Skippers Canteen for a kids B-day dinner?

angelmav

DIS Veteran
Ok, I have this ADR for May. This is also our last night of the trip. So, was hoping for a decent to good meal. The menu is appealing to us, but the place looks a little blase. I don't want this to be an anticlimactic experience after so many great (I hope) meals. Since it is her B-day, thought it would be fun to be in the park for fireworks, maybe even a dessert party (gluten, egg issues), just want to end on a high note. Will Skippers let everyone down? We have a Crystal Palace Bfast and BoG lunch that day as well. Not planning on leaving the park.

I ate there on my last trip. I went in very skeptical, as I am not an overly adventorous eater. I ended up really enjoying it. The food was excellent and the theming is very cool. One thing to note is that I was expecting a lot of jokes from the wait staff (like the Jungle Cruise), but we really did not get that. I have heard mixed reviews from others regarding rather or not there are jokes.

It's restaurant with two very detailed smaller rooms (though can be tough to explore if tables full) and a large room that feels like a food court. We have been multiple times and never gotten a real "experience" from servers. Nothing really impressive about it .............. I would say try it but I would not expect anything climatic or celebratory. I would rather do the Dessert Party for a birthday and with your other two meals, you could keep a dinner before it very light, quick serve.

I think 3TS meals in one day are a whole lot of food. If I were planning this, I'd cancel the BOG lunch and keep the other two reservations. The decor at Skipper Canteen is fun, although I haven't encountered many jokes by the servers. You could let them know you're there for a birthday and that you'd appreciate more jokes to make it fun.

Thanks for the tips! We are not likely to overdo it at any of the TS meals, as they are more of a respite than an opportunity to pig out. This is our second go round in MK this trip, and with a 6 year old celebrating who is not ready for many of the rides, we can spare the down time. I'm feeling a little better about this ADR today, as, frankly, there is not really another option if we don't want to leave the park, and given some in our party have gluten, egg, milk issues, Tony's is kind of out too.

Thanks for the tips! We are not likely to overdo it at any of the TS meals, as they are more of a respite than an opportunity to pig out. This is our second go round in MK this trip, and with a 6 year old celebrating who is not ready for many of the rides, we can spare the down time. I'm feeling a little better about this ADR today, as, frankly, there is not really another option if we don't want to leave the park, and given some in our party have gluten, egg, milk issues, Tony's is kind of out too.

Skipper's isn't big on antics or really that unique, but, IMHO it has the best TS food in MK , the servers are very nice and is well-themed. If you are expecting the excitement of, say, a character meal, WCC or O'hana dinner, you won't get it, but you'll get good food in a nice atmosphere. Honestly, if you are doing CP, BOG lunch and a dessert party, it might be nice to have a lower-key dinner.

I think Skipper antics depend on the server. We have been twice for lunch and both of our servers were really into being in character.

The menu is interesting and the decor is great. We think it's a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter