Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the bus driver didn't alert control central (for lack of correct term) and notify them that they needed to up the buses for BW going to MK. In the past I have seen that happen. Sorry you have had bad experiences at BW bus stop, hopefully in the future if you stay there you will have better access to the buses. I'm happy to say that so far I don't have any major complaints about the busing at BW.

I agree with you both... they both suck 😂. The MK bus at BC can be bad (traveling Mar, May, Dec, Aug - so different times of year).

The BWV stop is bad because of the backups - bus stopped, scooters off, scooters on, you are either in line and can see your bus which can’t pull up yet, or you’re coming back from the park and you just want off, but no dice because the load zone is blocked. One day in Aug there was a bus unloading/loading, one stopped at the stop sign & our bus behind that. Every one of those had to load & unload scooters. Not a fan of the BWV busses.

As a BCV owner, I agree, the BW makes no sense for a detour (emergency alternate) drop off/pick up zone. BC makes more sense.

Thank you for seeing my point. I'm glad someone here sees what I'm saying. ;) :thumbsup2pixiedust:

Buses are what buses are. On two separate occasions in June I waited 45 and 50 minutes to catch a bus from HS to WL, Stuff happens, why worry yourselves about it, life goes on. pooh:

The 9 days we just stayed at BWV we took a bus from there...zero times. Walked, Ubered or drove. Oh, except one time near the end of the trip when DH wanted to go to MK JUST to see the HoP. We were going to drive but as we walked down there was a MK bus there unloading so we hopped on. But, yeah, after about a dozen stays at BWV...the busing to MK, AK, DS is awful most of the time. I had never thought about it but, yes, the bus depot at BWV doesn't have space for multiple buses to pull up and unload. Maybe they figured that didn't need it because you walk/boat to 2 parks.

The 9 days we just stayed at BWV we took a bus from there...zero times. Walked, Ubered or drove. Oh, except one time near the end of the trip when DH wanted to go to MK JUST to see the HoP. We were going to drive but as we walked down there was a MK bus there unloading so we hopped on. But, yeah, after about a dozen stays at BWV...the busing to MK, AK, DS is awful most of the time. I had never thought about it but, yes, the bus depot at BWV doesn't have space for multiple buses to pull up and unload. Maybe they figured that didn't need it because you walk/boat to 2 parks.

Our experience as well. We have seldom gone to DS in 12 plus years, tried bussing and it was a nightmare. Actually do was driving but parking even with the new parking garages was crazy even on a Saturday night 2 years ago. Easier to skip it or do Uber.

We've had good bus luck at BWV over the years. But when we are running late or need to be somewhere, we grab a cab and don't depend on the bus. They can be late, it can get so crowded that not everyone waiting can fit on the bus (and often its the people who arrived last who push their way on first). Buses are for "we have time" Cabs/Lyfts are for "we really want to make rope drop/dinner reservations" - and we have grabbed a cab when we've stood there for 20 minutes and the bus hasn't shown up and we are reaching the edge of "we have time" and over to "we might miss....."

We always use the buses, my DH doesn't want to drive at WDW. We don't know exactly how to get to where we are going and too many other crazy drivers on the roads. My DH would rather sit back, look out the window and enjoy the scenery outside, he's on vacation too and doesn't need the added stress. I guess we have been pretty lucky because so far in 20 yrs we really haven't had any real issues.

I do have to say now that Disney changed the bus stop at DS I really don't like the fact that it is so far away from the area of DS that I frequent the most. It's a long walk to the Marketplace side of DS and after a long day you have to go all the way back to West Side for the buses and of course the BW bus is about as far away as it can be. (LOL I guess somebody has be last ;) ). I understand the bus stop that was at the Marketplace was pretty tough for the buses to make the turn but I still wish it was there. We pretty much always started at that end and made our way to the West Side. Oh well I guess as others have said nothing stays the same, it's called progress and IMHO what is best for Disney.

Yep, nothing stays the same and you just have to tweak how you do Disney (general you, not you, Ms.Minnie, specifically). We are constantly tweaking but then the mouse is constantly changing and we need to tweak our tweaks. It's tiring. Just want a casual low key vacay anymore. Just now, was on phone 38 mins with IT trying to get my MDE sorted out, it is wonky (can't see our full MB list). Not fixed and this was my second call in. And an e-mail to which they only responded for me to call in (hence the 2nd call today). And spent 4 hours with friend adding her family to my resort resie and trying to share each other on our MDE and match names to our friends list...wasn't working....took 4 hours. Figured out it's a very specific way to do which is not pointed out by Disney IT anywhere...had to figure it out on my own. Took 4 hours, no lie. Now I suspect making FP here in 2 days is gonna get me error message after error message. Not excited to do it but luckily it's just for 1 park day. Can't we go back to paper FP in the park, please!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, nothing stays the same and you just have to tweak how you do Disney (general you, not you, Ms.Minnie, specifically). We are constantly tweaking but then the mouse is constantly changing and we need to tweak our tweaks. It's tiring. Just want a casual low key vacay anymore. Just now, was on phone 38 mins with IT trying to get my MDE sorted out, it is wonky (can't see our full MB list). Not fixed and this was my second call in. And an e-mail to which they only responded for me to call in (hence the 2nd call today). And spent 4 hours with friend adding her family to my resort resie and trying to share each other on our MDE and match names to our friends list...wasn't working....took 4 hours. Figured out it's a very specific way to do which is not pointed out by Disney IT anywhere...had to figure it out on my own. Took 4 hours, no lie. Now I suspect making FP here in 2 days is gonna get me error message after error message. Not excited to do it but luckily it's just for 1 park day. Can't we go back to paper FP in the park, please!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Understood. ;)

Hopefully your FPs will go smoothly. Sending you some pixie dust for easy peasy FP experience. pixiedust:

I have yet to stay at the BW and really do want to at some point. I have done the Yacht and Beach Club and on both occasions we venture over to the BW for food, fun, and such. I am now thinking the lower end crowd levels there may be a thing of the past. Bummer. The BW, Poly, OKW, are really the last three that I have a desire to stay at that we haven't already. Maybe Pop as well.

I'm just back from 10/11-10/21 at the BWV. I didn't notice too much impact going into EPCOT at IG but coming out was much more crowded and congested where the Skyliner and Friendship boats are. Also, the Boardwalk itself was much more crowded and ESPN was crazier than usual. I'm sure ESPN will be a big attraction for people staying at the Skyliner Resorts. They can get there to watch their games, drink up a storm and not worry about driving or paying for UBER or cab to get back to their resort. I believe in the long run, it will have a huge impact on the Boardwalk area. Good or bad?

Thanks for the update FRANKTSJR, it's good to know what's going on. I guess it could be good in some ways for BW, as others have said maybe they will up the entertainment on the BW. I just hope the people don't miss their Skyliner ride back to their reports or they will have to be paying for UBER...

Maybe if the people are there they could do something more interesting with Atlantic Dance Hall? Never been but from everything I've heard it's pretty much wasted space.

That would be another possibility for improvements to the area if there are more people to attend...Beware of the rooms on the BW, when Jellyrolls lets out the noise level can sometimes picks up, I would imagine that Atlantic Dance could have the same affect. Also if the additional traffic is from Skyliner resorts I'm guessing the demand for Uber would go up if they stay until closing time.

That would be another possibility for improvements to the area if there are more people to attend...Beware of the rooms on the BW, when Jellyrolls lets out the noise level can sometimes picks up, I would imagine that Atlantic Dance could have the same affect. Also if the additional traffic is from Skyliner resorts I'm guessing the demand for Uber would go up if they stay until closing time.
That is a great point. The noise level rising might just have an effect on those BW view rooms. Never thought of that.

And that would bring up noise level for standard view rooms near the front portico.

And that would bring up noise level for standard view rooms near the front portico.
I doubt a hundred or so extra Uber/Lyft will have a huge impact on noise, unless their car is in need of major repairs. Otherwise, there are always people milling around the resorts, so unless someone is screaming the at top of their lungs, the most impact would be a low murmur.

I doubt a hundred or so extra Uber/Lyft will have a huge impact on noise, unless their car is in need of major repairs. Otherwise, there are always people milling around the resorts, so unless someone is screaming the at top of their lungs, the most impact would be a low murmur.

There are some people who leave Jellyrolls and they do scream and talk very loudly. It doesn't last too long but it does happen so in theory the larger the crowd the louder it will be and it could spill out the front of BW for those waiting on transportation to their resort.

There are some people who leave Jellyrolls and they do scream and talk very loudly. It doesn't last too long but it does happen so in theory the larger the crowd the louder it will be and it could spill out the front of BW for those waiting on transportation to their resort.

Especially loud for lower floor boardwalk view units. The crowd doesn’t get quieter as they stagger towards the elevators and stairs to the lobby. Seems worse on weekends and during some conventions.

If people Uber/Lyft from the Boardwalk, it seems to me the Skyliner had very little to do with them in the first place.
I mean, I doubt many guests at Pop are going to spend $100 at Jellyrolls plus pay an Uber back, just to ride one way on the Skyliner. Heck, Jellyrolls isn’t even super close to the Skyliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!