Skipper Canteen review

happymommy

DIS Veteran
Wish I had written this right when I got back, but anyway, I was at Disney March 12-18. We had a lunch booked for Skipper Canteen, and it was right before our FP for Jungle Cruise (the trip was me, my oldest son, and my youngest son). Lunch was soooo good! We ordered falafel to share, wine for me and oldest who is 21, youngest got some sickly sweet soda he loved (he has a sweet tooth), and oldest got the pork belly, which he DEVOURED and declared it amazing. Youngest and I shared the Thai noodle dish (amazing) and the Crew Stew. It was a bit too much food!

Okay, so a couple days later, we're in the MK, and it's crowded (duh, spring break). I loved having a sit down rest, glass of wine, so I looked on MDE and found an ADR 15 minutes out for same place. Booked it, then we walked there. This time youngest and I just shared the noodle dish, oldest still got the pork, and we got falafel. It was still so good! Plus, it was a nice break.

This place seems to be a hidden gem. No, it isn't cheap, as lunch for me and my 2 kids ran roughly $100 plus each time. It's vacation, though. So I'm not complaining about that at all.

Highly recommended!

We ate there during spring break. Loved the theming of the restaurant. DS had the Thai noodle dish and loved it. I had Char siu pork and it was also very good. Wish we'd had room for dessert!

Oh yes it was the Char Siu Pork my oldest had. He devoured it, which is good because he's skinny and could use the calories!

I have no idea why other places in MK are so busy, while this one you can get in same day. I've had breakfast and lunch several times at BOG (wonderful each time), but it's hard to get ADR's there! And only time I did was with free dining.

We ate there in August and it is the one place that every family member voted to return to in May. We said there are so many things on the menu that we didn't try last time, we have to go again. And then my son and I, who are the most adventurous eaters, decided we're having the same pork and lamb we had last time because it was soooo good. We'll expand our horizons another time.

Would this be a good choice for those of us that are 'picky'. My daughter and I are not adventurous when it comes to food. We don't like a lot of spices and exotics haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter