From 'new' lands that are going to built to declaring 15 minutes after park closing this is the last bus to our resort so we should sit on each others shoulders while standing in the aisle & smash our bodies against the glass & doors in order to squeeze more people on.

That said, I don't see a tap in point to confirm park tickets to ride then again to enter a park. That's just it they are 'park tickets' not 'park & skyliner' tickets.

Though quite an interesting take to have security & ticket taps performed some distance away, then skyline directly INTO a park...hmmm. Maybe Disney could charge extra for this little feature & let the peasants not willing to pay enter through the regular gates.

Many locals & workers visiting the area do come in to shop & eat without visiting a park & often tour around...all on WDW transportation without a ticket.

Last edited:
Many locals & workers visiting the area do come in to shop & eat without visiting a park & often tour around...all on WDW transportation without a ticket.
Yeah I was surprised when she said need valid park admission to get on it. But I can see it being limited to resort or ticketed guests only if here’s a huge demand. We will see if the demand is there.

Yeah I was surprised when she said need valid park admission to get on it. But I can see it being limited to resort or ticketed guests only if here’s a huge demand. We will see if the demand is there.
It can handle 3500 people per hour one way. That’s about 44 buses or 11 monorails per hour. There was is no demand that will overwhelm that sufficiently to require tickets.

They don’t charge or restrict any other transportation and they won’t restrict this either.

I totally understand that! But ever since 1971, I'd ride the monorail every single trip even if I wasn't staying at the Polynesian or the Contemporary! :) (Those were the only two Disney monorail resorts at the time).

Sure, you had to take it to get to the MK, but even after we got into the park, when we ran out of E-tickets or even C-tickets, we'd take a loop or two.

And even though I haven't "needed" to ride it since about 2003, I still ride that monorail every time.

Maybe the Skyliner will be just as iconic to today's new visitors.

I totally understand that! But ever since 1971, I'd ride the monorail every single trip even if I wasn't staying at the Polynesian or the Contemporary! :) (Those were the only two Disney monorail resorts at the time).

Sure, you had to take it to get to the MK, but even after we got into the park, when we ran out of E-tickets or even C-tickets, we'd take a loop or two.

And even though I haven't "needed" to ride it since about 2003, I still ride that monorail every time.

Maybe the Skyliner will be just as iconic to today's new visitors.
E-tickets...Oh MY!

I wonder how many of us remember E-tickets???

And yes, the monorail was, and is, an E-ticket ride! A visit to the world just isn't magical without a monorail ride!

E-tickets...Oh MY!

I wonder how many of us remember E-tickets???

And yes, the monorail was, and is, an E-ticket ride! A visit to the world just isn't magical without a monorail ride!

Are you calling me old??!!!????
A visit to River Country on a non-park day, and trying to use up the A tickets because your mom wouldn't buy more tickets until all of the A tickets were gone as well. And I think they only A ticket that ran most days was the red double decker bus.

But yes, I AM old. My first visit was to Disneyland in the late 60s, but we started going to WDW in 1971.

Anyway................I'm excited to ride the Skyliner when I go in January, if I can!

Do they still have you show or verify park admission before entering the Ticket and Transportation Center? (I always thought it was a bad idea because guests should not be raising their hands holding tickets for fear of dropping and losing the tickets.)

If so then there may be a similar checkpoint prior to entering the Skyliner boarding alcoves at Caribbean Beach.

Did the boat captain also say that "the monorails are going to be extended next year to pass through two rectangular bricked in spots in the Swan and Dophin buildings that are just the size to be monorail portals"?

:)
I've never seen this but am picturing a bunch of guests just holding tickets in the air.
Seeing how there is no physical ticket required any more, there's not one to to hold up and show
Showing a MB isn't going to do anything.

Wow, the stuff they can make up.
IF it took you inside a park, that would be the case. The way it is now, that's just silly for them to spread that rumor. Heck, what about a guest who is staying at one of the resorts who hasn't bought their ticket yet. It happens all the time. People check in then buy their tickets at the gate. I have friends who never buy their tickets in advance. We are traveling together next month. The get FP on that day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!