Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
.I do not know why DVC members should get an advantage at say Flying Fish. However, if they wanted to give some advantage to all those staying at the resort a little more advance booking, that might not be wrong. Maybe EVERYONE staying at Boardwalk (Villas and Inn) book BW restaurants 10 days before others? Or at least to a portion of the table. I do not see this as a DVC thing however, I just contend that it is nice to be able to eat at your resort.

The point is not getting an advantage 200 days from the stay. My whole point was for more flexibility not less. I have never been blocked from getting exactly what I wanted when booking 100+ days out. the only exception was V+A Chef's Table which I booked right at 180 like 6 years ago.

I see zero reason to give even further advanced booking because how easy it is to get a space (but maybe not the exact time) in a restaurant already (except for maybe 3 or 4 dining experiences).

The point is not getting an advantage 200 days from the stay. My whole point was for more flexibility not less. I have never been blocked from getting exactly what I wanted when booking 100+ days out. the only exception was V+A Chef's Table which I booked right at 180 like 6 years ago.

I see zero reason to give even further advanced booking because how easy it is to get a space (but maybe not the exact time) in a restaurant already (except for maybe 3 or 4 dining experiences).
At Ohana Dinner and Cali Grill??? Pretty hard

but there may be no reason to do anything, just pondering there. I personally think deciding 180 days out - where I am going to eat in 6 months - is absurd. Then again, to me 2 weeks is even a lot.

At Ohana Dinner and Cali Grill??? Pretty hard

but there may be no reason to do anything, just pondering there. I personally think deciding 180 days out - where I am going to eat in 6 months - is absurd. Then again, to me 2 weeks is even a lot.

Maybe they could do a hybrid then? I am with you though I think a 180 day window just hurts things honestly. I book way more restaurants and cancel over 75% of the ADRs I plan.

60 days out for specific resort guest
50 days out for everyone

Heck maybe they could just hold back a portion of reservations for walk-ins regardless of who they are. Maybe 25% of tables are specifically held for walk-ins and it works like Star Wars where you line up electronically once all their tables are full with an approximate return time?

Please remember that the title of this thread is "Skyliner Breakdown and BWV." Restaurant ADR windows have nothing to do with the skyliner, and if there is a skyliner breakdown, chances are the restaurants won't have any walkup availability anyway, so no impact from the breakdown.

Puleze.... cash guests spend more than a DVC Member. And you do get perks. You get a booking advantage.
You did not buy a vacation. You bought a room.

So people who stay at the value resorts spend more on lodging then DVC members? Maybe over the long haul but not initially. I do believe that guest staying at value resorts also get booking advantages.

And I just don't get your motivation for coming into a DVC thread and interjecting so vehemently. When the gondola impact at BWV has no impact to you. You don't own there nor stay there, right? We have 255 BWV points (and pay crazy high dues there) so I care...a lot.

I have often wondered about this myself. I guess maybe once a DVC owner maybe you always want to be a DVC owner? Not sure what prompted Maistre Gracehey to sell all 2000 points that he/she previously owned. I guess there was a good reason.

I'm curious if Maistre Greachjey used all 2000 pts each year him/her self or if this poster was a renter...would be nice to know.

So people who stay at the value resorts spend more on lodging then DVC members? Maybe over the long haul but not initially. I do believe that guest staying at value resorts also get booking advantages.

I have often wondered about this myself. I guess maybe once a DVC owner maybe you always want to be a DVC owner? Not sure what prompted Maistre Gracehey to sell all 2000 points that he/she previously owned. I guess there was a good reason.

I'm curious if Maistre Greachjey used all 2000 pts each year him/her self or if this poster was a renter...would be nice to know.
I truly would be happy to answer all questions, but we have been advised to keep on topic.
Please ask again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

Since this thread is continuing off topic and violating at least the spirit of the DIS Posting Guidelines, I'm closing it.

4. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM
While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!