Skip the rooms at fop?

momof3baldwins

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if u can skip the rooms with the videos at fop if you have a das? My child does not do closed in spaces or crowds well. Being closed in the room freaks him out. It would be great if we could bypass it. Thanks

I am not too sure if they would let you skip it ( I do skip a lot of the preshow at Disney world) I too have a hard time with the preshow but this one is the easiest one to do. you go in the first room and stand on your number and watch a video and then walk in line to the next room and do the same thing. so there is no pushing and shoving no one on top of you ( the line before the preshow is harder for me to do) I hope this help.

but you are more then welcome to talk to the CMout side of any rides and tell them where you(r) son has a hard time and ask them if there is anything that can help with the problem.

It never hurts to ask! But from what I remember, it seems to be the only way to get to the "room" with the ride in it. Do I remember that correctly? There may be emergency exits in there somewhere that I didn't notice!!

C77A1A6E-B174-459F-B93C-E85CF27C467B.jpeg 45C2690C-9C4A-405A-8C08-F6DD4B01F9D9.jpeg You can ask, but I doubt that that they would let you skip it. Part of it is background information about the attraction’s theming and part is safety instructions about how to get onto the ride seat.

There are 2 rooms for the preshow. In both, you are in a room with no more than 16 people and each person has an individual number to stand on, so you are not pushed right against other riders. In the first room, guests are in 2 rows of 8, with a half wall separating the lines. The second room is long and narrow, with riders in a long line (again, standing on their number).

I don’t think there is a way to get directly from the queue area to the ‘ride’ room without going thru the preshow rooms. It might be helpful to ask if he could either be one of the first numbers or one of the last so he would be near the front or the back of the line.

If he’s going to have problems with the preshow rooms, he might also have an issue with the ride room. The seats are in a long line, with the numbers on the floor in front of each. Depending on how quickly people are able to get into place on their seats and get secured, it could take as long as the preshow room. While you are waiting on your seat, there is a ‘wall’ in front of you, very close to where you are seated. It is as much of enclosed space as the preshow rooms.
There is more information and pictures on a separate Pandora Rides thread stuck near the top of this board. It might be helpful to him to see what the rooms look like.

I attached 2 pictures here of the first room. We were numbers 1-5, so we’re in the first half of the room. The half wall is the white thing toward the right of the photo. The photo shows the other half of the room.
The second picture shows the screen for the preshow and shows the separation between guests pretty well.

If he does have a problem then ask to stand on number 1,8,9,18 as these are at the end of the rows in both rooms and you have a little more space to step to the side 10-17 in the second room is in the second row with a row in front of you so this can fell a little tight. But it really is not that bad. ( I have problems in preshow but have never with FOP )

Also to consider - the ride vehicle itself is very restraining - there's a front panel you press up against, a back panel that comes up behind you, and leg panels that hold your legs in place.

We had something happen with one of our family members while loading onto FOP and he had to leave before riding. (Long story) They issued him a FP to come back. We asked if he could skip past the videos and the CM said that riders have to watch the 2 videos as they include safety information. That said, a disability accommodation might get you a different answer. But, the pre-show rooms aren't tons smaller than the actual ride room.

That said, a disability accommodation might get you a different answer. But, the pre-show rooms aren't tons smaller than the actual ride room.

The only thing a disability accommodation gets you is the ability to wait outside the line.

I will add ( and SueM in MN said too) if you need something more you need to ask at the ride. I have done this at a number of rides sometimes the CM can accommodate me sometimes not.

Last edited:
The only thing a disability accommodation gets you is the ability to wait out side the line.
that is true and the CMs at the load area have no way to read a Magicband to see DAS.

For any accommodations other than getting a DAS Return Time, there is no need or requirement for DAS. Guests with disabilities need to ask for what they need at the attraction at the attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter