Skipper Canteen, can you get mash potatos, how is the steak?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
I really would like to try Skippers but not sure about the menu, DH and I both love steak so I thought that would be safe, however I dont want rice and black beans.

WOuld they be able to sub mash potatos and like green beans or something instead?

Was the steak up to par with some of the other 1 TS steaks??

Thanks so much!

The steak is pretty average for a 1 TS restaurant. The one I had last time had more gristly fat than I would like (my steak at BOG was much better that trip), but it was easy enough to cut off. Nothing else on the menu has any sort of potato, so I don't know if that would be possible. I was able to substitute their vegetable of the day for the beans (I got broccoli).

Mashed potatoes do not appear anywhere on the menu, so I'm sure that means they do not have them at the restaurant.

However...one of the kids' meals shows "fingerling potatoes" as a side, so you *might* be able to substitute those for your side. You'll just have to ask your server.

My DW really enjoyed her "A Lot At Steak" Salad when we ate here a couple of years ago. She is looking forward to probably getting it again next month.

In general, if an item appears on the menu you should be able to make a substitution, however if it does not appear, no.

I always suggest that if a menu does not appeal to you, and you are searching for a way to have a meal, perhaps you should look to a different venue.

After doing some digging and research I reached out and found out that Skippers shares a kitchen with LTT so mash potatos wont be an issue.. Thanks anyway

Don't assume that just because it shares a kitchen, that it won't be an issue. If you plan on spending more than just 1 day at MK, maybe don't make the ADR for your first day and then while you are there on the first day stop by and ask them (even better if you can get whoever is at the podium to actually go and ask or see if a manager is available). This way, if they tell you they can't, you have time to change the reservation without any penalty. If you are only spending 1 day at MK, it's up to you if you want to take the chance.

When I was there is Sept I asked if I could substitute potatoes for the vegetables and she listed a few different ways I could have the potatoes... I chose to have them roasted...they were very accommodating. When we finished the meal and went to leave it was pouring so my son & I sat down in the front lobby to wait out the rain....one of the hostesses walked over to my son and I and presented us with 2 poncho's when the rain started to let up...it was such a nice gesture and we really appreciated it.

Don't assume that just because it shares a kitchen, that it won't be an issue. If you plan on spending more than just 1 day at MK, maybe don't make the ADR for your first day and then while you are there on the first day stop by and ask them (even better if you can get whoever is at the podium to actually go and ask or see if a manager is available). This way, if they tell you they can't, you have time to change the reservation without any penalty. If you are only spending 1 day at MK, it's up to you if you want to take the chance.

When I said reach out I verified that bc they share a kitchen with LTT that it would be possible. After 20 plus trips to WDW and also working for WDW I knew that normally it wouldn't be a problem but I was looking for peoples experiences..

When I was there is Sept I asked if I could substitute potatoes for the vegetables and she listed a few different ways I could have the potatoes... I chose to have them roasted...they were very accommodating. When we finished the meal and went to leave it was pouring so my son & I sat down in the front lobby to wait out the rain....one of the hostesses walked over to my son and I and presented us with 2 poncho's when the rain started to let up...it was such a nice gesture and we really appreciated it.
That is exactly what I wanted to hear, someone experience, thank you! May I ask what you ate and enjoyed?

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, someone experience, thank you! May I ask what you ate and enjoyed?
I had the Egyptian pasta dish that was very good but sadly is no longer on the menu...my son had the lamb chops and loved them, We shared the Kungaloosh dessert which was also good. We would definitely go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter